- Show Date: 21/01/2023
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Sjoerd Jobse Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Manchester Dog Show Society
Manchester Championship Show, 21st January 2023.
Judge Sjoerd Jobse, breed Weimaraners.
First of all I would like to thanks the Manchester Dog Show Society for this honourable invitation to come and judge at their show again. This time it was my pleasure to judge a lovely entry of 97 Weimaraners. I really enjoyed my day and the atmosphere in and around the ring was very pleasant and the exhibitors took my decisions sportingly. It seemed to become a family affair during the day. By BOB and BOS where from the same kennel and I think more dogs were related in one way or the other, so it feels like writing a kennel review. The RDCC was the father of my BOB and the RBCC was daughter of my BOB and BOS. The best part of the day was that the winner of the BCC became the kennel Gunalts 100th UK Sh Ch, so huge congratulations to the breeders Patsy & Stephen Hollings for this amazing milestone.
1. Charlish´ Harelferg Wise, probably the youngest boy in the class but he was so well put together and had no difficulties to compete with the older ones. Very elegant throughout, nice masculine head with kind expression, excellent earset and a marked occiput, clean neck and solid topline when standing, good frontassembly, a bit generous in his hindquarters on the day. Very good body and substance of his age with good length of back. Moved with good reach and drive, but still being just a baby he needs some time to settle, and time is something he will have. Lovely temperament and excellent coattexture.
2. Henderson´s Sabsky Brno at Nikostratus. Very nice well shaped head with kind expression, good length in muzzle, a touch low set ears, good neck, strong topline, balanced angulations, good depth in body with enough substance, neat feet, moved with good sidegait, still quite unsettled coming and going, very nice coat and condition.
3. Suett´s Silberliss Peckham Pouncer
1. Suett´s Silberliss Peckham Pouncer, the 2nd time I saw this young fellow during the day, since he was 3rd in the MPD class. Well shaped masculine head, good expression and correct earset, correct neck and topline, straight in frontangulations, good hindquarters, moved with good sidegait but just needs more confidence in the ring to give the best performance, very good coattexture.
2. Hartley & Myers´ Glasarian Rusett for Astrazone, well balanced male with lovely clean head and kind expression, correct earset, strong muzzle, enough length of neck, good topline and tailset, a bit upright in shoulder resulting in a limited reach in front on the move, generous hindquarters, good depth in body with correct spring of rib, excellent bone and feet. Moved with good outline and solid topline but on the day rather unsettled coming and going.
1. Ischerwood´s Gunalt Schweppes at Claeydene. Strong and powerful male with a beautiful outline. Lovely masculine head with slightly domed skull with excellent width, balanced foreface to the length of the skull, clean cheeks, fine high set ears , lovely eyes, clean neck and solid topline, just a touch short in back, correct tailset and carriage, excellent angulations ion front and the correct balanced hindquarters, lovely body and substance, he moved with lovely reach and drive and a strong and firm topline, correct headcarriage, show in lovely coat and condition, a really promising young lad with a bright future for sure.
2. Simpson´s Sireva Emeyefive JW Very elegant throughout, quite strong masculine head with a bit too short muzzle to get the correct balance between length in skull and foreface. Correct earset, intelligent expression, clean neck, strong topline and good tailset. Very well angulated in front and back with good bend of stifle. Deep in body with lovely spring of ribs, a touch long in loin, powerful mover with excellent sidegait, very nice coat and condition.
3. Braine´s Ansona Dream Big
1. White & Scougall´s Greyspirit Wait´s Over at Silverkelvin, very elegant male with a good silhouette, well-shaped masculine head of good length, a bit low earset and carriage, kind expression, good set of neck, solid topline and correct tailset, well angulated fore and aft, a bit narrow in chest and needs time to develop in front, deep body with good length, excellent bone and feet, moved out with good sidegait but needs to settle in front coming and going, excellent coat and colour, nice temperament.
2. Martin´s Deifstock Déjà vu For Teufel, very strong and powerful male, masculine head with correct length in foreface, very nice expression, a bit low earset and carriage, lovely reach of neck when standing, very well angulated both ends, deep in body and substance, strong bone and nice feet. Moved with enough reach and drive but he could do with a better headcarriage to give him a bit more athletic look and a firmer topline. Rather darkgrey in coat and correct texture.
