- Show Date: 10/12/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Ladies Kennel Association
Many thanks to the officers and committee of LKA, an absolute pleasure to judge at this end of year show. I was a little concerned at some of the bites, whilst a pincer bite is tolerated an undershot/wry mouth most certainly isn’t, that said I found, in the main, exhibits to be balanced with with quality, always encouraging for any breed, I was delighted to see and hear exhibitors being so friendly and supportive to each other.
1. Royle’s Royleway Houdini. 6 months old, kind head and expression, would prefer a straighter, cleaner front but he had good bone for his age, nicely proportioned with deep chest, good rib and loin, showed some decent movement in profile but untidy going away, hopefully he will improve in rear as he matures, presentation could be improved.
1. Drakeford’s Mississippi-Missouri Walking My Angel. 9 months old, looked well on the stand, pleasing in head with broad skull and lovely eye, decent front with strong neck and good lay back of shoulder, needs to settle in top-line but confident this will come with age, nicely angulated all through with sound proportions, a little close in rear but showed sound movement in profile, in good coat and condition.
1. Arkell’s Grimm Black Cullinan for Cannark NAF TAF (imp POL). Really liked this young male of 17 months, everything in the right place, he just needs to mature to complete a really lovely picture, very expressive head with lovely kind eye, good bone, pleasing proportions with deep chest, good rib and short loin, excellent top-line which he held well, he was sound and effortless moving in all directions.
2. Russell’s Zentaur Fizzical Damage. 16 months old and not quite as mature as 1 but he was pleasing to assess and has promise, kind head and expression, broad skull with good muzzle, nicely angulated all through with correct proportions, he was balanced and active on the move showing some clean paces, presented in good coat and condition.
3. Carter’s Zentaur The Fizz Factor.
1. Duff’s Titanbears Vainglorious JW. 10 months old and he presented a nice outline standing and moving, expressive, kind head with kind eye, good bone, would like a tidier mouth but head was broad and masculine, good angles throughout with deep chest and correct shape and length of rib, sound in rear, he moved out well covering the ground well with an easy gait.
2. Cadman’s Newfangled Frute Basket. Another lovely male of 22 months who was nicely angulated all through, expressive, masculine head with kind eye, good bone, liked his proportions, deep chest and good rib, presented in excellent coat, he moved out well with an easy gait, although he was a little fond of his tail on the move.
3. Drakeford’s Sasquatch Zero To Hero.
1. McDonald’s Newfangled Frute Loonie. An easy win for this 22 month old male, stood out for balance, proportions and presentation, masculine head with kind eye, good bone and substance without being coarse, lovely angulation front and rear with good depth of chest, well shaped rib and length with strong loin, immaculately presented, he moved out easily with excellent reach and drive, I am sure he has a bright future ahead of him and was pleased to award him the RDCC.
2. Steel’s Nurburgnewf Ironman. 21 months old, not as balanced as 1, kind masculine head and eye, good bone, not as well angulated as 1 but he had a sound top-line, deep chest and good length of rib, showed some decent profile movement but quite untidy going away and on the return, presentation of coat could have been better.
3. Cooper/Roberts’ Stephensbear God Of Thunder at Lyvidians.
1. Payne’s Newetta’s Let’s Party at Squestpaws. Nicely presented 2 year old of good substance and size, kind head and expression with kind eye, a shade long for me but balanced nonetheless, nicely angulated all through with sound top-line, he moved freely with power and was presented in excellent coat and condition, handler was clearly delighted this gave him his SBN, well done.
2. Crosier’s Nurburgnewf Cayman. I liked this male of 4 years but felt he was carrying a little too much weight over his shoulders which showed in his movement today, that aside he had a kind, masculine head with expressive eye, he was nicely angulated all through with good proportions, good depth of chest and correct rib, not quite as tidy on the move as 1 today but presented in excellent coat and condition.
3. Morris’ Vodahond Chief of Clan Brody.
A really lovely class of quality males.
1. Blake’s Sandbears Masterpiece. Beautifully presented male of 2½ years, I was enchanted but his head and expression, lovely eye, strong muzzle and good breadth of skull, strong neck leading into excellent front angulation and the rest just flowed, he was balanced and he had the correct substance and bone, sound top-line which he carried well, he was easy and effortless on the move covering the ground well, in tip top condition and very well muscled, loved him and was delighted to award him the DCC & BOB but I think his best is still to come, I believe this CC made him up on the day so congratulations, shortlisted in a strong Working group.
2. Black’s Ch/Lux Ch. Gunnersnewfs Black Desire for Blackcoast. Another lovely boy of 3 years, full of quality, mature and beautifully presented, masculine, expressive head with kind eye, strong muzzle and good breadth of skull, strong neck and shoulders with excellent bone, liked his proportions and his angulation, he was strongly made without coarseness, sound in top-line which he carried well standing and moving, felt he wasn’t as relaxed and free on the move today as 1.
3. Blahuta’s Iron Man Canadian Pearl.
1. McPhail’s Spirebear Golden Barley. Brown of 8 years, kind head and expression, would, even at this age, have liked a tidier mouth, strong neck and shoulders, ok in angulation all through, very lethargic and unanimated on the move and felt he didn’t really want to be in the ring, presentation of coat was ok, BV.
1. Russell’s Zentaur Fizzical Damage. 2nd in JD.
2. Carter’s Zentaur The Fizz Factor. 16 months old, litter brother to above, kind head and expression, not as well balanced all through as 1st, would like better front angulation and a little more length in body, deep chest, good rib and bone, moved ok.
