- Show Date: 10/07/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Shelagh Walton Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
East Of England Agricultural Society
East of England Championship Show
Irish Red and White Setters
10th July 2022
I really enjoyed having the opportunity to examine your dogs and I should like to thank you all for bringing them on such a hot day I felt that both dogs and handlers held up well in the heat.
Minor Puppy Dog – 1 (0)
1. Jakins’ Coolfin Murchard – This baby of just six months showed well. He is a little raw at present but time will take care of that. He has a good eye colour with kind expression. Is well made with plenty of bone and a strong neck into a level top line and correct tail set. He is inclined to throw himself about on the move.
Yearling Dog – 1 (0)
1. Jakins’ Coolfin Clancy - A lot to like about this 18 month youngster with his balanced head and kind expression. He has a good length of neck set into well laid shoulders continuing on to a firm top line with correct set of tail. Strong hind quarters. He moved OK
Graduate Dog – 1 (0)
1. Jakins’ Coolfin Clancy
Post Graduate Dog – 2 (0)
1. Mapletoft’s Roanjora Tanqueray – Presented in good order with a pleasing head and correct eye colour. Well put together with correct oval bone leading into good neat feet. I liked his reach of neck, level top line and strong hindquarters. Moved well.
Limit Dog – 3 (0)
1. Stevens & Turner’s Corranroo Clooney of Annagh – I just fell for this boy. He is not a big one but so well balanced and constructed. A lovely outline with a true Red and White head having that gentle knowing expression. I couldn’t resist it! The picture was completed by his chestnut red islands of colour and his good pigment. I liked the reach of his neck which is strong but not too long. It flowed into a firm, level top line and onto a correctly set tail. He moved very well from his strong hindquarters.. Delighted to award him the CC and later BOB. Afterwards I learned that it was his second CC. I hope the third is not too long in coming.
2. Titterton’s Spyefire Reyt Bobby Dazzler – This dog was slightly different in type to my winner but nevertheless a true Red and White. He was very well boned and well muscled up. He had a long, strong neck set into well laid back shoulders, a good top line with a correct tail set. He has a good depth and length of rib cage and strong hindquarters. Moved well . I just preferred the outline of my winner. Pleased to award him the Res. CC.
3. Taylor’s Laoirebay Monte Carlo.
Open Dog –5 (1)
1. Ward’s Sh Ch Cornadore Argyle with Copperwhite (Imp.Pol) – I liked this chap a lot, especially his head and expression, so typical of a Red and White. He was well presented with good coat and colour. A level top line just sloping at the croup as it should. He has the correct, oval bone with neat feet, a strong neck set into good shoulders. Good length and depth of rib. Moved very well.
2. Collins’ Sh Ch Romaunt Bloomin Grand at Forestpoint – A bigger dog than my winner with lovely clean lines. He has a good length and depth of rib, a kind head and expression with a good reach of neck set into well laid shoulders.. Well boned with good movement.
3. Martin’s Laoirebay Steel Blue Ocean at Shannonstyle.
Yearling Bitch – 2 (1)
1. Gardner’s Sh Ch Charnborough Charisma of Danwish – A pretty young bitch with correct ear set, eye colour and sweet expression. She has a good front with correct oval bone and neat feet. As well as a good length of rib and a firm top line. Moved well.
Post Graduate Bitch 2
1. Hodgetts Alanea Obsession of Hodgehall – A feminine bitch with pretty head and expression. She has a strong neck set into well laid shoulders and is well ribbed up with a correct top line. Moved OK.
2. Hart’s Berryessa Ballderg with Gilliegrae – A very nice bitch with an attractive head and lovely expression. Good reach of neck set into well laid shoulders. Good length and depth of rib cage. I felt she was carrying a little too much weight over the loin today. Strong hindquarters which she used on the move.
Limit Bitch – 4 (2)
1. Mcdonald’s Roanjora Rioja Cranza – Another very feminine bitch with a kind head and sweet expression. Correct ear set and good pigment. Well angulated before and aft with enough bone and a level topline. Moved well.
2. Ward’s Cornadore Bia Becomes Copperwhite (Imp Pol) – This bitch has a pleasing head with a gentle expression. A good reach of neck set into well laid shoulders and a well sprung rib cage. Just preferred the outline of my winner. Moved OK
Open Bitch 3 (1)
My notes say two lovely bitches
1. Wade’s Sh Ch. Oldstone Charlie Angel – I just loved the head and appealing expression on this girl. She is so typical of a Red and White. She has a balanced outline with just the right length of neck set into excellent shoulders. A level, firm top line with the tail coming off just right and a good depth and length of rib cage. Correct oval bone and neat feet. Moved very well. Happy to award her the CC
2. Walker’s Zendarric It’s a Kind of Magic Within Wroxham – Another lovely bitch with an attractive head and sweet expression. With a clean neck and shoulders and correct top line. A well sprung ribcage and strong hindquarters which she used on the move. Unlucky to meet my winner today. Glad to award her the Res CC
Veteran 1 (0)
1. Mcdonald’s Roanjora Montepulciano – Sweet headed bitch of 7 years. Still looking and moving like a youngster. She has a pleasing outline with a strong, slightly arched neck and a firm top line. She has a good length and depth of rib and moved well from her sturdy hind quarters.