3. Braine´s Ansona Dream Big
1. Hartley & Myers´Gaynor Silberliss Excalibur For Astrazone, very strong and powerful male that could do with a bit more elegance, masculine head with kind expression, balanced proportions between skull and muzzle, clean neck and good length of topline, very good frontangulation, good hindquarters, quite exaggerated in forechest, deep in body with
2. Braine´s Ansona Dream Big, this is the 3rd time I have seen this dog during the day, rather exaggerated in type for me, nice head and expression, good length of neck, strong topline, correct tailset, well angulated in front and good hindquarters, rather exaggerated in forechest, deep body, long in loin, moved ok from the side, but needs to be more powerful and settled coming and going, rather dark grey in coat of good texture.
1. Hunter´s Braell Dragonfly, this was the most difficult and biggest class on the day, all types were represented. The winner was this male with an excellent outline and proportions. Well shaped masculine head with keen expression, correct length in muzzle, a bit short in under jaw, excellent moderate stop, correct earset, racy outline with a clean neck set into a strong and solid topline, good forehand angulation, rather rich in his forechest, good depth in body, excellent short couplings, well angulated hindquarters, strong bone and feet, moved with great reach and drive and held a firm topline with correct tailset and carriage, very good coat. When reading the catalogue, I understood his sister was the winner of the limit bitch class which was nice to learn.
2. Hawkins & Hawkins Smilet Fernando JW, very strong and powerful male, beautiful head and expression, well set ears, well chiselled under the eyes, correct length in muzzle, good length of neck, solid and firm topline with correct tailset, rather heavy in body, good spring of rib, excellent length in back, short coupled, balanced angulations, powerful mover with excellent sidegait, just preferred a bit racier outline on him.
3. Snaith´s Skilaki Move On Up to Bifonda JW
1. Alcorn & Ingram´s Sh Ch Gunalt Hendricks – Where to start, my notes say WOW, that´s it. When reading the breedstandard it says power, stamina and balance. In my opinion they can complement that text with this dog’s name. He ticked all the boxes I aim for in a Weimaraner. His overall balance and type to start with made him stand out. He has the most beautiful aristocratic head with clean cuts and beautifully sculptured, lovely keen amber eyed expression, excellent earset and strong and powerful muzzle. A clean and reachy neck set into textbook front assembly. Excellent length of back and short and firm couplings, powerful hindquarters with super muscletone. Deep, well-developed chest with well sprung ribs of good length, good bone and firm and compact feet. His movement gave me the chills, the moment he set off he performed so well and gave a wonderful smooth co-ordinated and ground covering movement with the breedtypical strong and level topline. His handler piloted him with such ease and really showed him to perfection in the best coat and condition. I had no doubts to award him the CC and BOB and at the end of the day he won the Gundog Group under the famous Gundog profile Moray Armstrong.
2. Rayner & Maskell´s Sh Ch Kalimor Accolade to Raystan JW, very nice quality male, good size, rather heavy in his general appearance, well-shaped masculine head with clean cuts and good balance in foreface and length of skull, correct earset, clean neck, strong topline, excellent tailset and carriage, well angulated both ends, deep in body, rather rich in forechest, excellent length in ribcage, short coupled, powerful mover with nice style and carriage, just would like a bit more racy outline for the style I like.
3. Maclaine & Dickson´s Greyspirit Rock Star from Hantzburg JW
1. Crowther´s Sh Ch Hundwith McLaren – A beautiful silver grey veteran in immaculate condition. Very stylish throughout and with clean lines. Lovely head with moderate stop and a powerful jaw. Aristocratic and intelligent expression, well set neck and firm topline which he kept on the move as well. Very balanced angulations fore and aft, deep body with excellent substance, slightly sloping croup with correct tailset and carriage. His movement made him stand out in the line up for the challenge, so effortless, parallel and keeping that correct outline. A veteran in tiptop condition which is a credit to the owner, and I didn’t have to think hard to award him the RCC after given his son the ticket. He also became my Best Veteran
2. Rayner & Maskell´s Sh Ch Gunalt Academy of Raystans JW Sh CM, lovely classy male, excellent size and proportion, well-shaped masculine hear, keen expressions, a bit heavy cheeks, excellent length in muzzle, correct earset, well set clean neck, solid topline, very well angulated fore and aft, deep in body, correct length in back and short coupled, lovely tailset and carriage, powerful mover with excellent long stride, could just be a touch more parallel in his hindaction, lovely coat and condition.
3. Perez´ Sh Ch Gunalt By Ek at Soncaro (ai)
1. White & Scougall´s Greyspirit Wait´s Over at Silverkelvin
2. Richardson´s Cheyenn Makeeta, longhaired male, very short and compact in his appearance, well-shaped masculine head, good earset with kind expression, enough neck, good topline, ok tailset but high carriage on the move which disturbed the outline a bit, well angulated, good body and substance, very short coupled, lovely coat with good length and well furnished, moved with adequate reach and drive.
