- Show Date: 27/05/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: PENNY RANKINE-PARSONS Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Bath Canine Society
BATH CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 2021
BREED : AFFENPINSCHER
JUDGE: PENNY RANKINE-PARSONS
BEST OF BREED: CH GUEREZA KINKY BOOTS
DOG CC : VANISTICA LINDY HOP FOR FAEHAT
BITCH CC: CH GUEREZA KINKY BOOTS
RESERVE DOG CC : COUTUREABULL LORD OF DA RING
RESERVE BITCH CC : JONEVELYN ALISA BAY JW
BEST PUPPY: COUTUREABULL LORD OF DA RING
BEST VETERAN: CH ORLOCK EVERNIGHT FOR FAEHAT
Affenpinschers have the appearance of a lively, confident, rough coated small but sturdy toy breed. The majority of exhibits displayed most of the desired breed characteristics however the coats should be a concern for the breed particularly the lack of correct coat texture. I found a few exhibits with slightly stenosed nostrils which I have not seen in the breed before. There were a number of dogs with mouth faults including wry jaws and severely undershot bites. Neck length appears to be getting longer which in turn affects the typical front movement of this breed. Rear movement was better than the last time I judged with only a couple of exhibits showing very slight hind limb lameness. Exercise will improve the lack of first and second thigh muscle tone in the majority .
VETERAN DOG: 1 Abs 0.
1 Currie’s Ch. Orlock Evernight for Faehat .A sprightly 10 year old. Very pleasing expression with neat ears, correct nose and eye placement. Eyes of correct shape and size. Good finish to muzzle and chin which enhanced his expression. Straight front, neat elbows.. Soundly constructed throughout with good body shape, correct topline, and tail carriage, moved well around the ring, well handled and presented in excellent condition. BV.
MINOR PUPPY DOG: 1 Abs: 1
PUPPY DOG: 3 Abs: 0 1
1.Wildig’s Coutureabull Lord Of Da Ring. Good type He is up to size for a youngster which is added to by his full coat but is balanced and pleasing in outline. Delightful head and expression. Correct ear placement, dark well placed eyes, good nostrils blunt muzzle and excellent bite.. Correct neck length, straight front, sound pasterns ending in neat feet with dark nails. Moderate depth of chest with good spring of rib, pleasing topline and well carried tail . Good sound movement. BP, Res CC
2.Teasdale’s Tonsarne The Vagabond. Smaller type and less mature than 1. Balanced in outline with excellent head and expression. Pleasing body shape ,and soundly constructed throughout. Great tail carriage. Moved well around the ring.
3.Arnold-Stronge’s Wizabeanie I’m A Soup Dragon at Meemozett
JUNIOR DOG: 4 Abs: 1
1 Arnold-Stronge’s Wizabeanie Moff Gideon at Meemzett Balanced outline with good head properties , round dark eyes and well placed ears. Super expression and good nostrils. Sound forequarters. Enough brisket, with well sprung ribs and moderate tuck up to loin. Good tail carriage. Coat a little soft. Movement OK
2. Sheperd’s Avantgarde Zonked Out Zappa. Larger frame than 1 . Very profuse and untidy coat ,unprepared for the show ring. However coat was of good texture. Typical head properties and good expression. Moved well when settled, good tail set and carriage.
3. Wildig Miss S & Miss J Affentude Ticket To Ride
YEARLING DOG no entries.
POST GRADUATE DOG: 3 Abs 0
1. Currie’s Vanisitica Lindy Hop For Faehat. Well proportioned balanced and confident . Caught my eye as soon as he entered the ring, he is of good quality and breed type. Pleasing size with a very handsome well proportioned head, a super expression, well set ears, dark eyes, good mouth. Good nostrils. Good finish to muzzle and chin which enhanced his expression. Sound straight front, strong pasterns finishing in neat feet. Strong neck of correct shortness , well placed shoulders, moderate depth of brisket, good spring of rib. Strong topline, and rear quarters with an excellent tail carried well at all times. Typical movement for the breed. Handled to advantage. CC.
2.Gill’s Florindale’s William Waffle. Smaller size. Typical head and expression wIth dark well placed round eyes. Tail carriage on the move could be better but OK when standing
3. Sheperd’s Avantgarde Zodiac Mindwarp Naf.
LIMIT DOG 1 Abs 0
1. Shepherd’s Lil’man Special V Tani Kazari Del Avantgarde (Imp Ned) Balanced outline , with sound construction, tail set good. Expression marred by misaligned jaws consequently he was continuously showing his tongue
OPEN DOG 4 Abs 2 .
1.Faithfull and Leclercq’s Ch Jonevelyn Bowmore Darkest. Well balanced , nice size, typical head properties. Pleasing expression. Movement OK.
2. Stewart and Boulcott ‘s. Not quite the compact balance of 1. Typical masculine head properties , nostrils slightly stenosed. Movement OK. Coat too obviously groomed for me today.
VETERAN BITCH : 1 Abs 1.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH : 3 Abs 2
1.Cary’s Carycares Oh My Darling . Super head and expression with excellent eye and nose placement. Good nostrils. Sound front and rear quarters. Compact with good spring of rib and correct underline. Nice tail. Moved well.
PUPPY BITCH 4 Abs 4
JUNIOR BITCH 1
1 Shepherd’s Avantgarde Zizzlin Zillah. Lively and full of mischief. Well balanced throughout. Classic expression, good finish to lower jaw and width of muzzle ,mouth good. Soundly constructed fore and rear quarters. Neat feet. Good tail set and carriage. Moved soundly
YEARLING BITCH 2 Abs 0
1. Pirrie’s Afterglow Affenagiggle with Riogaioch. Very typy of good size and balance. Excellent head properties and a cheeky expression. Short strong neck correct shoulders,straight front, enough bone and substance for size. Shapley body with well sprung ribs and moderate depth of brisket Well set tail carried correctly both standing and on the move . Moved soundly
2. Cary’s Carycares Dinky Diva Very pleasing head and expression. Slightly longer in neck than 1. Tail set and carriage very good. Moved soundly
POST GRADUATE BITCH 3 Abs1
1. England’s Vanistica Jitterbug. Well balanced throughout. Very pleasing head and expression . Strong short neck. Good topline. Tailset and carriage good. Moved well.
2.Gill’s Florindale Wicked Wilma. Not quite the overall balance of 1. Good head proportions and typical expression. Moved Soundly
LIMIT BITCH 4 Abs 0
1.Teasdale’s Tonsarne Tootsie Tee. Smaller type but balanced and of very typical breed type. Soundly constructed both front and rear. Lovely head properties with very pleasing expression. Moved soundly.
2.Gill’s Florindale Here’s Holly. Nice size, great expression and balanced head properties. Soundly constructed throughout. Tail carried well on the move, but rather low when standing..
3. Cary’s The Dressmaker at Carycare
OPEN BITCH 3 Abs 1
1.Pirrie & McEvoy’s Ch Guereza Kinky Boots. Balanced in outline with enough bone and substance for her size. Very attractive head properties , mischievous expression and well set round dark eyes. Well turned jaw with correct bite. Compact and well ribbed Well made throughout. Short strong neck with good shoulders and straight front. Good backend and enough angulation, sound pasterns and tight feet with dark nails. Tail set and carriage typical . Well turned out with good coat. Moved soundly. CC, BOB.
2. Faithfull’s Jonevelyn Ailsa Bay JW. Balanced outline. Great head and expression with excellent mouth Good finish to lower jaw. Short strong neck and with sound front and pasterns. Tail carried well. Moved soundly. Res CC