- Show Date: 09/04/2022
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Cheryl Richards-Healion Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Wellingborough & District Canine Society
Wellingborough & District Canine Society Premier Open Show, April 9th 2022
I would like to thank the Officers and Committee for their invitation to judge today, a long awaited appointment which was cancelled in 2020 due to the Covid Pandemic. Thank you to all Exhibitors for a super entry, it was very much appreciated and a privilege to go over your lovely dogs. Thanks also to my 2 well organised Stewards for keeping a smoothly running ring. I really did enjoy my day.
Minor Puppy D/B (3, 3a)
Puppy D/B (3, 2a)
1. Cooper; Sylleka Shantay You Stay. 9 month old fawn/white parti bitch. Good feminine head complimented by the darkest of coal eye. Stronger in type nevertheless nicely balanced and mature for age. Good bladed bone, well knuckled neat feet. Moved ok. BPIB. Did not come forward for the best of breed challenge nor the puppy group.
Junior D/B (8, 2a)
1. Webber; Denimblue Willdo. Smart blue dog with white trim. Substantial, masculine youngster not long out of puppy class. Full up to height for me, nevertheless well constructed throughout. Excellent front assembly, shoulder, length and return of upper arm. Good depth and length of ribbing. Rear angulation mirrored his front. Moved well in profile holding a lovely topline, just a tad close behind. RBOB.
2. Le’Vell; Wizzywips Marlee Mouse. 14 month old red fawn bitch. Pretty girl of good breed type and nice for size. Moderate angulation, pleasing depth for age. Moved out effortlessly in all directions true coming and going.
3. Lipscombe; Selinko Cherise.
Post Graduate D/B (10, 3a)
1. Webber; Denimblue Willdo.
2. Thomas & Halliday; Brochinbelle Ooh La La At Bowdonia. Fawn brindle girl 18 months old. Lots to like about this youngster and unlucky to meet the winner today. Nice angles and well balanced throughout. Adequate depth and good infill, not quite the topline of 1, just feel she will have more to offer as she matures. Moved out freely and correctly in all directions.
3. Owen; Mollytop Fancy Lady.
Limit D/B (5, 2a)
1. Mycroft; Supeta’s Little Darlin’ JW. Neat fawn brindle bitch white trim of 20 months and what a ‘little darlin’ she is! Spot on for size feminine head with clean scissor bite. Bright kind eye well set complimented her lovely expression. Good straight clean front with sufficient infill. Nice angles fore and aft. Lovely smooth flowing lines my hands just glided over her, just would have preferred a tad more length and return of upper arm, good turn of stifle and hocks well let down. Presented in super condition, coat and muscle tone she stood out in the line-up. Absolutely floated around the ring so effortlessly, sound in all directions. Best mover of the day for me, a proper show girl with great ring presence handled to perfection. A class act. BOB.
2. Thomas; Bowdownia Colours Of The Wind. Brindle and white parti bitch totally different in breed type. Good front and rear angulation. Lovely depth of brisket and infill, strong through the loin. A girl full of substance. Moved out soundly with ease and drive.
3. Dimmock; Selinko Festive Prancer.
Open D/B (6, 4a)
1. Johnson; Cyangrange Serendipi Tea. Mature fawn bitch another nice for size and breed type. Good female head and expression. Well balanced, good depth of brisket. Lovely curvaceous underline which flowed into a good tuck up giving her a super shape viewed in profile. Moved out soundly in all directions.
2. Dimmock; Selinko Festive Prancer. Fawn dog white trim of 28 months. Pleasing masculine head and back skull, well set onto a neck of good length. Adequate depth of brisket and nice tuck up. Topline fell away a tad. His young handler getting the best out of him today.
Mrs Cheryl Richards-Healion (Clynecourt)