- Show Date: 18/06/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 28/07/2023
Border Union Agricultural Society
This was not my entry and it was unfortunate that Mr Nigel Wright had to resign from his 1st appointment awarding CCs in his breed, I wish him all the best for the future and hope he is given another opportunity. I was disappointed with fronts, the breed standard says ‘forelegs straight’ skull and muzzle should also be ‘joined by a gentle slope’, strong heads should’t be coarse. This wasn’t the biggest of entries but I was satisfied with my overall winners holding top honours.
1. Roberts’ Penellcy You Could Be Mine. Very heavily made male of 7 months and a little overdone in head for me but kind expression and good eye, would like a straighter front, sound neck and shoulders, nicely marked, decent top-line and soundly made rear, good tail carriage, he moved out with a sound gait when settled.
1. McBain’s Lisjovia Flaming Drambuie. A little out of coat but a nicely balanced example of this breed at 13 months, expertly shown by his proficient handler who brought out his best qualities, pleasing, kind expression with good strength in muzzle, good eye and nicely balanced skull, good forechest and depth and shape of rib, correctly angulated front and rear with sound top-line, moved out with a free, easy gait in all directions, still young and he has time on his side, DCC.
2. Robinson’s Lisjovia Blue Lagoon. Masculine, litter brother to 1, kind head with good neck and shoulders, good bone and depth of chest, needs to balance out but he is still young and another with time on his side, good tail set and carriage, when settled showed some good reach and drive, presented in good coat and condition but gave his handler a real hard time.
1. Robinson’s Lisjovia Blue Lagoon. 2nd in JD
2. Hall’s Lisjovia Insomnia. 2 years old and another with kind, masculine head, good eye, ears set on a little high, good neck, fair shoulder placement, good bone and good depth to chest, showed little animation on the move, presented in good coat and condition.
1. Hall’s Lisjovia Insomnia. 2nd in YD.
1. Thompson’s Madrasleibhe Croaghaunb. 2½ years, very narrow all through and lacked substance, would have preferred a better head but good eye and pigment, a little narrow in front, moved away close behind and needs to tighten up on return, presented in clean and well muscled condition.
1. Shepherd’s Vis’kali’s Hazuki Del Avantgarde (imp SWE) (AI). 3 years, nice shape and outline with pleasing head and expression, well set eye, good skull and pigment, clean, straight front, good depth of chest, sound top-line and well muscled rear quarters, presented in excellent coat, moved out well, RDCC.
2. Blair’s Penellcy Bennington Bear. 3 years, very strong and masculine head, kind eye, good ear set, would like a straighter front but good bone, fair angulation front and rear with sound top-line and good depth to chest, lacked animation on the move.
1. Holmes’ Lisjovia Takahashi JW ShCM. 6½ years, kind masculine and expressive, head, clean front with correct bone, good neck and shoulders with good depth to chest and nicely angulated, sound body proportions but had a tendency to fall away in croup, out of coat and he showed some steady movement but unfortunately this boy clearly wasn’t happy today being assessed or moving.
1. Flounders’ Kalkasi Just Imperial at Lakamoni. Nicely presented bitch of 9 months, in good coat and condition, feminine head with well placed eye, good ear set, straight front, nicely angulated with good body proportions, a little up behind at the moment but she has time on her side, moved out with a steady gait once settled, BP.
2. McKenzie’s Febus Meillon. Another young bitch of 8 months, presented well but not quite the angulation of 1, strong but feminine head with good eye and ear set, sound in top-line with well muscled rear, handler must pay attention to the speed the dog moves as she had a tendency to ‘crab’ on occasions, she’s only young and another who has time on her side.
3. Wilcock’s Penellcy Tell It To My Heart. A lovely young bitch of 7 months who just wasn’t playing the game today, she slipped her lead on a number of occasions and I wasn’t able to properly assess her movement.
1. Goodwin’s Lisjovia White Lady avec Montmusique JW. A promising young bitch of 14 months who was beautifully presented, feminine head and kind expression, straight front, good forechest, nicely angulated all through with good body proportions, good bone and well let down chest, level top-line and well muscled rear quarters, in excellent coat and condition and I’m sure a promising future, she was handled well to bring out her lovely qualities, RBCC.
2. Hall’s Lisjovia Scotch Solace. Another lovely bitch of 13 months presented in excellent coat and condition, soundly made all through with kind, feminine head, good eye and ear set, straight front, good neck and shoulders, another a little up behind at the moment, moved soundly but just not as positive on the move today as class winner.
3. Flounders’ Kalkasi Just Imperial at Lakamoni. 1st PB.
1. Hall’s Lisjovia Scotch Solace. 2nd in JB.
2. Keith’s Belshanmish My Girl with Beverlenn. 21 months where I preferred the head of 1 but good eye and well set ears, good strength in muzzle, would like front a little straighter but nicely angulated all through with forelegs well set under, good top-line and sound body proportions, showed some promising profile movement.
NB 3(1) 1. Hall’s Lisjovia Scotch Solace. Moved much better in this class.
2. Flounders’ Kalkasi Just Imperial at Lakamoni. 1st PB, 3rd JB.
1. Flounders’ Kalkasi Just Imperial at Lakamoni. 1st PB, 3rd JB, 2nd NB.
2. Keith’s Belshanmish My Girl with Beverlenn. 2nd YB.
1. Keith’s Belshanmish My Girl with Beverlenn. 2nd YB, 2nd GB.
2 nice bitches.
1. Wilcock’s Penellcy She’s Like The Wind. Immacuately presented bitch of 3 years in lovely coat and condition, very feminine head with lovely eye and good ear set, nicely angulated throughout with straight front, correct bone and good forechest, level top-line and sound, well muscled rear, moved out well with lovely forward reach and good drive from the rear, good tail carriage, she never put a paw wrong all day, pleased to award her BCC.
2. Goodwin’s Lisjovia Adagio avec Montmusique JW. 4 year old bitch who appealed for shape and outline, lovely feminine head and expression, nicely angulated all through with straight front and good depth and shape of rib, sound top-line, well muscled and in super condition, moved out well.
3. Flounders’ Sketrick Papagena at Lakamoni (AI).