- Show Date: 17/09/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Jean Singh Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Darlington Dog Show Society Ltd
DARLINGTON DOG SHOW SOCIETY CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
17 SEPTEMBER 2022
PARSON RUSSELL TERRIERS
MY THANKS TO DARLINGTON DOG SHOW SOCIETY FOR THEIR KIND INVITATION TO JUDGE PARSON RUSSELL TERRIERS. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME AWARDING CHALLENGE CERTIFICATES IN THIS BREED
MANY THANKS TO ALL EXHIBITORS FOR A SPLENDED ENTRY AND THE WAY IN WHICH MY DECISIONS WERE RECEIVED.
ALSO THANKS TO MY HARD WORKING LONE STEWARD WHO ALSO WAS ON DUTY FOR THE MANCHESTER TERRIERS WHO WERE SCHEDULED BEFORE THE PARSONS.
VETERAN DOG (1)
1. BROADBERRY – CH FOXTHORN HURON AT RATSCALLION - 8 years old, nice for size, with clean markings. He has a good bite, dark eye and balanced head. His overall condition was good with firm hindquarters. Pelt was thick and was shown in good coat.
PUPPY DOG (4)
1. BROADBERRY – RATSCALLION RICOCHET – He has a strong muzzle, good bite and well placed ears. Straight front with good bone and feet, nice rear angulation . I was able to span him, his outlook was balanced. Unfortunately short of coat today but had enough qualities to win this class. A nice puppy.
2. JOHNSTON – FOXFUR MAGICIAN – Nicely proportioned head with good ear placement, his bite was good. He was presented in good coat and was spannable. Preferred the movement of the winner.
3. HOOLEY – HOOLMARK RINGO KID
JUNIOR DOG (1)
1. HOBSON – PARTRIDGEDALE FLYNN – good for size, he was in good coat and has a thick pelt and was spannable. Pleasing in head and expression with V shaped ears, good bite and a nice dark eye. He was in hard condition with well muscled hindquarters. Movement was sound both ways.
POST GRADUATE DOG – NO ENTRIES
LIMIT DOG – (3 – 1 AB)
1. CASSON – MINDLEN HENDRICKS –He has a masculine wedge shaped head, dark eye and a correct bite. Pleasing in shoulders and a nice straight front and depth of chest. He was spannable and balanced in appearance. His coat was hard with a pliable thick pelt. His movement was positive both ways. RDCC
2. PELL – HOOLMARK RINGO STAR AT OLLIEBARK – Proportioned head with moderately broad skull, well placed ears and a good bite. Nice bone and feet, he was in good hard condition, coat and thick pelt. Hindquarters were nicely muscled, strong loin and a balanced appearance. Good rear movement, preferred the front movement of the winner.
OPEN DOG (5 – 2 AB)
1. SMITH – CH HEYTHROP TASK MASTER FOR ALNCROFT – an eyecatching dog, he has a lovely masculine head and expression, well proportioned and wedge shaped. Dark eye and nicely placed ears and correct bite. He has lovely bone and feet. His front was straight, neck was muscular and of good length. He was spannable, his loin was strong leading to well angulated hindquarters with second thigh in evidence. He was presented in first class condition, coat was of good texture with a thick pelt. His movement was true both ways . DCC & BOB
2. MCCLUSKEY – CH CHADBROOK SUNFIRE – pleasing in head and expression, correct bite, dark eyes. Nice bone and feet, straight front and was spannable. His coat was of good texture and was balanced overall. Showed well, movement not as positive as winner.
3. BROADBENT – CH MINDLEN MAGNUM AT RATSCALLION –
VETERAN BITCH (4 – 1 AB)
1. HOOLEY – CH HOOLMARK BELLE START JW – she has a feminine head with a strong muzzle and good bite. Her coat was of good texture, good for bone and straight front, overall her outline was balanced.
2. NEWPORT – DIGADEN MADE TO MEASURE – 7 years old, another nice type, body of good length, pin wire coat and was spannable. Pleasing in head with nice dark eyes, moved ok.
3. KANNAGARA – SHEROSCO CHRISTMAS ROSE
PUPPY BITCH (5 – 2 AB)
1. EVANS & BARNES – HELLVALLEY’S KISSED BY FIRE – lovely feminine head, wedge shaped with neat ears, correct bite with a strong jaw. Muscular neck leading to well laid shoulders. She was spannable and in good coat with a thick pelt. Her loin was strong and her outline was balanced. She has muscular, well angulated hindquarters. She is maturing nicely for her age. Movement was sound. RBCC
2. CASSON – HEYTHROP TOPTRICK – a raw puppy with good qualities. She was pleasing in head and expression, straight front with a moderate width between the forelegs. Her coat was good, as was her movement.
3. BROADBERRY – FAJNA DZIUNIA MYSIA ZAGLADA AT RATSCALLION NAF (IMP POL)
JUNIOR BITCH – (3)
1. SMITH – MINDLEN MONOPOLY OF ALNCROFT – smart outline, she has a strong loin with well muscled hindquarters with second thigh in evidence. Her head was nicely proportioned, correct ear placement and bite. Nice depth of chest , good shoulders and was spannable. Coat was good and pelt pliable. Movement was sound both ways.
2. YOUNG – CHADBROOK LITTLE TARGET – pleasing enough in head, neat ears. Front was straight with nice bone. She was spannable and in good condition. Not quite as balanced as the winner.
3. RIMMEE – PLUNKETT PROSECCO
POST GRADUATE BITCH (1 – 1 AB)
LIMIT BITCH - (4 – 2 AB)
1. MANSON – VIXENVIEW CHIP N PIN – feminine head, wedge shaped and a correct bite. Nice neck, front and body proportions. Moved out and showed well.
2. KANNAGARA – PARINGER SHE’S A QUEEN – she has a fairly good head, correct bite. I was able to span her, coat was of good texture, nice shoulders. Her movement was sound. Showed well.
OPEN BITCH (7)
1. DAYMAN – CH PACOLITO PHINAL EDITION - she has a nice overall balance and outline. Pleasing in head with neat ears, Bite was good and muzzle was strong. Her front was straight, good bone and feet. I was able to span her, coat was of good texture, loin was strong and nice tailset. She moved soundly and showed well. BCC
2. ROBERTS & MURRAY – MINDLEN NIC NAC AT HEYTHROP – similar to winner in many ways, she had good bone and feet, angulated hindquarters with second thigh in evidence. Her condition was good as was her coat. Just preferred the front movement of winner.
3. HOBSON – ALNCROFT ISLE SEE
MISS J SINGH