Three very young babies.
1. Duff’s Titanbears Fallen Angel. 6 months old and promising, nicely constructed all through with feminine, expressive head and good eye, she was soundly built all through with good body proportions, good rib and bone, after a ‘giddy’ start, she showed some promising profile movement, a little unsettled coming and going but this, I’m sure, will improve with maturity, presented well in gleaming coat and condition.
2. Royle’s Royleway Isabella. Another baby of just 6 months who I felt didn’t quite have the angulation of 1st, feminine head and expression, would like a shade more in neck but she had good bone and body proportions, presentation was ok but she was really unsettled and erratic on the move, I’m sure she will settle as she matures.
3. Duff’s Titanbears Pious Charlatan.
1. Cliffen’s Oukaya Forever Thanks Your Lucky Stars. Beautifully presented young Landseer of 9 months, kind feminine head and expression, I liked her body proportions, chest was broad and deep and she had enough bone, well angulated front and rear with good rib, initially a little reluctant but when she settled into her stride showed some promising movement, she was well muscled and fit for such a youngster, BP.
2. Lucas’ Coltrana Musical Mountain. Lovely bitch of 11 months, feminine head and melting eye, strong muzzle and broad skull, good neck set well into shoulders, nicely angulated all through, good bone and body proportions, presented in excellent coat and condition, she was really unsettled on the move today which was a shame but I’m sure this will settle as she matures.
3. Duff’s Titanbears Fallen Angel.
1. Farrar’s Darkpeak Starlight Express. Beautifully presented young bitch of just 12 months, just out of puppy, very pleasing in head, she was feminine with a beautiful dark expressive eye, very balanced all through with good body proportions, she was well angulated front and rear and carried her sound top-line well, she moved out freely with an effortless gait, in excellent coat and condition.
2. Baxter/Woodhall’s Starcove Sister Act. 13 months and a little more mature and slightly longer cast than 1st, liked her outline standing and moving, feminine, expressive head with dark eye, good bone, well angulated front and rear, she moved freely and was presented in excellent condition, well muscled and fit.
3. Gordon’s Elgrandbear Coastal Waves at Leggatfoot.
1. Bull’s Sandbears What Ya Fancy at Ravenshore. Beautifully presented young bitch at 18 months, just out of junior, loved her feminine head and expression, liked her for balance and proportions, she was well angulated front and rear and kept a sound top-line moving and standing, to be picky would like a touch more in neck but she moved out well with an easy gait.
2. Duff’s Titanbears Wicked Method JW. Nicely made bitch of 22 months who I have judged before, feminine, expressive head with good breadth to skull and strong muzzle, nicely angulated all through with good depth to chest and correct rib, strong loin, presented in excellent coat and condition.
3. Gordon’s Elgrandbear Coastal Waves at Leggatfoot.
1. Steels’ Nurburgnewf Beamer. Well presented brown bitch of 4 years, feminine, kind head with lovely expression, clean front with good bone, liked her angles front and rear, she had sound body proportions with good depth of chest and correct rib, strong loin, well developed rear which she used well, liked her balanced outline all through, free and easy on the move.
2. Popple’s Mileoak Loch Noir. Nicely presented bitch with kind head and very gentle expression, strong neck and shoulders, she had good bone and was nicely angulated all through, sound body proportions with good depth of chest and rib, a little untidy going away and returning but showed some decent profile movement.
3. Petersone’s Zvezdnij Dar Odie.
1. Baldock’s Gunnersnewfs Believe In Me. Beautifully made bitch of 3 years with feminine, expressive head and lovely eye, nicely angulated all through with sound body proportions, good depth of chest and correct rib, strong loin, liked her for balance and femininity, she was quite unsure of her surroundings today but did enough to win her this class, she moved out beautifully when settled and her construction equalled her gait, well presented and really liked her balance and quality.
2. Baxter/Woodhall’s Newfashion This Is Me. More mature bitch of 3 years, feminine head and expression, strong neck and shoulders, she was nicely angulated all through, was sound in top-line, not quite as balanced standing and moving but presented in excellent coat and condition, moved out freely and was well muscled and fit.
3. Groves’ Bridgestone Manor Of Groves.
A beautiful class of quality bitches.
1. Coldwell’s Zentaur This Is Jam Hot (AI) ShCEx OSW. Gorgeous brown of 4 years who was full of quality, she stood out for balance and construction, loved her pretty, expressive head, strong neck and shoulders, she was totally feminine throughout and my hands flowed over her, beautifully angulated front and rear, she was deep in chest with correct bone, she had a good length of rib and her presentation was excellent, moved out beautifully but in the challenge felt the dog just had the edge today, I am sure she has her best still to come, believe this was her 4th BCC, many congratulations.
2. Adair’s Ch. King of Helluland Love Actually at Darebear (imp SVK) JW ShCM ShCEx OSW. Another beautiful bitch of 5 years, in her absolute prime, hard to split these 2 girls, gorgeous head and expression with feminine written all over, balanced in outline standing and moving, correct bone, good depth of chest and rib, strong loin, sound top-line, she was beautifully angulated and well muscled, free and easy on the move and presented in perfect order, RBCC.
3. Baldock’s Ch/Lux Ch. Gunersnewfs All or Nothing JW.
Cath Moffat (Kyleca)