- Show Date: 07/01/2023
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Anne Bryson Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Kilmarnock & District Canine Club
KILMARNOCK & DISTRICT CANINE CLUB
MEMBERS LIMITED SHOW SATURDAY 7TH JANUARY 2023
JUDGE: MISS ANNE BRYSON (INUKSHUK)
With sincerest thanks to the Committee, Stewards and Exhibitors for such an enjoyable appointment. The large rings were absolutely super, so important to properly gait and assess larger dogs for whom breed specific movement is crucial. All dogs today demonstrated super temperaments. A few nails could do with trimming, not just for aesthetics but because allowing nails to grow too long can distort the shape of the foot, limb positioning and perceived angulation as was the case with a couple. Only one pastoral exhibitor had to be reminded it was unacceptable to tell the judge of past wins; I'm not intimidated let alone influenced by such information!
G1 Young's LOMONDANE DINNAE BOTHER Great Dane
G2 Cairns's LAMARG THE RUSSIAN PRINCESS Dobermann
G3 Thomson's ASHRONSHA DREAM AWAY AT LATCHKEY JW Boxer
G4 Topping's STAIRVALE GRACE VON ROTTSWORTH Rottweiler
AV Import Reg. Working - Open (0)
Great Dane - Open (4, 1)
1. Young's LOMONDANE DINNAE BOTHER Almost 3 yr old fawn male who impressed from the get go. Super head of correct proportions and planes. Face chiselled and well filled in below eyes, eyes dark, ears folded forwards, correct scissor bite. Correct proportions, big flat bone, and solid muscling throughout. Neck long and well arched. Good forechest, deep brisket reaching elbow, ribs well sprung. Slight arch over strong loin. Good long and well developed second thigh. Cat-like feet with well arched toes. Effortless and elegant ground covering gait. BOB and G1.
2. Ferguson's ELITEDAIMOS MAGICK MAGO AT CHATEAUDAINE 17 month old blue male, good head, correct overall proportions, flat bone. I'd expect his chest to develop more with age. Ribs well sprung, belly well drawn up and excellent croup. Good angulation front and rear, good turn of stifle. Will benefit from more muscling as he matures but nevertheless he impressed on the move, lithe and springy covering the ground smoothly and winning him his place.
3. Martin's KEISHANT ARIA
Bullmastiff - Open (0)
Rottweiler - Open (1)
1. Topping's STAIRVALE GRACE VON ROTTSWORTH 10 month old, very sweet puppy bitch with an expression to melt. Broad head, muzzle short, demonstrating correct 2:3 ratio. Correct pendant ears lying flat and close to cheek. Dark brown eyes, medium sized and almond shaped. Spot over each eye, clearly defined markings throughout. Good overall proportions but would not wish any longer. Neck free from throatiness. Good depth of chest, well sprung ribs. Short steep upper arm, good layback of shoulder. Slight slope to pasterns. Back straight, loins deep and flanks not tucked up. Croup and tailset good. Good rear angulation, stifle well bent. Pads should harden with age, but one who would benefit from trimming those toenails as the feet are being splayed and appearing wider than they ought as a result, especially at the front. Very loose on movement overall but this should come as she muscles up and matures. Crabbing on the out and back, but again to be forgiven at this age and should hopefully settle with maturity and training. BOB and G4, AV Working Special Puppy
Dobermann - Open (2, 1)
1. Cairns's LAMARG THE RUSSIAN PRINCESS 3 yr old attractive and sound bitch of good proportions, square in outline, ribs well sprung and extending to elbow. Correct round bone. Head very nice, typical elongated blunt wedge. Dark brown almond shaped eyes. Teeth more level than scissor. Neck fairly long and lean, no loose skin. Strong straight topline demonstrating slight slope withers to croup. Good slope to croup and correct tuck-up. Correct tailset and carriage. Rear angulation good with well bent stifle, front OK but not achieving desired 90 degrees. Nails longer than desirable affecting the shape of the foot on the weightbearing stand, foot shape is otherwise correct. Lovely coat with rust red markings where desired. A well muscled girl who moved satisfactorily. BOB and G2
