- Show Date: 01/05/2023
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Simon Luxmoore Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Afghan Hound Association
AFGHAN HOUND ASSOCIATION CH SHOW
01 MAY 23
SPECIAL AWARD CLASSES
Special Award PD/B
1. Scott’s Altside Hot Shot at Arushkhan. A very nice bitch who I have had the pleasure seeing previously, feminine head and expression, nice underjaw, well set eyes, balanced angulation, good overall construction, strong top-line, excellent reach and drive on the move and a good prospect.
2. Holder’s Zendushkas Rolling Stone at Farakushk. A nice young male who proved a challenge for the handler on the day but lovely masculine head, good expression, good reach of neck, well angulated front and rear but will need a good deal of practise if he is to realise his excellent potential.
3. Sharp’s Affyneeta Rhapsody In Blue.
Special Award PGD/B
1. Tanner/Link’s Rhajikhan Athena of Aleyazar. 2½ year old bitch, won the class on her superior angulation combined with her reach and drive on the move, would prefer a little more underjaw but well balanced, good top-line and absolutely sound on the out and back.
2. Finch/Hopper’s Sitana Lal Toofan at Zinzani. Nice 5 year old, good head and expression, well balanced, good angulation, easy ground covering gait, not quite the spring and rise on the move of 1 but impressive on the move nevertheless.
3. Hills/Thornton’s Absolute Afghans Djibouti at Karnak JW (imp NOR).
Special Award OD/B
1. O’Donnell’s Ch. Drishaun Faith Is Like A Lily for Javidan JW. Preferred the overall balance and movement of 1 on the day, whilst I would prefer a little more underjaw for this very nice bitch, she moved with balance and drive and was absolutely parallel on the out and back, well handled and presented.
2. Anderson’s Ch. Zandahar Tartan Xplorer JW. Very impressive on the stand, lovely masculine head and expression, strong top-line, apparently good angulation but he found the restriction of the ring indoors hard to handle and was unable to move in a manner in which I am sure he is capable.