- Show Date: 22/04/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Vanessa Cox Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
West Of England Ladies Kennel Society
WELKS Ch show 2022 Coton De Tulear
1. Kurtz’s Valeast Bomber Boy. Just preferred his outline with his classic slight rise over loin and slightly longer in body than height. Pleasing nicely proportioned head, jet black nose pigment and dark eyes. Good front, medium neck and moderate angulations. Beautifully presented coat of good texture. Could be a touch more confident on the move, but was sound out and back. A classy boy with so much to admire. BPD & BIB.
2. Peckett’s Cotontop Peter Pan. Attractive young man with a lovely well balanced head and sweet expression and the darkest of eyes and nose pigment. Good front and rear topped off with well-presented coat which is developing well for his age. Moved out very well with a free flowing and confident action, just a touch bum high in profile at the moment and not quite the length of body of winner. I think he is a really nice, puppy with a charming temperament, and it will be interesting to see how they both develop as the show season goes on.
1. Scott’s Mopseyscoton Minti Minki. Liked his outline and thought it very typical, he is a pleasing size with a well-balanced outline. Lovely head and expression, very dark eyes and nose pigment and a good skull to muzzle ratio. Well laid shoulders, topline rises gently over loin. Nicely prepared coat and moved really well and energetically around the ring keeping a correctly held tail carriage.
2. Morgan’s Happypaws Kiss in The Dark. A balanced boy, being slightly longer body than high with the desired slight rise over the loin, built on bigger lines than the winner. Strong masculine head, round dark eyes and good nose pigment. He has a good neck with good depth of brisket, well ribbed and nicely angulated hindquarters. Shown in fit condition with a profuse coat. Moved out positively, his tail was carried slightly high on the move.
1. Murdoch’s Cukoton White Magic Jinx for Cotonalba. I liked this quality boy’s size and body length with that characteristic rise over the loin to give a pleasing and balanced outline. Masculine nicely proportioned head, good pigment and dark eyes. Good front, medium neck flowing into well laid shoulders, moderate angulations fore and aft with a low set tail. Well-presented and coat of good texture. Moved out very well with a free flowing and confident action carrying his tail correctly. BD
2. Scott’s Cotonkiss Conqueror. Another nice boy, with a pleasing nicely proportioned masculine head, excellent pigment and dark eyes. Good front, medium neck, correct topline giving well balanced outline with desired slight rise over the loin. Shown in super coat of good texture. Moved out very well with a free flowing and confident action just carrying his tail a touch high. RBD
3. Morgan’s Cotontastick Heresharley.
PB (4,2abs) lovely class of promising pups.
1. Howsam’s Cotonkiss Wotta A Girl Wants at Jandoes. Caught my eye as she entered the ring. I felt that she just had the edge in terms of maturity of body and coat. She has a pleasing breed typical outline with a good length of body to height ratio and slight rise over loin. Pretty head, well balanced with round dark eyes and really good nose pigment. Nicely presented coat. Sound and steady movement. I thought her most promising. BPB.
2. Craik’s Mopseyscoton Bubbli Bunni. Sweet baby of just 6 months, so not the maturity or finish as yet of the winner as yet but what a super type she is with plenty of time to develop. Nice neck, front and well laid shoulders, not quite the length of body of winner yet. Very pretty head, lovely dark expressive eyes and dense nose pigment. Good front, firm topline with slight rise over loin. Coat coming along well. Moved out confidently and soundly.
1. Holley’s Cukoton Kinky Boots at Valeast. Another lovely bitch who scored highly for her well balanced and classical outline. Very pretty head, nicely proportioned giving a pleasing expression with dark eyes and nose. Good neck and shoulders well ribbed with typical topline with slight rise over loin leading to low set tail. Shown in beautiful coat and condition. Close up in the challenge but she was not quite as settled on the move as the OB winner, but won RBB on her lovely breed qualities.
2. Golden’s Happypaws Kiss Me Kate. Very feminine, with a well-balanced typical head with correct skull to muzzle ratio, large round dark eyes and dense nose pigment. Good front and shoulders and correct topline with slight rise over loin, not quite the length of body as winner. Her profuse coat was well presented. Moved out confidently and energetically around the ring.
3. Cox’s Happypaws Kiss from Heaven
Entries: 3 Absentees: 2
1. Haldane’s Mi-Toi's Do I Make You Nervous at Cotonbobs (Imp USA). What a lovely girl, full of quality with a pleasing profile being slightly longer in body than high with the desired slight rise over the loin. Feminine well shaped head with the darkest of eyes and nose pigment. Medium neck, well laid shoulders, good ribbing and a low set tail carried over her back when moving. Beautifully presented full coat. It was on the move that she came into her own, parallel out and back with an easy flowing gait. Pleased to award her BB & BOB.
Vanessa Cox (Judge)