- Show Date: 02/04/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Lynda Bromley Contact Judge
- Published Date: 09/08/2023
National Terrier Club
National Terrier Club Ch.Show - 2nd April 2022 - Dandie Dinmont Terrier
Firstly I would like to thank all the exhibitors who came with their Dandies, it is always a privilege for me to be asked to judge them. Also thanks to my brilliant stewards Brian and John. The atmosphere was a happy one and I was delighted at the overall quality of the exhibits. Grooming presentation seemed to vary between British/US/European. At the end of the day it’s what is beneath the external coat that matters, expression, construction, movement etc; so the different grooming techniques didn’t really influence me. Surprisingly, there were a few with incorrect teeth placement, including level and wry bites. On a positive note; I found it refreshing that we have so many new and younger people entering the shows. It gives me such hope for our vulnerable breed for the future.
SPD: 1.Weaving's Dentgate Silk Threads. Pepper bitch. Pretty feminine face, dark eye and lovely expression. Balanced and in proportion, correct shoulder placement producing good front movement. Moved better coming than going.
MPD: (1) Abs
PD: (2, 1Abs): 1. Karlsen's Dariant Gladiolus at Karezig. Pepper. Strong skull developing, good muzzle ratio for age. Dark eye giving the typical Dandie melting expression. Well developed rib and forechest. Crisp, double coat coming. Correct lay of shoulder giving a straight front. Well padded front feet. Moved with purpose and confidence coming and going. A promising handsome young dog. BP
JD (1) Abs
PGD (5): 1. Fox & Cox's MyDan'd Look What I Found at Puddockswell. Mustard. Dark eye, strong muzzle, large teeth with correct bite. Well laid shoulders and balanced proportions with good topline. Crisp coat. Moved soundly both ways. RDCC
2. Simpson's Dream Catcher. Pepper with handsome face and melting expression. Skull slightly smaller than 1 and Longer in body, but good angulation and balanced. Crisp pencilled coat. Moved well better coming than going.
3.Stanford's Lillibets Danny Kaye Pepper
LD (2) : 1.Milton & Kurg's Barton Dandies Charles Darnay . Handsome Mustard dog with strong head and muzzle. Strong teeth, correct scissor bite. Dark eye with melting expression. Fine ears, strong neck and shoulder placement leading to correct front. Well ribbed, flowing topline. Angulated stifles and let down hocks. Good bone throughout. Pencilled coat. A bit playful on the day, but moved with purpose and drive when he concentrated.A balanced picture. DCC
2. Poole's Hawkesmill Merlon .Mustard boy with well domed head smaller than 1. Dark eye, correct dentition, good ear placement, nice depth of muzzle. Deep forechest, Well ribbed. Longer than 1 in body but balanced. Coat ok. Topline not as shapely as 1 on the move.
OD.(4,1a):1. France's Int Ch. Back To My Roots at Luna Caprese with Torbrae. Attractive masculine Pepper dog. Strong Head, dark eye, good depth of muzzle, large teeth with correct scissor bite. Crisp pencilled coat. Well ribbed, balanced with good angulation. Kept his topline on the move and strode out well.
2. Fox's Puddockswell Hoodwink. Slightly smaller Pepper dog than 1. Head not as strong as 1. Melting expression with a lovely dark eye. Fine ears. Good pencilled coat. Well laid shoulders, arch over loins not as pronounced as 1 so topline flattened a bit. Moved okay.
3.Harcourt-Morris's Dainty Dandies River Mersey at Lenacourt
VD (1): 1. Atkinson's Berdinbrook Golden Fleece. 12 year old Pepper dog. Looking good for his age. Dark eye with melting expression. Fine ears. Smaller overall than some with less developed skull, but balanced throughout. A little straight in stifle which affected his overall back movement.
MPB (1): 1. Bell's Cofgodas Beurre D'Avalon. Mustard. Pretty feminine bitch puppy with gorgeous expression. Lovely domed head. Dark eye and good ear placement. Correct scissor bite. A tidy front although a little upright in shoulder. Nicely rounded ribs. Good rear angulation. Pencilled jacket coming. Quite immature as yet but very promising. Moved well round the ring with good rear propulsion.
