- Show Date: 10/09/2023
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Paul Lawless Contact Judge
- Published Date: 20/09/2023
Richmond Dog Show Society
Richmond Championship Dog Show 2023
Many thanks to the Border Collie exhibitors for the friendly atmosphere at ringside, the nice entry and the quality of dogs exhibited under me today.
Veteran Dog (4)
1. Shahmatova’s, Sh Ch Nashdom Putting on the Ritz, 7 years old, smart boy in excellent coat and condition and perfectly handled. He presents a lovely outline, a nicely balanced head of good proportions and he has a very nice eye and expression. He has a good reach of neck and it flows nicely into an excellent topline. Angulations are balanced front and rear and he has good bone and feet. Excellent typical movement. Best Veteran Dog.
2. Barton’s, Brytess Achilles, 8 years old of good size, nicely made male presented in tip top condition. Lovely eye and expression, good bone and feet, tends to roach his back at times in stance, but is nicely balanced on the move. Presented in good coat and condition.
3. Green & Ratcliffe’s, Sh Ch Fayken I Am Legend.
Minor Puppy Dog (4)
1. Tunnicliff’s, Littlehorn Ioniq, 6 months old, overall pleasing type, still quite a baby. Pleasing head, nice reach of neck, handler just needs to be careful with his topline at times. He is really true coming and going, which is great for this age and he has a very nicely balanced side gait. Best Puppy Dog.
2. Woodrow & Oliver’s, Tambuzi Ride The Storm, 7 months old, nicely put together smart looking puppy, very nice type, pleasing head with a lovely eye. Coat a little curly at this stage, excellent sidegait for his age, needs to improve coming and going.
3. Mead’s, Quintopia Master of Puppets.
Puppy Dog (2,1)
1. Poupard’s, Birkcross Black Raven, 10 months old and up to size for his age. He has a masculine head, nice eye and expression, lacking a little lip pigment. Good neck and topline, good bone but would prefer feet a shade tighter. Moved freely, a little high stepping in front.
Yearling Dog (1,1)
Graduate Dog (2,1)
1. Richards’, Chastanse Don Juan, 2 ½ years old, good size boy with a balanced head and a lovely eye, would prefer a slightly better muzzle line. He has a lovely reach of neck, very good topline, well angulated in the rear, he is a little straighter in front. He was ok coming and going, would like to see him more balanced in his sidegait.
Post Graduate Dog (4,2)
1. Domotori’s, Lucky For You Wesley, almost 3 years old, he is a very nice size and shape, pleasing outline. He has a medium strength head, nice eye and expression. Good reach of neck and nice flow into the topline. Angulations are balanced front and rear, he is presented in nice coat and condition. He is nicely balanced in his sidegait, would like to see him tidier in the front coming towards.
2. Tiller’s, Foxbarton Kings Knight, almost 10 years old, he has a head of good proportions, would like to see a better eye shape. He has a nice reach of neck, topline is ok, good bone. He has excellent temperament, moves a little close behind and could be more balanced in his sidegait.
Limit Dog (5,1)
1. Oliver’s, Simmovon Shockwave at Tambuzi, very smart 2 year old, he was beautifully presented and handled and showed a very pleasing outline. He has a balanced head with a medium dark eye and a nice expression. He has a nice flow from the neck into an excellent topline and good croup. He has good bone and nice tight feet, good strength to his rear quarters, balanced angulations and his sidegait was effortless. His performance improved as the day went on and in the challenge he could not be denied the Dog CC.
2. Murfet’s, Tambuzi Stryke of Faith, 3 years old, another smart male, loved the connection he has with handler and he was beautifully handled. He has a very pleasing head, I would prefer a slightly darker eye. Lovely reach of neck, at times his topline could have been a little better. Excellent bone and feet, moves well in side gait, would like him tidier coming and going.
3. Hartfield’s, Moshanta May Contain Nuts.
Open Dog (6)
1. Austin & Zolakova’s, Sh Ch Huntly Forged in Steel for Hysteps, 2 years old stylish male who was very nicely handled. He has a lot of substance, lovely size and shape, balanced head with a lovely eye and expression. Excellent reach of neck, super topline. Strong bone and nice tight feet, good chest, angulations are excellent front and rear, in lovely coat and condition and his movement was effortless. Unfortunately in the challenge he did not keep it together and stood poorly in the front, so had to settle for the Reserve Dog CC today.
2. Green & Ratcliffe’s, Sh Ch Fayken Truth or Dare with Arrodare, almost 5 years old, very pleasing type, beautifully balanced at all times. Lovely outline, he has a balanced head with a medium dark eye, nice flow from neck into topline, good angulation and strength in the rear . Correct bone and nice tight feet, balanced on the move at all times, very well presented and handled.
3. Akester & Wiltshire’s, Sh Ch Thwaitlake Buzzman.
Special Beginners Dog (3,1)
1. Domotori’s, Lucky For You Wesley.
2. Poupard’s, Birkcross Black Raven.
Veteran Bitch (2,1)
1. Davies’, Lesnuages Porcia, almost 9 years old and in excellent condition for her age. She is a nice size and shape. She has a feminine head, eye could be a touch darker. Nice reach of neck and good topline. She has enough bone and good feet. Could hold a slightly better shape on the move and is a little proud of her tail.