3. Levitt-Smillie´s Silberliss Secret Squirel
1. Hesford & Campbell´s Pipwell Penny Lane, lovely young girl of excellent type, very well outline, beautiful well chiselled head with keen expression, excellent muzzle, correct earset, clean neck and solid topline, well set tail, lovely angulations both ends, deep in body with lots of substance for her age, strong loin, moved with good sidegait, still needs to settle a bit coming and going, very good coat and texture.
2. Phillips´Time to Play Clementine Rivertone (Imp Fr), Very elegant bitch with a nice balanced outline, lovely well shaped head with correct proportions, clean cheeks, correct set of neck, good back and tailset and carriage, balanced angulations fore and aft, deep in body, a bit short in sternum, lovely bone and neat feet, moves with good reach and drive and outgoing temperament.
3. White & Scougall´s Silverkelvin Callisto
1. Crowther´s Hundwith Step In Thyme, stunning puppy of excellent type, gorgeous head with well set ears, lovely intelligent expression, well chiselled under the eyes, smooth cheeks, well filled muzzle and underjaw, reachy neck flowing into solid topline and correct tailset, good forehand angulation, excellent bend of stifle, excellent depth in body for her age and correct length of ribs, moves with good stride and reach in front, still a bit lose coming and going, but that is not so surprising due to her age, she has a lots of excellent features going on for her and I predict her a rosy future, lovely grey coat of correct texture. She was my Best Puppy
2. Suett´s Silberliss Saucy Mare, well made puppy with lovely feminine head with bright and alert expression, well set ears, excellent muzzle, lovely neck and solid topline, correct tailset and carriage, well angulated fore and aft, deep in body with good spring of ribs, a touch long in loin, lovely bone and neat feet, moved with good reach in front, just a bit close in hindaction, at the moment she was changing her coat giving her somewhat different shades of grey colour, lovely temperament.
3. White & Scougall´s Silverkelvin Callisto
1. Tierney´s Gunalt Elderflower at Greyfurs TAF, fantastic junior of excellent type and shape, super outline and so well balanced throughout, gorgeous head and expression, slightly domed skull with moderate stop, keen expression, well chiselled under the eyes giving her that extra quality in type, reachy neck and firm topline which she also held on the move, well set and carried tail, balanced angulations, deep in body with correct length and spring of rib, short coupled, strong bone and neat feet, she moved out with long stride and parallel in front and rear, lovely grey coat with excellent texture, she will have a very bright future ahead of her and she was in my mind for the top honours but met some other amazing bitches on the day, but I am sure the time will come very soon and looking forward to see her name when getting the top honours in the future.
2. Morris & Randall´s Kalimor Dottie JW lovely type, well balanced, feminine head with nice expression and correct earset, clean neck flowing into a solid topline, well set tail, lovely frontassembly, enough hindquarters, good depth in body with correct spring of rib, just like to see her a touch longer in body for the perfect balance, lovely bone and feet, moved with good reach in front, could do with a bit more power and stride in her hindaction, super coat and condition.
3. Cain´s Schonhund Show Mia Star at Lustmusk
1. Maskell Rayner´s Enjager Harmony with Brownbank JW, Feminine bitch, well-shaped head with intelligent expression, moderate stop, clean cut head, good length of neck, correct length in back, balanced angulations, deep in body with excellent substance, a touch high over the loin on the stack but she corrected that when moving out with a firm topline, lovely coat and condition.
2. Rockstro´s Silvermews Celinka, smaller sized bitch with nice head and expression, a bit low set ears, strong muzzle of good length, correct neck and topline, excellent forechest with good front angulation, very good hindquarters, deep in body with correct length and spring of rib, economical movement with lovely carriage, good coattexture.
3. Pilatova´s Sabsky Svratka JW
1. West´s Gunalt Wavelength – What a stunning bitch, she took my eye as soon as the owner just walked into the ring to get her lined up, so sound and so balanced in her overall appearance. Elegant and feminine head with lovely intelligent expression, slightly domed skull with well marked occiput, moderate stop, excellent balance in skull and foreface, well set ears. Lovely clean reachy neck flowing into excellent whithers, good length of back and excellent tailset and carriage, balanced angulations, deep in body with plenty of heartroom and good length in ribcage, strong loin, lovely bone and neat feet. Her balanced construction results in an expect amazing movement, she just flew around the ring with excellent reach and drive, powerful and parallel in front and rear, lovely coat and condition. In the bitch challenge, she met several lovely winners and also her mother, who received the ticket on the day, but without an hesitation I awarded this girl the RCC and I am sure this is a name we will hear many more times in the future since she is something unique and up and coming.
