- Show Date: 30/09/2022
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Andrzej Stepinski Contact Judge
- Published Date: 09/08/2023
Gundog Breeds Association Of Scotland
Gundog Breeds Association of Scotland
Championship Show 30.09.2022
First of all I would thank the committee for the honour to be invited to judge this show and the exhibitors for entrusting me with their dogs.
Many thanks for the lovely entry, it was a total pleasure to go over your wonderful dogs at this well run show. I very much enjoyed my first appointment to award CCs
Thanks to my ring stewards for outstanding efforts in supporting me and kept everything in order .
I was so proud as my BOB ended up winning Best in Show under Mr Frank Whyte (Kazval) and BPiB res. Best Puppy in Show under Mr Bill Browne-Cole
Dog CC & BOB 522 Archibald, Mr, Mrs & Miss F, E & E Abinvale Firestorm (AI)
Res Dog CC 599 McCormack, Miss S Sh Ch Flyngalee Alonso
Bitch CC 538 Clarkson, Mrs F M Drumkilty Lisdoonvarna JW
Res Bitch CC 635 Thomson, Mr & Mrs Clannorach Sweet Dreams
Best Puppy 572 Harper, Miss l A Tullochmohr Shooting Star at Glynerva
Best Veteran 599 McCormack, Miss S Sh Ch Flyngalee Alonso
Best Special Beginner 628 Salter, Mr Graeme Rathcloon Safe and Sound
1. Hunter’s Kadaka Kevin Karrot Lovely balanced puppy with a pleasing head, excellent pigment, very good expression, good ribcage, enough body for his age. Very good angulation both ends, good bone, happy mover.
1. King’s Cleddans Freaming of Summer Promising puppy boy with lovely head. Very good proportions for his age. Level topline, hold on the move. Nice constructed, well muscled , moves with drive.
2. 2. Liggins’ & Hodges’ Silver Passion Glam Fashion (Imp Ger) Nice puppy, well chiseled head, very good expression. Clean outline, good ribcage, needs to strengthen in topline. Good angulation both ends, moves well.
3. 3. Hunter’s Kadaka Kevin Karrot
1. Oakes’ Drumkilty Vanadium Pale dog , very good format, balanced well chiseled head, kind eyes and expression. Very good reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders. Excellent substance for his age, level topline, very good angulations both ends, very nice movement with drive.
2. Taylor’s & Ten’s Strettonhill’s Ultimatum Mid gold, correct proportions, level topline and tailset. Masculine head, shape of the scull could be better. Good reach of neck flowing to the shoulders, well bodied. Good angulation both ends. Moved well.
3. Gerhold’s Navilis Vivat Vivaldi
1. Kelly’s Sh Ch Ramchaine You Spin Me Right Round in Zenevieva Not a big one but perfect balanced dog. Clean outline, level firm back excellent tailset. Good through the body, ribs well sprung and held his topline well. Excellent reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders, well return upper arm, stifles well bent. Masculine head, kind expression. Really good mover with plenty of drive.
2. Taylor’s & Ten’s Strettonhill’s Ultimatum
3. Salter’s Rathcloon Safe and sound
1. Taylor’s & Ten’s Strettonhill’s Ultimatum
2. Graham’s Iparralde de Ria Vela Gold dog, strongly made. Masculine head with dark eyes, kind expression. Very good substance, level back, very good angulations both ends. Prefer a straighter front. Would like to see more drive and power on the move.
3. Holmes’ Kellywillow Augustus
1. Gerhold’s Navilis Nouveau Venu (Omp) JW Mid gold happy and outgoing dog with good bone and substance. Masculine head, kind expression. Lovely neck flowing to the shoulders. Level topline, hold on the move. Balanced angle both ends. Free movement with enough drive.
2. Mcaleese’ Sheriffmuir glorious lad at Glormhorcu Another mid gold dog. Clean outline. Vegry good rech of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders, very good bent of stifles. Well bodoed. Good mover. Just a little too low in the leg in comparison to his length of body.
3. Hunter’s Glenrioch Rock of Ages
1. Mcgeoch’s Nedlezah Lochlea Compact, well boned mid gold dog. Lovely head, well balanced , powerful muzzle malt expression. Very good substance, well placed shoulders and upper arm, strong, well muscled rear. Movement reach and drive
2. Towers’ & Henderson’s Alibren Baker’s Boy Well boned dog, clean outline. Masculine head with kind expression. Very good substance, level back, hold on the move. Good mover thanks to balanced angle both ends. A little too proud of his tail.
3. Wallis’ Blue Gemstone Katrina
MsLD (8, 2a)
1. Ogilvie’s Linirgor Play My Song for Glenbuie Pale dog, good sized frame. Nice masculine head, kind expression. Lovely neck flowing to the shoulders. Level back and tailset. Very good substance. Well angulated front and balanced rear angulation. Good mover.