PB (1) 1.Bell's Reidswire Flower Of Yarrow . Another promising Pepper puppy. Head yet to develop, so muzzle proportions to head not there yet. Good teeth. Fine ears. Strong quarters, stifles and hocks need to muscle up a bit as she develops. Good length and topline giving a balanced picture. Crisp pencilled coat. Moved ok.
JB (4): 1.Buckley's Jollygaze Quizzical for Lovelettie. Pepper. Beautiful head and expression. Correct scissor bite. Good ear placement. Sound shoulder placement, body all in proportion. Still a bit leggy as juniors are. Topline yet to come into its own as chest drops. Well ribbed. Lovely pencilled coat. Moved well with drive coming and going.
2.Fray's Woodfud Winters Dream. Pepper. Slightly larger than 1. Strong head, dark eye, correct teeth. Crisp pencilled coat. Well muscled and promising youngster. Balanced overall. Moved well but 1 had the edge.
3. Turner-Tarr's Redgreet Mary Buttercup
PGB (6, 1abs): 1. McGuinness's Diamondandie Blue Sapphire. Pretty feminine golden Mustard. Lovely melting expression dark eye, muzzle ratio to skull good, thin leathers. Scissor bite. Finer boned than some but balanced throughout. Shoulder placement assembly correct then downward curve and arch over the loin. Moved well with drive.
2. Roberts's Power Of Love De Cynoeole at Marbledale. Slightly larger Pepper who had a
strong skull and muzzle. Dark eye, good teeth. Strong neck. Well padded feet. Pencilled coat. Front assembly better than the rear which lacked in angulation. Movement was better coming than going.
3.Stanford & Pointer's Dame Vera Ellen
LB (8, 1abs): 1. Sleight's Danchester's Can You Hear Me Roar for Bonnybeck. A quality Mustard with beautiful melting expression and dark eyes. Large head, good stop and occiput. Ear placement right, strong muzzle, scissor bite. Excellent construction throughout. Correct shoulder placement leading to a tidy straight front assembly. well padded feet. Deep well sprung ribs, correct gentle rise over the loin, lovely topline. Rear well angulated, curved stifles, low hocks. Plenty of bone and substance. Crisp pencilled coat completed the picture. Good conformation that kept her flowing shape round the ring which she covered well, with purpose both ways. BCC & BOB
2. Wilson's Morawelon Cader Idris. Pepper. Melting expression from dark eyes. Well domed, large head, good stop, correct ear placement. Scissor bite. Well laid shoulders giving good front quarters. Deep forechest. Correct topline with downward curve followed by a gentle rise over the loin Well ribbed with nice tuck up, shaped stifles and let down hocks. Correct textured coat. Moved very well, but 1 was slightly better on the day. Res BCC
OB(3, 1abs): 1. France's Ch. Miss Sophie di Luna Caprese at Torbrae . A lovely Mustard presented well with a pencilled coat. Melting expression from large dark eyes. Full head, well placed fine ears. Muzzle to head ratio as it should be. Scissor Bite. Well laid shoulders. A balanced picture in excellent overall condition. She moved well with ease and confidence round the ring.
2. Allenby's Ch. Diddimont Luna Wuffgood. Mustard. Another typical feminine girl with a lovely head and expression, good teeth, correct ear placement. Straight front and well let down forechest. Crisp coat. Kept her topline on the move. She moved well with confidence round the ring. Overall No 1 just took my eye on the day, it was close.
VB (2, 1abs) 1.Atkinson's Kingcottage Abilene West at Hullpride 7 year old pepper with a melting expression and dark eye, fine ears, well set. Domed skull on the smaller side but in balance and proportion with the rest of her. Typical Dandie shape. Crisp pencilled coat. A little upright in shoulder which showed in her wider front, which was not as good as her rear movement, she had drive, and went round the ring well. BV
Judge: Mrs Lynda Bromley