Newfoundland - Open (1,1)
AV Working N.S.C - Junior (1)
1. Thomson's ASHRONSHA DREAM AWAY AT LATCHKEY JW Boxer 14 month old brindle and white bitch with a super glossy coat, smooth and tight to body. Lively alert expression, round dark brown eyes, dark rims with good pigmentation but showing slight haw. Lovely earset and carriage. Distinct stop. Would prefer a bit more length to muzzle but good width and depth. Nose broad, slightly turned up. Undershot jaw, curving slightly upward. Neck round and of ample length and muscling. Good square profile, good depth and width of chest for age. Well arched ribs. Back short, straight, slightly sloping, slight slope to broad croup as desired. Good taut tuck up blending well into curve to rear. Feet small and cat-like, well arched toes and hard pads. To be picky, a little under angulated in the front but correct slope to pasterns, and a little over angulated in the rear with pasterns appearing weak on the out and back, but with age and more muscling I would expect this to improve. She gave her handler a hard time on the move, but displaying throughout such a fearless and lively temperament. Loved her. Best AVNSC and G3
AV Working N.S.C - Graduate (1)
1. Lee's GLENGRACIE SUMMER NIGHTS AT BONNACHNAOMH St Bernard 19 month old bitch in good coat. Good broad skull, slightly rounded with prominent brow. Stop well defined. Correct short muzzle, full in front of eye and square at nose end. Cheeks flat with good depth from dark eyes to lower jaw. Ears of medium size and lying close to cheeks. Needs more work to be able to show teeth - having a lot of fun and very affectionate. Thick neck, broad level back and croup sloping slightly to set on of tail. Well rounded ribs but chest extending below elbows. Shoulders broad with good slope. Moderate bend of stifle to rear but hocks turning out, and along with pasterns appearing weak on the move especially. Large compact feet but another that needs some nailcare. Good overall proportions but to get more out of this lovely young lady she needs to muscle up more, and get some more ringcraft training in.
AV Working N.S.C - Open (2, 1)
1. Lee's GLENGRACIE SUMMER NIGHTS AT BONNACHNAOMH St Bernard - as above AVNSC Graduate
AV Working Special Puppy (2, 1)
1. Topping's STAIRVALE GRACE VON ROTTSWORTH - Rottweiler - as above Rottweiler Open
AV Working Special Veteran (0)
G1 Goodbrand's BRAESNOBEL RUM N'RAISON Bearded Collie (Reserve Best in Show)
G2 Stewart's SUNLIONS REKORTMEN Anatolian Shepherd Dog
G3 Mccoll's UNITA MENTALE ERNESTO IMP (NBT) RAF Welsh Corgi (Pembroke)
G4 Clark Kerr's UFFSPRING UNIQUELY MAYD FOR WHITECRAIGS Collie (Rough)
AV Import Reg. - Open (0)
Collie (Rough) - Open (3)
All dogs were in super coat demonstrating correct texture and feathering.
1. Clark Kerr's UFFSPRING UNIQUELY MAYD FOR WHITECRAIGS 3 yr old tricolour bitch of friendly disposition. Super head: well blunted clean wedge of correct proportions and planes. Almond shaped, obliquely set dark brown eyes. Sweet expression. Well arched and muscular neck. Correct body proportions and round bone. Firm topline with a good length of and slight rise over loin. Excellent shoulder angulation, 90 degrees. Muscular hindlegs, sinewy below with well bent stifles and powerful hocks. Compact oval feet, arched toes, soles well padded. Won the class on her super movement, smooth light and effortless side action with powerful parallel rear movement on the out, and on the back front feet slightly close together without elbowing out. BOB and G4.
2. Gee's INGLEDENE POWERED SUGAR only just turned 1 yr old blue merle bitch. Very feminine head but muzzle a little long and would not wish any finer or stop any less. Correct earset on top of skull, demonstrating breed typical carriage on alert. Sweet expression. Correct body proportions, balanced angulation. Shoulder good but not matching 1st. Lovely compact oval feet, arched toes, soles well padded. Moved OK once settled, doing well for one so young.
