- Show Date: 21/05/2023
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Scottish Rottweiler Club
SCOTTISH ROTTWEILER CLUB
Many thanks to the Secretary and her Committee for the kind invitation to judge males at their Club Show. My thanks also extend to my two stewards who kept the ring running smoothly and efficiently, very friendly and I enjoyed my time with you both. I enjoyed working with my co-judge Georgina Adams (Jhava) and was delighted that we agreed on our final placings. Really touched by my beautiful gifts that have taken pride of place in my front room and they will always be a reminder of an enjoyable day. I considered the day to be an absolute privilege.
1. Dunhill-Hall’s Teigan Jedi by Fantasa. 9 months, very masculine all through, dark eye, well balanced skull with good head properties, strength in muzzle, strong neck and shoulders, good forechest, good bone and tight feet, good depth of chest and correct ribbing, nicely angulated all through with strong top-line which he held well standing and moving, presented in fit, well muscled condition, BPD & BPIS.
JD 3(0) 1. Baillie/Topping’s Rottsworth Lorenzo Von Stairvale. 15 months, strong head with keen expression, dark eye and broad skull, could be a little broader in chest but he is only young and time is on his side, good bone and feet, well marked, nicely angulated all through, could be a little firmer in top-line, all that said, he moved out well with good reach and drive and was presented in lovely coat and condition.
2. Foley’s Leon Is Rojaus Slenio. 13 months where I preferred the overall balance and movement in my 1st place, masculine but plain in head, strong muzzle, dark eye, good forechest and depth, he was well ribbed back with strong loin, not the angulation of 1st which showed in his movement.
3. Bennett’s Jantavia Rebel Rebel.
1. Greener’s Rhodilea Celtic Warrior. 20 months, balanced all through with strong head and dark eye, well set ears, keen expression, strength in muzzle, strong neck and shoulders with good forechest, straight front with good bone, pleasing angulation all through, he moved out with power, presented in excellent coat and condition.
2. Bunton’s Seittor Look of Love. Another nicely constructed male of nearly 2 years, liked his head proportions, strong muzzle and dark eye, well set ears, strong neck and shoulders, he moved out with strong reach and drive in profile although he was a little untidy going away, well presented and handled.
3. Wiedenhof’s Varenka Home Bred Hero.
1. Carmichael’s Kayshillblue Zeus of Lorayla JW. 22 months and nicely balanced on the stand, broad skull with good head properties, strong muzzle, dark eye, would have liked a slightly drier head, good forechest, strong neck and shoulders, he was nicely angulated front and rear with a sound top-line that he held well standing and moving, in excellent coat, he moved out with powerful reach and drive.
1. McClure’s Seittor Smart Cookie at Mankell. Soundly constructed male of 4 years, very masculine, dark eye, balanced skull with keen expression, firm top-line and liked his body proportions, good depth of chest, well ribbed with short, strong loin, good bone, moved out well in profile, would just like him a little cleaner in movement going away.
2. Cartwright’s Steigen Rupaul Charles. 2½ years, a sound, free moving dog who caught my eye, masculine and strong head although I preferred the head properties of 1, good neck and shoulders, straight front with good bone, pleasing depth and shape of rib, good body proportions, effortless on the move and presented in fit, well muscled condition.
3. Lawlor/Beggs’ Dubstar Chaos.
1. Grozier’s Ch. Perseus Du Temple D’Adranos (imp FRA). 3½ years, masculine all through, balanced, strong head with good ratios, strength in muzzle, ears well set, strong neck and shoulders, straight front with good bone and tight feet, ideal body proportions with strong loin, presented in well muscled and fit condition which showed in his free, powerful movement, in excellent coat, pleased to award him DCC & was delighted that my co-judge agreed for the BIS award.
2. Dunhill-Hall’s Ch. Fantasa Blu Diablo. Another nicely constructed mature male of 5 years with some lovely attributes, strong, broad head with keen expression and dark eye, good forechest, clean front with good bone and tight feet, nicely angulated front and rear with good body proportions, firm top-line which he held well standing and on the move, moved out freely with good reach and drive, in fit, well muscled condition.
3. Maltas’ Ch. Jantavia Fleetwood Mac JW.
VD 2(0) 1. Lambert’s Ch. Seittor Wild Fire JW ShCM. 8 years, a dog I have often admired, masculine head without being overdone, lovely dark eye and keen expression, correct head proportions, nicely balanced throughout with good angulation all through, sound in top-line, good depth of chest and well ribbed, he moved out with a powerful, easy gait, presented in fit, well muscled condition and in excellent coat, RDCC & BVIS.
2. Sobota’s Vitalparas American Dream at Bendrago. Another nice male of 7 years, masculine head with keen expression, would prefer a slightly cleaner front but he had good bone, not the angulation of 1st but he was well ribbed back with good body proportions, presented in good coat and condition.