- Show Date: 20/05/2023
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Elizabeth Millward Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Hound Club Of East Anglia
I would like to first thank the Hound Club of East Anglia for the appointment, they put on such a lovely show, the sun was shining, and everyone was enjoying the day. Well done to all the committee involved.
I was honoured to judge BIS and had 21 breeds present, I shortlisted to 6 and was pleased with the quality that I had especially as the show clashed with SKC Hound Day. My first 4 placings are all good examples of their breed but the ultimate award for Best In Show went to the Pharoah Hound Collins and Dunhill-Hall Ch. Fantasa Dallas Maverick that I had earlier given BOB. He just caught my attention as soon as he entered the ring both in the breed and BIS. He presented a lovely shape on the stack with free easy movement covering the ground, I have covered his full critique in the breed class.
My Reserve Best In Show went to an upstanding Irish Wolfhound Sheppard Gaelmarque Treasured by Goldswift JW. She is a combination of great size and strength, presented a lovely shape with everything where it should be, nice head and dark eye, small rose shaped ears, long neck, strong and well arched, very deep depth of chest with plenty of heartroom, elbows well under, balanced angulation front and rear, good forechest, good bend of stifle, well arched toes, long tail, she has such a easy and active movement.
Group 3 went to the Std Long Haired Dachshund Vincent Gainscroft Dark Destroyer, he has correct body proportions with ground clearance, I have covered his critique in the stakes class.
Group 4 went to the very feminine black Whippet Hills Shimmeree Black Satin JW, A feminine bitch who naturally covers the ground, presented a lovely shape where everything flows, beautiful head, long and lean, tapering to the muzzle, oval eyes, scissor bite, small rose shaped ears, good length of neck elegantly arched into well laid shoulder, good forechest, forearms straight with bladed bone, pasterns with slight spring, chest deep, arch over the loin with definite tuck up, well developed second thigh, well developed second thigh, long tail, moved true with free action.
I awarded Best Puppy In Show to the Beagle male Hardisty Blundethall Jacks the Lad, caught my eye immediately for BPIS, this young male presented a lovely shape on the stack, nice head and dark eye, low set long ears, scissor bite, long neck into shoulder, balanced angulation, level topline, tail set on high, tight feet, sound on the move with a free action showing reach and drive.
Reserve Best Puppy In Show went to the Irish Wolfhound Bridges Barrassy Firecracker (AI), this young bitch has a lot of maturing still to come which is expected with a giant breed but she has so much promise, she has a lovely head and eye, good length of neck, balanced angulation front and rear, good forechest, deep chest, long tail, once settled showed that easy movement.
Puppy Group 3 went to the Whippet Wilton-Clarke Shalfleet Chilli Cracker feminine brindle and white bitch, she has a lovely head, long and lean with a slight stop, oval eyes, scissor bite, rose shaped ears, moderate length of neck into well laid shoulder, forelegs straight with moderate bladed bone, pasterns with slight spring, chest deep, arch over the loin with definite tuck up, long tail, balanced angulation, moved true.
Puppy Group 4 Basset Hound Archer Roamanbay Red Hot Pepa Sauce, I feel for this black and tan 6 months girl, good head with domed skull, lozenge-shaped eyes, ears set on low, scissor bite, good length of neck into well laid shoulder, nice body proportions, forelegs straight, balanced angulation front and rear, body long and deep, well ribbed, stifles well bent, tail set well on, lots to still come at such a young age.
Special Yearling (1)
1. Hamilton Cambaros La Revoltosa with Harrisclub (imp Sw), 9 month old bitch, nice head and eye, lovely chiselling, Large thin erect ears, good length of neck into shoulder, steep, short shoulder blades, straight forelegs, level back, long second thigh, low set long tail, moved well. BPIB
Post Graduate (2)
1. Taylor Yetti (imp esp), rough coated bitch, nice head with almond shaped eye, large erect ears, good length of neck, short shoulder blades, correct chest proportions, level topline, moved with correct action, would prefer more weight.
2. Hamilton Hiedra La Princesa Rosa De Podi with Harrisclub (imp svk), just 12 months, was a close decision between these two. Another rough coated bitch, nice head and eye, good ears, moderate angulation with steep shoulder and straight forelegs, level top line, short coupled, long second thigh, moved well.
1. Taylor Ch Abbotsoak Carousel JW, a beautiful feminine bitch, presented a lovely shape, nice head with flat skull and prominent occipital bone, almond shaped eye, scissor bite, large thin erect ears in line with arch of neck, steep, short shoulder, balanced angulation, straight forelegs, level back, long ribcage, correct depth, long second thigh, well arched toes, low set long tail, this bitch showed that unique movement of a suspended trot with a long far-reaching stride. BOB
2. Taylor Falconcrag Valenta, an 11 year old bitch who I just fell for. She has the most exquisite head and eye, good length of neck into steep shoulder, straight forelegs, balanced angulation, correct depth, level topline, long tail, correct movement, may not have been as fast as the younger girls but she did enough to win RBOB.