2. Brown & Davies´ Wystry One Mint Julep, Rather elegant bitch, very feminine head with correct length in skull and muzzle, moderate stop, just a touch protruding eyes that didn’t give her that aristocratic expression I was looking for. Good length of neck and firm back of good length, well angulated fore and aft, a bit light in bone, very good body and substance with correct length and spring of rib, moved with powerful reach and drive, excellent coattexture.
3. Murray´s Mabanika Just Good Friends
1. Sayer & Wallwork´s Braefell Bumblebee, a large class which was not easy to judge since lots of types with represented, just like in the limit dog class. Interestingly I found my winner in the sister of my limit dog winner. Lovely outline and style with correct proportions, very nice feminine head with correct slightly domed skull and moderate stop with warm amber eyes giving her a nice expression, correct length in muzzle, reachy neck and good length of back, correct tailset, lovely frontassembly, correct hindquarters, excellent depth in body with good spring of rib, short couplings, strong bone and neat feet, moved with excellent reach in front, could do with a bit more stride and powerful hindaction, fantastic coat and condition.
2. Burgess´ Kalimor Olive for Nemrac JW, up to size bitch, well-shaped head with keen expression, clean cut head correct earset, good length of neck, strong back and well set tail and carriage, balanced angulations, very good body and substance, a touch long in loin, nice bone and feet, moved with good reach and drive, nice coat and condition.
3. Dobbs´ Oakswarren Ice Maiden
1. Isherwood & Haseley´s Gunalt Articulate at Greyfurs, beautiful well made mature bitch, fantastic feminine head with lovely amber eyes give me an intelligent and aristocratic look. That expression captured my interest in her since she looked majestic and full of mischief at the same time. She really gave her handler a hard task during the day to get her stacked in the best way, but since I personally love to look at the dogs on the move it didn’t bother me at all, I like dogs with a mind of their own. Well set ears and a clean cut well sculptured head really made her special. Excellent reachy neck and good length of back, correct tailset and carriage, balanced angulations fore and aft without any exaggeration which the standard asks for, lovely length in body supported by well sprung ribs, lovely bone and neat feet, it was on the move all her excellent features fell into place in an expected ground covering effortless movement with correct style and attitude On the day she maybe didn’t carry the best of coats, but on the other hand I usually say, coat comes and goes, construction and type stays. She was my ultimate CC winner and I learned afterwards this was her crowning one, giving kennel Gunalt their 100th Sh Ch, huge congrats again to this achievement. She was also the mother of my RBCC and Junior Dog and Bitch class winners.
2. Hostler´s Kalimor Daisy JW, another lovely girl who was unfortunate to meet the winner of this class on the day, lovely feminine head, beautiful balance between skull and length of muzzle, correct eyes and expression, lovely neck flowing into clean shoulders, solid topline with excellent tailset, textbook frontassembly, correct hindquarters, lovely deep and long body with well sprung ribs, short couplings, strong bone and feet, moved with great power and reach in front, just preferred a bit more stride behind, glamourous coat and condition.
3. Phillips´ Rivertone Head Above Water
1. Tatum & Powell´s Welguist Amy, very nice veteran with lovely size and proportions, lovely feminine head with correct stop and length in muzzle, excellent earset, good neck and topline with the correct tailset and carriage, adequate frontassembly, well angulated hindquarters, good depth in body with good length, short coupled, powerful bone, moved effortless around the ring, a veteran in lovely condition which is a credit to her owner, lovely coat with correct texture.
2. Crowther´s Sh Ch Hundwith Giggle, really nice veteran of excellent type, beautiful head and aristocratic expression, excellent stop and length in muzzle, well chiselled under the eyes, clean reachy neck flowing into a good long back, a bit too sloping croup, lovely frontassembly, generous hindquarters, good depth in body with correct length, strong in loin, beautiful silver grey coloured coat, moved with excellent reach in front and drive behind, just preferred she held her topline a bit firmer all the way to her croup.
3. 3. Martin´s Teufel Devil in Disguise JW
1. Rockstro´s Silvermews Celinka, Best Special Beginners Winner
2. Cain´s Schonhund Show Mia Star at Lustmusk, good sized bitch, ultrafeminine head, a bit narrow in skull, good length in muzzle, nice expression, correct earset, good neck and topline, a bit straight in frontangulation, excellent hindquarters, good body and substance, nice bone and feet, moved with good drive and enough reach in front, very nice coat.
3. White & Scougall´s Silverkelvin Callisto