2. Bolton’s Dantassie Golden Gun for Shiresmill JW Pale gold, well boned dog. Clean outline. Very nice masculine head, gentle expression. Nice neck flowing to the shoulders, level topline, very good angulations both ends, just a little too low on the legs.
3. Mccormack’s Flyngalee Signature JW
LD (9, 5a)
1. Greig’s Largymore Linger In The Mind at Cranngary Mid gold dog. Clean outline. Nicely pigmented, masculine head, kind expression. Good reach of neck, level topline, hold on the move. Well boned, very good angulations both ends. Moves well.
2. Mcdonald’s Lamancha Magical Moment JW Pale dog that gives a beautiful picture while standing. Clean outline. Lovely masculine head, long neck flowing to the shoulders, level topline, good tailset. Very good angulations both ends. Quite a lot of this elegance is lost on the move
3. Warden’s Noblemoon Tak The High Road to Glentochty
OD (10, 1a)
This class gave me the biggest headache of the day, full of quality and it was a thrill to judge.
1. Archibald’s Abinvale Firestorm (AI) The star of the day. Eye-catching from the very first moment. Fantastic in his shape , proportions and construction. Confident, happy & outgoing dog. Balanced head, well chisselled head with wonderful expression. Long, muscular neck which flows into his strong level topline. Well laid back shoulders , excellent return upper arm. Very good ribcage, excellent substance. Balanced angle in rear , good bent of stifles, well let down hocks. Loved he’s ground covering movement with good reach and drive. I had no hesitation to award him CC & BOB and pleased to see him win BIS
2. Kipps’ Sh Ch Cadwst Flach Flame to Wheatcroft Another quality pale dog unlucky to meet 1 in such top form today. Clean outline. Lovely masculine head. Very good reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders. Superb body, level topline. Excellent angulations both ends. Free mover.
3. Dunbar’s Sh Ch Linirgor Tomich JW
VD (6, 1a)
Another class full of quality
1. Mccormack’s Sh Ch Flyngalee Alonso It's hard to believe the age of this dog when you see his movement and many younger dogs can envy him. Well constructed, clean outline. Lovely masculine head. Excellent reach of neck flowing to the shoulders. Level topline which is hold on the move. Well bodied, very good angulations both ends. Moved effortlessly with really drive. Pleased to award him the Res CC.
2. Archibald’s Sh Ch & Ir Sh Ch Abinvale Levanto Another lovely dog. Strong, but not too heavy, masculine head with soft expression. Very good reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders. Level, firm topline. Excellent substance. Balanced in body. Very god front and rear angulation. Only on the move was visible, a little, his age.
3. Warden’s Eyevalley Macallan of Glentochty Sh.CM VW
1. Salter’s Rathcloon Safe and Sound 3rd YD, he showed better in this class, especially on the move. Pale dog, well constructed, Lovely head with good pigmentation. Level back, Good substance for his age. Very good angulations both ends, enough drive from rear on the move.
2. Warden’s Noblemoon Tak The High Road to Glentochty Mid gold dog. Masculine head with kind expression. Very good reach of neck. Level topline. Excellenrt substance. Well laid back shoulders, a little short upper arm. Good bent of stifles. Moves well
3. Liggins’ & Hodges’ Silver Passion Glam Fashion (Imp)
MPB (6 , 0 a.)
1 HIGHAM’s Lamancha Splendid Frolic Lovely pale puppy girl, clean in lines, excellent body for her age; elegant neck flowing to the shoulders, very good angulation both ends, pleasant head, malt expression; free mover
2 EWART’s Parlickview Blaze of Glory Over Beaupippin lovely mid gold girl; very good proportions for her age, well constructed, well shaped head , lovely eyes, sweet expression, very good reach of neck; level back, good mover but no to so as 1st
3 MCSHANE’s Rigerin Ring A Roses
PB (8 , 3 a.)
1 HARPER’s Tullochmohr Shooting Star At Glynerva very attractive pale puppy girl, excellent substance for her age, clean outline elegant neck, well boned, lovely feminine head , sweet expression, looks even better on the move; without any doubts she became the best puppy in the breed and it was pleasure to see her win res. BPIS
2 SLOAN’s PALMONAS GLITTERBALL another promising puppy girl. Very good format, clean in lines, well shaped head, very nice expression. Level back, elegant neck, very good angulation both ends. Moves well, however not so stabile in joints as the first one.
3 EWART’s Parlickview Blaze of Glory Over Beaupippin
JB (14, 3 a.)
1 TAYLOR’s Strettonhill With Passion Well balanced for her age, clean in lines, lovely head and a soft, gentle expression; very good reach of neck flowing to the shoulders, clean topline. She moved soundly and freely with reach and drive keeping a level topline and with good tail carriage.
