- Show Date: 19/08/2023
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Michael Blay Contact Judge
- Published Date: 17/10/2023
Huntingdonshire Canine Society
HUNTINGDONSHIRE CANINE SOCIETY
19th Aug 2023 Judge Mike Blay
I would like to thank the Secretary and her hard working committee for running a super show, The weather
was challenging with the heat, but all the dogs coped admirably. Thanks must also go to the exhibitors for
accepting my decisions graciously and with sportsmanship.
Puppy No Entries.
Junior No Entries.
Post Grad 1 Entry 0 Abs.
1. Johnston, Johnston, Johnston & Boxall – Ludstar Maccabee at Glenquin (Imp Ita) D. Strong headed
dog, pleasing shape to body when stacked good angles to front, deep chested, good topline and
strong loin, muscular thigh and good turn of stifle, held tailset well on the move, but just needed to
1. Upton & Upton – Roydack Portrait of a Lady. B. Lovely feminine bitch in size and type, not as heavy
set as 2, classic head shape, slightly rounded skull with good stop and correct muzzle to head ratio,
good length to neck and well placed sloping shoulders, and good front to her, deep in brisket and
well sprung rib, liked her level topline and good tailset, strong behind with good angles to well let
down hocks, flowing movement showing enough drive about her, found her in good coat. BOB
2. Johnston – Glenquin The Patriot. D. Heavier in head than I would normally like, good neck and
shoulders, well sprung rib and correct topline, strong loin and strong rear although I found him
slightly over angulated in his rear pasterns, a handful on the move, but showed good straight lines
and drive when he eventually settled.
ENGLISH SPRINER SPANIEL
1. Harris – Melverly Amy Dorrit with Costalglows. B. Super class headed by this black and white bitch,
super head shape, kind expression and oozes quality, loved her stacked and didn’t disappoint when
I got my hands on her, correct through neck and shoulders and enough rib for age, liked her topline
which she held on the move, good angles behind and a steadiness on the move that belied her age,
couldn’t resist giving her BOB, BP then watch hr go PG1. Definitely one to watch for the future.
2. Weyman - More Than Amazing Wanna be a Gangster at Spuffing. D. A Tri Boy who shows a lot of
promise, just 6 mths old and unfortunate to come across 1 on day. Liked his head and soft
expression, good neck and shoulders, held topline well for age, liked his shape when stood and well
made rear quarters, move wel,l but just not the maturity of 1 today.
1. Harris – Melverly Betsy Trottwood with Costalglows. B. litter sister to my puppy winner, and cast
very much from the same mould, super type to this L/W bitch, lovely head and expression, good
proportion to the head, clean neck without any throatiness and well laid shoulders, and good front
assembly, rib coming on nicely for age, nicely balanced when stacked, mature for age on the move,
steady and showing good drive.
2. Frusher & Slack - Chanangel When You Believe at Shersona. B. Nice head shape and good eye, clean
through neck well sprung in rib, just found her looking a little longer in the body when stacked
compared to 1, good rear angulation, would like to see a bit more oomph on the move.
Post Grad 4,0
1. Weyman – Spuffing Processo. B. l/w bitch, lovely shape to her and a nice balanced outline, super
head set on a good length neck and well placed shoulders, good spring to rib and short coupled,
well off for muscles behind which allowed her to freely stride around the ring, found her in good
coat today. RBOB
2. Simmons - Dexbenella Frivolity. B. another nice bitch who will swap with 1 on another day, liked
her head shape and clean lines when stood, good shape and muscle to rear, moved ok, but
preferred the drive to 1 today.
3. Frusher - Dexbenella Fenella at Shersona. B.
4. Boole – Plaiglen Raggs to riches of arramow. B.
1. Osbourne – Pendarlow Peter Pan With Braego. D. pleasing shape when stood, liked his head shape
and good neck and shoulders, well off for rib, would prefer a more level topline, good angles
behind, Tended to pull his owner on the move unbalancing him, but showed enough to allow me to
award him the class.
2. Wallis – Pendarlow Tiana. B. found this bitch a tad overweight on the day. Liked her shape when
stacked but preferred 1’s head shape, in good coat and moved well.
WELSH SPRINGER SPANIEL
1. Caldwell & Levy – Cerysan Limited Edition. D. Liked his head shape and soft expression, good neck
and correct shoulder placement, good topline and body developing nicely for age, good angles
behind and found him balanced on the move with good rear action. BP
Post Grad 1,0
1. Stevenson – Mymmsbrook Matador with Blythway JW. D. lovely balance to this male, classic head
shape and kind expression, good front and well sprung rib, short coupled, if I had any fault I would
like a little more rise over his hind quarters, well muscled and moved a dream, gleaming coat in
excellent condition. Showed enough about him for me to award him BOB
1. Gaylor & Robertson – Heniveruce King of Brewers. D. lovely shape when stood, super head and
good eye, correct ear set, clean neck and well place shoulders, good front to him and well off for
rib, good topline and short strong loin, clean lines to his rear and found him in good coat moved
well both to and fro and in profile.
2. Thomas – Bowdonia Truly Scrumptious. B. finer type than 1, lots of quality to her, sweetest of heads
with soft kind expression, good neck and well laid shoulders, pleasing shape when stacked, short
loin and good hind quarters, lively on the move, but good straight lines when she settled.
3. Caldwell - Hillpark Queen Bee for Cerysan AW(B). B.
4. Woodward - Hinxwood Fire and Ice. B.
5. Caldwell & McDowell – Bowdonia only the Brave for Cerysan. D.