- Show Date: 16/07/2023
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Annandale Canine Society
Many thanks to the Secretary Jane and her lovely committee for the kind invitation to judge Gundogs and BIS, my stewards Mary and Lorraine kept the ring running so well and a special thanks to Siobhan for the amazing photographs that she took in challenging weather conditions, together with my beautiful gifts it was a lovely reminder of a most enjoyable day.
BEST IN SHOW
Goodwin’s Ch. Lisjovia Adagio avec Montmusique JW. 5 year old PMD bitch in her absolute prime, gentle feminine head, straight front with good bone, beautiful shape both standing and moving, excellent depth and shape of rib, carried her tail well, moved out with a positive, purposeful stride in all directions, in excellent coat and condition, very worthy of this award.
RESERVE BEST IN SHOW
Neilson’s Tweedspey Toppsecret avec Ponfeigh (imp FRA). Judged previously, for a bitch of only 13 months, she didn’t put a paw wrong, she has a very promising future.
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW
Hinshelwood’s Muirfauld Fairy Tale. 8 months old and very cheeky, gave me such an arrogant look! Appealing head and lovely eye, correct bite, good neck and shoulders, clean front, correct proportions, excellent tail carriage and well muscled, very eye catching on the move, she owned that ring, presented in excellent coat and condition.
RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW
Lui’s Eblanahalls Kiss Curl. I loved this bitch of nearly 8 months, lovely flat head of good length, good ear set and eye colour, compact in body making a lovely shape standing, well laid back shoulder and good spring to ribs, very well muscled, soft wheaten coat of excellent texture, she moved out well with positivity and confidence.
BEST VETERAN IN SHOW
McClure’s Ch. Scallywag The Highlander with Allmark. 10 year old blue merle male, kindest of head and expression, strong muzzle, correct bite, good neck, well laid back shoulder, liked his body proportions, good bone, sound in top-line with good tail carriage, he moved out with a steady, confident gait covering the ground well, immaculately presented in excellent coat and condition, owner told me this was his very last show, happy retirement!
RESERVE BEST VETERAN IN SHOW
Burgess’ Cedarcreek Forever Young at Mountainglen. 8 year old bitch of nice type and substance, strong head and muzzle, good neck and shoulders, good depth of chest and ribbed well back, short loin, well muscled, in excellent coat and condition, moved out with a purposeful, easy stride.
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
1. Johnston’s Brocklehirst Early Bird. Nicely presented 2 year old bitch with kind head and expression, strong neck and shoulders with good bone, deep chest, well ribbed back, sound in top-line, gaited well when settled, in excellent coat and condition.
1. Kenmare’s Windgunns Rio Grande. Preferred the make and shape of this 2½ year old bitch, lovely dark eye, kindest head and expression, well set ears, very feminine, lovely lay of shoulder with deep chest, good bone and feet, liked her proportions, very clean and free on the move, presented in excellent coat and well muscled condition, BOB.
1. Thomson’s Maursett Morganite for Caspellwynd. 2 year old dog, very gentle expression with kind eye, nice skull with well set ears, good bite, clean neck and shoulders, liked his proportions and good depth of chest, short loin, he was well balanced and nicely angulated all through, in excellent well muscled condition, moved out freely with purpose, preferred his movement to open winner but wasn’t happy being handled by someone else in the challenge for BOB.
1. Thomson’s Bushbane Rathlin Caspellwynd. Nicely presented male who wasn’t always showing himself to his best advantage, he can stand quite loose at the front, kind expressive eye, liked his skull and good ear set, strong neck and shoulders, nicely angulated but occasionally losing his top-line, when he concentrated he showed some free and easy movement, presented in excellent coat and condition, better movement in the challenge for BOB.
1. Davies’ Annaside’s Star Turn. Really liked this black bitch of nearly 3 years, so feminine and expressive in head with gorgeous dark eye, good skull and well set ears, lovely neck and shoulders, straight front with good bone, cobby with good spring of rib, so happy and free on the move and presented in lovely condition.
2. Davies’ Annaside You Are My Sunshine. Promising baby of nearly 8 months, such a sweet and feminine expression, dark eye, good ears, lovely neck and shoulder placement, deep chest and well ribbed, when she settled she moved out with a purposeful stride, very confident and could quite easily have popped her in my car to take home, BP & PG1.