3. Hobkirk's CHANTIQUE SUGAR MOON
Shetland Sheepdog - Open (3, 3)
Bearded Collie - Open (3, 2)
I'm very fond of this breed since an earlier stewarding appointment and so pleased to have had such an excellent bitch to go over today and award G1. My apologies I couldn't stay for BIS but I was thrilled to learn she took Reserve Best in Show.
1. Goodbrand's BRAESNOBEL RUM N'RAISON 17 month old slate grey bitch, with correct double coat, slight wave, not obscuring outline. Standing four square and exhibiting correct 5:4 body proportions. Good broad flat skull, head displaying super proportions throughout. Ears level with top of skull, medium size and drooping. Large square black nose, matching pigmentation to lips and eyes. Large wideset eyes, soft affectionate but enquiring expression. Neck of moderate length and nicely arched, leading to well laid back shoulders. Good depth of chest and length of ribcage. Good rear angulation, low hocks, well muscled. Oval feet well covered with hair. Absolutely sound on the move, effortless long stride, covering the ground so smoothly with her head lowered. BOB and G1
Welsh Corgi (Cardigan) - Open (0)
Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) - Open (1)
1. Mccoll's UNITA MENTALE ERNESTO IMP (NBT) RAF 8 month old dog of lovely straight coat and correct bone. Alert intelligent expression and friendly disposition. Skull is fairly wide and flat between slightly rounded medium sized ears. Correct line nose/eye/tip of ear. Brown medium sized kindly eyes. Strong jaw. Good length of neck into well laid back shoulders. Lower legs short and straight, forearm moulded around chest. Oval feet with well arched toes and pads. Chest broad and deep, ribs well sprung. Body of good medium length, level topline. Lowers head on the move with pleasing side profile. Moving a little narrow in the rear on the out and back today but nevertheless very impressive for one so young. BOB and G3, AV Pastoral Special Puppy
German Shepherd Dog - Open (2, 1)
1. Rogerson's FINLERIC LUGO 12 month old black and gold dog of super temperament. Good weather resistant coat. Correct oval bone and moderate build. Slightly longer than tall, but foreleg to chest more 50:50. Deep chest, long well formed ribs, not too broad. Neck carried nicely at 45 degrees to the horizontal on the stand. Good front angulation, shoulder blade and upper arm equal in length. Weak pasterns. Sloping topline leading to steep croup. Slight tuck up to loin. Over-angulated in the rear, not standing straight or parallel, but with weak and wobbly hocks. Good feet: rounded toes well closed and arched, pads are well cushioned and nails dark in colour. Head proportionate and masculine. Good muzzle. Fairly broad between medium sized ears. Perhaps a little in awe, but ears could be higher set. Eyes medium sized, almond shaped and giving lively intelligent expression. Lacking in muscling but only just out of puppy so hopefully will improve. Unfortunately combined with his rear end construction this really lets him down on the move. He needs more ringcraft to slow him down to a trot on a loose lead; given further opportunity to move he kept his head high and his hocks were audibly hitting off the hard flooring. On the out and back he was extremely loose all round. BOB
AV Pastoral N.S.C - Junior (2)
1. Stewart's SUNLIONS KAPLAN Anatolian Shepherd Dog 12 month old tricolour dog with super breed typical coat. Skull large and broad. Ears medium sized, triangular and carried flat to skull when relaxed. Classical slight furrow between the eyes and slight stop. Good black pigmentation to nose, lips and eyes. Brown eyes relatively small and set well apart. Neck of good length and width, muscular and slightly arched leading into well laid back shoulders. Shoulders starting to muscle up nicely. Good length of leg, elbows close to sides, pasterns slightly sloping. Correct depth of chest, ribs well sprung, level topline with slight arch over loin and good tuck up. Croup a little steep with corresponding tailset. Tail carried low with classical slight curl. Balanced rear angulation. Strong oval feet with well arched toes and short nails. Gaited beautifully, especially given young age. Straight line of head, neck and body, latent power and drive.