3. Hamilton Gala with Harrisclub NAF TAF
Special Yearling (1)
1. Ashby Regina Alessandra, feminine bitch with long lean skull, oval eyes, fine and large medium high set ears, scissor bite, needs to mature a lot in body and front, moderate angulation front and rear.
Post Graduate (1)
1. Falzon Doucai’s Principessa Xini, another feminine bitch with good head and eyes, scissor bite, needed to use ears more but they were large and fine, scissor bite, moderate length of neck into shoulder, moderate angulation, requires a better fill to front and depth of chest.
1. Collins & Dunhill-Hall Ch Fantasa Dallas Maverick, this was the dog I was waiting for, and he then entered the ring. He is of a moderate size but is the combination of that power and grace as required in the standard. He has a long lean skull with chiselling, slight stop, oval eye, scissor bite, correctly set ears, large and fine, long neck with slight arch into well laid shoulder, Forelegs straight, elbows well tucked in, pasterns strong, deep chest, moderate tuck up, correct body proportions, balanced angulation front and rear, Well-developed second thigh, well knucked feet, tail of correct length and carried correctly on the move, his angulation allowed him to cover the ground with that free flowing movement. BOB and BIS.
2. Ashby, Cappelaere & Samways Kurriera Krystal Amethyst, this feminine girl has such a classic head which I just kept being drawn too. Long and lean with her whole head representing a blunt wedge when viewed in profile and from above. Beautiful chiselling and underjaw, oval eyes, slight stop scissor bite, correctly set ears, nice long muscular neck, good forechest, balanced angulation, deep chest, moved true with a free flowing action. RBOB.
Special Yearling (1)
1. Simms Aftonlee Aros at Elverdal, this male was being very cheeky but I didn’t mind that as its all about enjoying their day. He had a powerful compact body, wedge shaped head, slightly oval dark eye, high set erect ears, moderate length of neck and balanced moderate angulations, tail set on high, moved with that effortless gait. BOB
Post Graduate (2)
1. Jepson Laakso Esko, this dog needs more training but I saw enough to assess. He is compact with a good head and eye, high set ears, moderate length of neck and angulation. Moved true once settled.
2. Stone Laakso Eike, good head with oval dark eye, scissor bite, high set ears, would prefer better length of neck, compact body, moderate angulation, moved true.
Open (5, 3 abs)
1. Simms Ch Seasara Earl Gray, masculine male, good head and dark eye, wedge shaped head, broad between the ears, high set erect ears, moderate length of neck into shoulder, balanced angulation, compact body, high set tail, moved with an effortless gait. RBOB.
2. Jepson Bowerhinton Bombette, feminine bitch, good head and eye, high set erect ears, moderate angulation and length to neck, straight forelegs, high set tail.
AV Stakes Puppy (10, 8 abs)
1. Webb & Sheppard Killoughery Mission Two for Inkleyboys, Irish Wolfhound, nice 11 month male of good size, good head with length and dark eye, scissor bite, small rose shaped eyes, good length of neck into shoulder, balanced angulation front and rear, deep chest, good forechest, long tail, moved true with effortless strides.
2. Adderley Tambyssa’s Tawny Sky (AI) Rhodesian Ridgeback, bitch, head of fair length with skull flat and stop well defined, round eyes, high set ears, scissor bite, strong neck into shoulder, balanced moderate angulation front and rear, forelegs straight, deep chest, well defined ridge, moved true, still lots to come.
AV Special Yearling (13, 9abs)
1. Langman Madika High Flyer at Bonwillian, Beagle, balanced bitch, dark eye, scissor bite, low set ears, good length of neck into shoulder, good balanced angulations, rounded bone, level topline, deep chest, tail set on high, sound mover.
2. Hills Rangali Gretel at Shimmeree, Basset Fauve De Bretagne, good head with oval dark eye, ears set on level with the eye, scissor bite, moderately short neck into shoulder, forelegs straight, deep chest, sternum prominent, level topline, balanced angulation, stifles well bent, tight feet, high set tail, rough coat, once she started to concentrate, she showed me how she can move, striding out well.
3. Wilton-Clarke Shalfleet Easter Sonnet, Whippet
AV Stakes Post Graduate (4, 3abs)
1. Vincent Gainscroft Dark Destroyer, Dachshund (Long-Haired), red male with balanced proportions and sufficient ground clearance., long conical head, correct head proportion, almond shaped eye, high set ears, scissor bite, long neck into well laid shoulder, scissor bite, goog length of neck into well laid shoulder, prominent breastbone with forelegs at lowest point of keel, ribs extending well back, coat flat, free flowing movement with long strides.
AV Stakes Open (6, 6abs)