1. Davies’ Annaside Winter’s Moon. This bitch really provoked memories for me, she reminded me so much of the dam of my first cocker back in the early 80s, beautiful blue roan, very feminine in head and expression, lovely eye, good front and rear, nice proportions, she moved out with a lovely stride and owned that ring, lovely spring of rib and short loin, looked well both standing and moving, BOB & G3.
2. Wilson’s Kenwad Wilbur Force. 3 year old black male, looked well on the stand, found him slightly heavy in head for me, but he had a lovely dark eye and well set ears, not the front of 1, good bone and feet, preferred the proportions of my winer today but he moved out with purpose and was beautifully presented.
SPANIEL (ENGLISH SPRINGER)
1. Watson’s Sh Ch. Bordacity Honey Ryder. Rising 9 years and a sound, well made bitch who clearly enjoyed her showing, lovely expressive and feminine head, beautifully angulated all through with a straight front, good bone and feet, deep chest and well sprung ribs, short loin, sound in top-line, clean hocks, she moved out like a 2 year old, kept in clean and ultra fit condition, BOB & G2.
1. Henderson’s Sametsuz Pillowtalk (Irish Setter). Immaculately presented young bitch of 2 years old, lovely gentle feminine head and expression, dark eye and correct skull, strong neck, well laid back shoulder, nicely proportioned all through, moved out cleanly, good top-line and well muscled.
2. Duncan’s Diggmere Struffoli at Larhuly (Italian Spinone). Another beautifully presented sound bitch of nearly 3 years, feminine head, good skull proportions, kind expression, well let down chest and good ribbing with short loin, strong bone and straight front, moved out with an easy, purposeful stride.
3. Turner’s Kamaze Dream With Your Feet at Gilnockie (Large Munsterlander).
1. Henderson’s Sametsuz Believe In Me (Irish Setter). Lovely mature bitch of 3½ years, the most feminine head and endearing expression with melting eye, straight front and good bone, lovely body proportions with correct top-line, well angulated all through, excellent tail set and carriage, she moved out with an easy, ground covering stride and was presented in excellent coat and condition, BAVNSC.
2. Duncan’s Diggmere Strawberry Heart at Larhuly (Italian Spinone). Well presented bitch of 7 years, kind head and expression, strong neck and shoulders, straight front with good bone and feet, well ribbed back, sound in top-line, she moved out effortlessly.
3. Taylor’s Sh Ch. Elgert Take A Bow with Tayowen (Field Spaniel).
G1 Neilson’s Tweedspey Toppsecret avec Ponfeigh (imp FRA). Retriever (Golden). Promising and eye catching young bitch of just 13 months, most feminine head with lovely expression, dark eye, strong muzzle, good reach of neck into well laid back shoulder, straight front and good bone, liked her proportions, she couldn’t stand wrong if she had wanted to! well angulated and well muscled, she moved out effortlessly with good reach and drive, a promising future.
G2 Watson’s Sh Ch. Bordacity Honey Ryder. ESS. Previously judged.
G3 Davies’ Annaside Winter’s Moon. Spaniel (Cocker). Previously judged.
G4 Henderson’s Sametsuz Believe In Me. Irish Setter. Previously judged.
GUNDOG PUPPY GROUP
PG1 Davies’ Annaside You Are My Sunshine. Spaniel (Cocker). Previously judged.
PG2 Ponsford’s Donsudale Molly Malone. Retriever (Golden). 8 months old, feminine head and expression, good neck and shoulders, nice body proportions, just needs to tighten up all over and fill out to reach her promise, moved out well with an easy stride, presented in good coat and condition.
PG3 Smith’s Potterzuri Mister Pumbaa of Flynepyg. Retriever (Labrador). Young male of just 6 months, kind head and expression, ok for angulation, strong neck and shoulders, sound top-line, showed some good movement when settled into his stride.
AV GUNDOG VETERAN
1. Watson’s Sh Ch. Bordacity Honey Ryder. ESS. Previously judged.
2. Higginbotham/Chipperfield’s Wistaston The Black Diamond at Howlingale. Retriever (Flat Coated). Very naughty and reluctant to be assessed, 8 year old male, kind head and expression, good neck and shoulders, straight front with good bone and feet, sound body proportions, he moved out well when he settled.
3. Duncan’s Diggmere Strawberry Heart at Larhuly.