- Show Date: 01/10/2023
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: FELICITY SNOOK Contact Judge
- Published Date: 30/11/2023
Fox Terrier Club Of Wales
Thank you to the officers and committee for inviting me to judge the Wire Fox Terriers without CCs as your championship show. It was good to hold the championship and Open show on the same day at the same venue. The whole event was very well run with a nice friendly atmosphere.
FOX TERRIER (WIRE)
OPEN DOG (1)
1. Wynter’s Ch Robelroy Many Dreams at Furlongfox ShCEx. A very worthy champion. Excellent in every way and presented beautifully in great condition and super coat. He showed perfect balance. Had a lovely shaped head and strong muzzle. Well-proportioned skull to foreface. Good skull shaping. Ears well set dropping forward nicely. Moderately small, round eyes. Good length of neck flowing into well laid-back shoulders. Chest deep not broad, with straight forelegs. Short level back, good depth of brisket and short coupled. Good tail set and carriage. Muscular hindquarters, well bent stifles and hocks well let down. Moved straight and freely. In the challenge I did not think he was showing as well as I have seen him and did not have that extra something to beat the bitch on the day. But he was very nice and well handled. BEST DOG & RESERVE BEST OF BREED.
VETERAN DOG (1)
1. Williams’ Alkinra Wizard. Very nice for 8 years old. Of good quality. Presented in excellent condition for his age. Very good bite and nice teeth. Good head shape may be a bit wide, nice ear set and small round eyes. Nice overall shape. Appeared longer in back. Well-muscled hindquarters for age. Not quite so much turn of stifles or hocks so let down. Moved OK for age. Good dense coat of wiry texture. RESERVE BEST DOG & BEST VETERAN IN SHOW.
LIMIT BITCH (1)
1. Williams’ Alkinra Gossip Gal. Bitch of correct size. Good shape of head with ears set well. Correct mouth and strong jaws. Nice neck flowing into shoulders. Straight front and compact, round feet. Appeared to have a longer back, which was level and strong. Muscular hindquarters with not so much turn of stifle. Good tail set. Moved well, but not easy to show, making movement hard to assess. Her coat is dense and wiry with the correct furnishings. RESERVE BEST BITCH.
OPEN BITCH (1)
1. Ford & Burton’s Selvina Isadora. What a Cracker! Just thought she was really beautiful. So well presented and handled to make the most out of her. A bitch who is a natural showman and so lovely to go over with everything flowing under my hands. So well balanced. Excellent, long head, round eyes giving intelligent expression. Perfect small, set high ears. Long lean neck going into well laid-back shoulders. Short in back and loin making her topline straight and strong. Well-muscled hindquarters. Very good turn of stifle and hocks well let down. Excellent tail set with so much behind the tail. Moved wonderfully. Straight and parallel with good drive from well flexing hindquarters. Presented in top condition. Still quite young and maturing beautifully. Pleased to have judged her and look forward to watching her progress in the show ring. She must have a great future. BEST BITCH & BEST OF BREED.
Felicity A. Snook