2 BYERS’s Balibeau Thons A Terra CPW22 Jun Ch another well balanced exhibit, lovely sweet head, straight front, very good shoulders and upper arm, good rear angles, really good mover.
3 MCCORMACK’s Flyngalee Wishing Well
YB (6, 3 a.)
1 FALCONER’s Soneve Simply Special for Siatham JW lovely eye-catching bitch. One of the most beautiful had, perfect shaped and balanced, malt expression. Lovely neck, level firm back. Well angulated both ends, very good substance for her age. Good movement.
2 MADDISON’s Jaymardy Sweet Caroline Good format, nice feminine head, Firm and level topline with correct croup and tail set, Good bone and angulations. She moved really well
3 LANG’s Lanercoste Pink Roses
NB (12, 1 a.)
1 TAYLOR’s Strettonhill With Passion
2 FEASBY’s Torcarhian Purple Skies Very good format, clean in lines pale girl. Very good ribcage and substance, well angulated; excellent movement in profile with long powerful effortless stride but not the same good coming and going
3 MCCORMACK, Miss S Flyngalee Wishing Well
GB (12, 3 a.)
1 FEASBY’s Torcarhian Purple Skies
2 BRADLEY’s Ceilcaesar Ben Avon Light gold bitch with pleasing head, well-constructed fore and hindquarters, well ribbed with good topline and well carried tail, free mover
3 WILLIAMS’s Auristela Lady Luck at Lamhryn
PGB (7, 2 a.)
1 MCSHANE’s Rigerin Respect Mid gold bitch, excellent substance, well shaped head with lovely eyes and expression. Firm level back, very good angulations both ends, free mover.
2 MCNEISH’s Drumkilty Toodle Pip JW Well presented bitch with pleasant head, nice expression. Good angulations both ends, level back, very good reach of neck flowing to the shoulders. Movement free enough, slightly longer than the first one.
3 LOCHHEAD’s Bluebraes Meadow Pipit
MdLB (11, 3 a.)
1 WILSON’s Gunhills Lessons Of Time For Lillieslea Very nice, elegant, pale bitch. Feminine head, soft expression. Excellent reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulders, very good upperarm , very good rear angulation. Firm back, moves with drive.
2 NELSON’s Cadwst Eternal Flame Mid gold bitch, very good format, nice feminine head, lovely eyes. Very good reach of neck, level back, very good angulations both ends; loses a bit of elegance on the move
3 RUSSELL’s Grassyards Call Me Madam JW
LB (1, 4 a)
1 THOMSON’s Clannorach Sweet Dreams Well balanced mid golden bitch. Clean outline, nice head , soft expression. Very good reach of neck flowing to the shoulders, perfect level topline which she held on the move; excellent substance, very good front and rear angulation, moves well with enough drive. I was delighted to award her the res CC
2 DRURY’s GUNHILLS ECHOES OF TIME OVER BENCOE Pale bitch, lovely head, sweet expression, neck long enough, level topline kept on the move, very good angulation both ends. Good mover, slightly longer than first one.
3 GRADY’s Glenrioch Sengalicious
OB (, 2a.)
1 CLARKSON’s Drumkilty Lisdoonvarna JW Full of quality well presented bitch. Lovely feminine head, soft expression. Excellent reach of neck flowing to the well laid back shoulder, perfect upper arm. Excellent angulation in rear; Balanced and short coupled, good depth of body. moved extremely well, Delighted to award her the CC
2 ARCHIBALD’s Ir Sh Ch Abinvale Arrieta (AI) top quality, clean in lines bitch. Beatiful head and expression. Excellent format, excellent construction, moves with drive, unfortunately not at the best coat today.
3 RODGERS’s Sh Ch Rojillair Evening Magic Of Odarla JW
VB (6, 3 a.)
1 MAGSON’s Castlegolden Classy Lady JW In perfect condition pale lady. Well shaped head, kind expression. Very good reach of neck, level, still firm, back. Excellent substance, well angulated both ends. Moves well
2 EWART’s Beaupippin Dusky Lilac another old lady, mid gold, in very good form. Lovely head, sweet expression, very good reach of neck, level back, well angulated both ends. Free mover.
3 FROST’s Sunrise Shimmer at Seleneeos
SBB (3, 0 a. )
1 MCALPINE’s Drumkilty Mairead Well boned gold bitch, nice head with kind expression, very good reach of neck, level, firm back. Very good angulation both ends. For perfect balance could be a bit higher on the legs. Moves well.
2 LOCHHEAD’s Bluebraes Meadow Pipit Very good format, nice feminine head , sweet expression. Clean outline, very good angulation both ends. Movement could be a bit more free
3 BRADLEY’s Ceilcaesar Ben Avon