- Show Date: 05/06/2022
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
North Eastern Old English Sheepdog Club
Many thanks to the committee for their invite and warm welcome to this well organised show, pleased with the entry of 22 dogs but disappointed to have so many absentees on the day, I was very pleased with my main winners.
1. Esposito’s Keynell Keep Right On. Well presented 10 year old bitch with feminine, expressive head, dark eye and good pigment, lovely outline giving nice square picture, well sprung ribs with correct top-line and short, firm loin, she moved out well with good reach and drive, good bend of stifle and well let down hocks, shown in tidy, well prepared coat of good texture, RBB, RBIS & BVIS.
1. Millward’s Beauvallon Frost at Wilbamil. Nicely made young dog of 18 months, strong, masculine head with kind expression, dark eye, well muscled neck leading into a sound front assembly, would have preferred better pigment, good body proportions giving a lovely square outline and correct rise over loin, very sound all through with well muscled rear, he moved out straight and true, excellent muscle tone and shown in quality coat of correct texture, BD.
2. Blackwood’s Evertonian Charlie Blue. Well presented male of 15 months although preferred the proportions of 1st, masculine, expressive head with good pigment, straight forelegs, well muscled neck, fair angulation front and rear, nice depth of chest and good rib, presented in quality, clean coat but he lacked the extension of 1st on the move.
3. Gardiner’s Hazyland Future Nostalgia.
1. Millward’s Beauvallon Frost at Wilbamil. 1st in JD.
2. Dimmock’s Kerjalee His Moment Now for Sutranzo ShCM. 5 year old male with masculine head and expression, would have liked a tidier bite, well muscled all through with good depth of chest, not the outline of 1st and although he showed some sound profile movement was a little untidy going away from me.OD 3(2)
1. Bell/Aitken’s Bovaron Easy Rider with Soulbobs. Not as well presented as my previous class winner but this male of 5½ years had a strong head with kind expression, well muscled neck and sound shoulder assembly, good depth of chest and strong, well muscled rear, looked nice in outline although a little longer cast, showed some positive, profile movement and shown in good coat and sound, well muscled condition, RBD.
JB 2(1) 1. Birdsall’s Beauvallon Realms of Glory. Nicely presented bitch of 18 months who I now see was the litter sister to my BD, very feminine in head and expression, lovely square outline standing, good depth and shape to rib, well muscled neck and nicely angulated all through, good top-line and short loin, quality coat developing well, moved out easily with good extension and drive.
1. Sutherland’s Ambleoak Northern Star at Aljoh. This 2 year old bitch stood out for her proportions and femininity, balanced head and dark eye, strong neck leading into a lovely front assembly with good depth of chest, correct shape and length of rib with short loin, well muscled rear with good bend of stifle and low hocks, beautifully presented in good quality coat, unfortunately she was giving her handler a hard time today, a bitch who I think would move to better advantage given a spacious, outdoor ring.
2. Birdsall’s Beauvallon Realms of Glory.
1. Palmer’s Hazyland’s Cheeky Devil. Beautifully presented 2 year old bitch who stood out for quality and outline, strong but feminine head with good muzzle and correct bite, strong neck and excellent shoulder assembly with good layback, straight forelegs and correct bone, square in appearance with correct rise over a strong short loin and well muscled rear, moved out effortlessly with good reach and drive, in excellent, good quality coat of the correct texture, pleased to award her BB & BIS.
2. Bell/Aitken’s Shaggybo Spectacular Rival with Soulbobs. Another nicely presented bitch of 2 years old, feminine head with balanced skull, good eye and pigment, nicely angulated all through with good depth of chest and sound proportions, strong legs and good bone, in excellent coat with good texture, moved out with good reach and drive in profile but overall was uncooperative with her handler and another where she would benefit from a spacious, outdoor ring.