Minor Puppy Bitch (6,1)
1. Hartfield’s, Crantzfold Hera at Moshanta, 8 months old and a lovely youngster with a feminine head and nice eye. She has a good reach of neck, excellent topline, good angulation front and rear and she was presented today in lovely coat and condition. A pup with a super temperament and she moved well in all directions.
2. Alison’s, Wenmap Topkapi Gem, 7 months old, very nice youngster with a balanced head, she has enough neck and a good topline. Good bone and feet, unusual marking on front leg draws the eye. She is very nice in sidegait, just needs to tidy up coming and going.
3. Oliver’s, Tambuzi The Heat Is On.
Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Davies’, Wizaland Double Exposure, 10 months old, very smart and shapely puppy. She has a nicely balanced feminine head, lovely eye and expression. She has a good reach of neck and excellent topline for her age. Good bone and nice tight feet. Good angulations front and rear, excelled on the move. She grew in confidence as the class went on and was pleased to award her Best Puppy in Breed and to hear later that she went on to win the Pastoral Puppy Group.
2. Hartfield’s, Crantzfold Hera at Moshanta.
Junior Bitch (2)
1. Austin & Zolakova’s, Hysteps My Irish Colleen, 14 months old, lovely female with a beautiful outline. Balanced head with a nice eye, good neck and excellent topline. Super bone and excellent tight feet, good angulations front and rear. She was presented in excellent coat and condition, was super coming and going and excelled in her sidegait, pleased to award her the Reserve Bitch CC.
2. Davies’, Wizaland Double Exposure.
Yearling Bitch (6,2)
1. Milham’s, Elystari This Must Be Love, 14 months old, pleasing outline, she has a balanced head, would prefer her eye a shade darker. Good neck and topline, Good bone and feet, balanced angulations. She has a very nice side gait, I would prefer her a little better coming towards.
2. Lea’s, Calareto All My Loving, 23 months old with a very nice head and a lovely eye and expression. Nice reach of neck, tends to lose topline at times in stance. Good bone and feet, moved and handled really well, just needs time to mature in the body.
3. Bartlett’s, Cwnhapus Celestial Beauty.
Novice Bitch (2)
1. Hartfield’s, Crantzhold Hera at Moshanta.
2. Johnson’s, Shemella Moonlight Gem, 4 years old, medium size, balanced head, would prefer a slightly darker eye. Would prefer a slightly better flow from the neck into the topline, she has good bone and feet, very well handled, she moved well coming and going and nicely balanced in her sidegait.
Graduate Bitch (4,1)
1. Allison’s, Zeabo Yankie Girl, 5 years old blue merle, she has a very nice outline, an attractive feminine head with a good reach of neck and an excellent topline. Angulation behind is excellent, she is a little straighter in front and this shows on the move. She is really well muscled and presented in excellent condition.
2. Milham’s, Elystari This Must Be Love.
3. Johnson’s, Shemella Moonlight Gem.
Post Graduate Bitch (3)
1. Tunnicliff’s, Thwaitlake Diamond Splash at Littlehorn, 2 years old, nice size and shape with a lovely feminine head and a very nice eye and expression. Good flow from the neck into a good topline, she has good bone and feet and she moved well.
2. Milham’s, Elystari This Must Be Love.
3. Davies’, Lesnuages Queen Bee.
Limit Bitch (8,2)
1. Angier’s, Bilyara Donatella Del Rovi Floriti, almost 4 years old, I really liked this bitch and she was beautifully handled. She presents a very pleasing outline, with a feminine head, eye could be a touch darker. Good reach of neck and excellent topline and croup. Nicely balanced in her angulations, she has good bone and feet though I would like a shade more strength to her pastern. She was lovely to watch on the move and I did consider her in the challenge, maybe like myself she carried a little too much condition today.
2. Butterworth’s, Tambuzi Over The Top, 4 years old really nicely handed and presented. She has an attractive feminine head, eye could be a shade darker. Good bone and nice tight feet, she has a nice reach of neck, just tended to lose topline at times in stance, good croup. Moved really well coming and going and balanced in her sidegait.
3. Allison’s, Kinaway A Million Dreams.
Open Bitch (8,2)
1. Green & Ratcliffe’s, Sh Ch Fayken I Am Love, 7 years old, she has a lovely outline, totally balanced. Attractive feminine head with a lovely eye and expression, excellent reach of neck, good topline and croup. She has good bone, well angulated front and rear, presented in excellent coat and condition. She was foot perfect on the move, a pleasure to watch her effortless sidegait. Pleased to award her the Bitch CC & BOB & Best Veteran in Breed. Was pleased to hear that later she went on to second in the Group and Best Veteran in Show.
2. Oliver’s, Sh Ch Tambuzi Girlz On Fire, 3 years old, a lovely female with a very pleasing outline and really well presented and handled. She has a feminine head with a nice eye, good flow from neck into an excellent topline. Well angulated behind, she has good bone and nice tight feet. Presented in excellent coat and condition and she was very nicely balanced on the move.
3. Akester & Wiltshire’s, Thwaitlake’s Everything I Am.
Special Beginners Bitch (3)
1. Lea’s, Calareto All My Loving. Best Special Beginner, delighted to hear she got third in the Special Beginners Group, well done you deserved it.
2. Johnson’s, Shemella Moonlight Gem.
3. Barton’s, Taranza Enchanted Eclipse.
Judge; Paul Lawless