2. Clark's ONEDIN DE LA TERRE SAUVAGE INTO JARAZ (IMP HUN) NAF Belgian Shepherd Dog Tervueren 7 month old dog, so young and growing but lots to like. Already demonstrating typical coat. Taller than long at present. Good level topline and short loin. Slight slope to croup. Correct length of tail with tip bent slightly backwards at level of hock. Good moderate shoulder angulation, flat shoulder blades. A little straight in second thigh at present. Correct round cat-like forefeet, more oval at rear as expected. Super head of correct proportions and planes, oozing balance. Triangular ears, set high and carried upright when alert. Medium sized dark brown almond shaped eyes, giving lively and sweet expression. Moving well for one so young, brisk and light on feet although not single tracking as yet. Unlucky to come up against 1st today.
AV Pastoral N.S.C Graduate (2, 1)
1. Stewart's SUNLIONS NONOS Anatolian Shepherd Dog 22 month old tricolour bitch with correct short dense coat. Super head. Skull large, broad and flat. Foreface one third of total head length. Slight stop. Ears medium sized, triangular, rounded at tip, pendant, correctly carried. Brown almond shaped eyes, relatively small and correctly set. Good black pigmentation to nose, lips and eyes. Expression proud and intelligent. More square in profile than Junior. Neck of good length and width, muscular and slightly arched leading into well laid back and muscled shoulders. Upper arm short and steep. Forelegs set well apart, of good length and carrying good bone. Correct depth of chest, ribs well sprung, level topline and moderate croup. Good length to tail, carried high on alert with end curled over back. Has a tendency to rocking horse on the stand - would prefer more bend to stifle but stance gives appearance even straighter. Pasterns OK and strong oval feet with well arched toes and short nails. Pacing on the move today, lifting high at the front and moving close behind.
AV Pastoral N.S.C Open (2, 1)
1. Stewart's SUNLIONS REKORTMEN Anatolian Shepherd Dog, sire to AVNSC Junior winner. Almost 3 yr old dog, fawn with mask, super breed typical coat. Correct body proportions throughout, well boned. Skull large and broad. Ears medium sized, triangular, rounded beautifully at tip, and carried flat to skull when relaxed. Classical slight furrow between the eyes and slight stop. Good black pigmentation to nose, lips and eyes. Brown eyes relatively small and set well apart. Lovely arch to powerful muscular neck of moderate length. Superb shoulders, well angulated and muscled. Forelegs set wide apart, elbows close to side, pasterns strong and slightly sloping. Powerful hindquarters. Being super picky would prefer a little more turn to stifle. Feet OK with well arched toes. Chest to elbows, ribs well sprung. Lean, well muscled body. Strong level topline, slight arch over loins with good tuck up. Excellent croup and high tailset with correct length and breed specific curl to tail. Relaxed yet powerful ground covering movement with the head lowered giving the impression of stalking; stunning. Best AVNSC and G2.
AV Pastoral Special Puppy (3,1)
1.Mccoll's UNITA MENTALE ERNESTO IMP (NBT) RAF - as above, Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) Open
2. Clark's ONEDIN DE LA TERRE SAUVAGE INTO JARAZ (IMP HUN) NAF Belgian Shepherd Dog Tervueren - as above, AVNSC Junior
AV Pastoral Special Veteran (2,1)
1. Goodbrand's KILTONDALE ISN'T SHE LOVELY FOR BRAESNOBEL Bearded Collie 7 yr old slate grey and white bitch in lovely coat. Super head of correct proportions and a soft, keen enquiring expression that just melts. Neck of moderate length and slightly arched, leading into well laid back shoulders. Good length of leg, straight with good bone. Pasterns good. Ribs well sprung and of good length. Strong topline and correct slope to croup, tail set low and carried correctly. Good low hocks. Moved fluidly in the side profile, covering the ground well with head lowered. Just moving a little narr