- Date: 17/02/2019
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Vanessa Cox Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Matlock & District Canine Society
Matlock open show- BIS, BPIS, BVIS, Lhasa Apso, Tibetan Terrier, Chinese Crested, Border Terrier, Parson Russell Terrier
I was delighted to be asked to judge BIS and what a treat it was with a strong line up in each of the BIS, BPIS and BVIS competitions. For my BIS I chose the young Lhasa Apso bitch, Hattrell’s Khinjan Bellisima, whom I had judged earlier on the day in the breed competition. Full of breed type, with a classic outline making her a real eye catcher and put down in pristine coat, she strode out with an air of arrogance almost defying me not to give her the top spot. RBIS was the Welsh springer spaniel dog, Oliver’s Glenbrows Royal Dragon with such an appealing head and gentle expression. Clean neck, well laid shoulders, deep brisket and well ribbed too. He moved with such an easy stride and presented in gleaming coat, you would expect him to be able to do a day’s work with ease. BPIS was the elegant Saluki bitch, Classicus Antiigone, owned by Sanders-Parker. She took my eye as soon as she entered the ring, she has such presence and a graceful air about her. A balanced sleek outline, head long and narrow and very feminine. Came into her own on the move, absolutely effortless. Must have a bright future. RBPIS was Gee’s gassy Norfolk Terrier dog, Watercroft To Coin A Phrase. He has a lovely head and expression, good neck and shoulders. Well-made body with a good spring of rib, all giving a nicely balanced outline. Pleasing tight double coat. Moved soundly both ways, a little dog with huge personality and bags of potential. Best Veteran was Davidson-Poston’s Papillon Ch, Ir Ch, NL Ch and Int Ch Spinillons Rebel Rouser JW Sh CM CW14, 8 years old. Butterfly personified, beautiful head and expression with those large mobile well fringed ears. So elegant and well-made throughout. Coat in pristine condition. His movement was light, and free flowing and he is a true showman.
1. Hattrell’s Khinjan Scarlett Pimpernel. Sturdy young man with a well-balanced outline and high set tail. Pleasing head properties with good finish to muzzle, dark correctly shaped eyes and good underjaw giving a typical expression. His neck flows into well laid shoulders, level topline and well set on tail. Very good coat. Moves out well with good reach and with a proud head carriage.
1. Hattrell’s Khinjan Bellisima. An eye catching sturdy young bitch chock full of quality. She is pleasing for size and overall balance giving a typical outline. Glorious head, so feminine with that air of arrogance, good finish to muzzle and dark correctly shaped eyes. Good front and well arched neck, level topline and correct set on tail. Shown in beautiful coat and body condition. Comes into her own on move with her free and jaunty action. BOB.
2. Hemsley’s Taemarus Neverending Story. Attractive dog who is very well put together. Lovely masculine head with good finish to foreface. Good front, nice reach of neck, level topline, and well set on tail. Collected on move, just a touch close behind going away but looked good in profile. Well-presented coat.
3. Francis’ Mokadream Strawbry Fields.
1. Hemsley’s Taemarus Amazing Grace. Pleasing size and sturdily built girl. Attractive well balanced feminine head, aloof expression, good eye colour and shape. Good front, strong neck, good topline, well ribbed and tail set on correctly. Moved out well with free action. Super coat and presentation. RBOB
2. Allsop’s Chamando Smooth Operator. Mature dog with a lovely masculine head, with dark eyes and typical expression. Good front, could perhaps carry a touch less weight over neck and shoulders to advantage. Well ribbed and level topline. Well-presented coat. Moved well with a free jaunty action.
3. Francis’ Mokadream Kiss From A Rose
1. Cooper’s Han-nu Of Manco at Abeloth (Imp Deu) Attractive youngster with a pleasing well balance square outline. Masculine well-proportioned head, dark round eyes and good mouth. Moderate neck, well laid shoulders, good spring of rib for age, short loin and nicely angulated hindquarters. Coat still developing but good texture. Moved out well with a smooth flowing action. BPIB
2. No name shown in the Catalogue. Raw 6mth baby boy with a pleasing square outline. Lovely head with good skull to muzzle ratio, dark eyes. Good front and legs, nicely balanced for age, good quarters and a sturdy body. Movement difficult to assess as he needs to settle and learn the ropes, but saw glimpses of free flowing action.
1. Cooper’s Best Foot Forward Erbosedition (Imp Svk). Feminine bitch with a pleasing square outline. Attractive head, round dark eyes and strong muzzle. Good neck and shoulders, well ribbed and level topline. Good double coat. Moved out well with driving action from behind.
2. Iles’ Verony Simply Magic at Caljenta. Lovely bitch with a square outline. Pretty head, very good pigment, dark eyes. Good neck and shoulders, well sprung ribs, good topline and short loin. Coat and furnishings developing. Moves out with good drive just a touch close behind.
3. Jones’ Waterley Absolute Diamond
1. Esposito’s Dalewood Crackers and Nuts. Mature typy bitch with a pleasing well balanced square shape. Strong and sturdy yet still feminine with an attractive head and expression. Good front, shoulders and topline, and a nice tail set. Profuse coat. Presents a nice honest picture, she shows herself well and a free and easy mover too. BOB
2. No name shown in the Catalogue. Lovely shape and typical outline. Attractive well-proportioned head, dark eyes and nose pigment. Good neck and front. Good feet. Well ribbed body good topline and strong loin. Well-made hindquarters and moved out with flowing movement RBOB.
3. Jones’ Waterley Broadway Lights JW
1. Farquharson’s Shanshai Prince Of Arabia. Powder Puff baby with a pleasing balanced outline. Attractive head with clean chiselled cheeks tapering into his muzzle and good ear set and carriage, dark eye and good bite. Nicely proportioned body shape, good tail set and carriage. Just needs a little more confidence. BPIB
1. Crow’s Arte Figure Next Level at Casacavallo (imp Fin). BOB Classy hairless dog with a pleasing well shaped head and muzzle and good ear carriage. Elegant neck, well placed shoulders, good ribbing and level topline. Super skin condition and plenty of furnishings. Looked a picture both standing and on the move with plenty of reach and drive and correct tail carriage too. BOB
2. Farquharson’s Shanshai Prince Of Arabia
1. Crow’s Estillinis the Huntsman at Casacavallo JW ShCM. Hairless dog, a real showman, and of a lovely size and chock full of quality. Pleasing head, good ears, clean checks and dark eyes. Graceful neck, level topline and excellent rear quarters. Shown in beautiful skin condition and plenty of furnishings. He moved soundly back and front, just not quite the freedom of the junior winner today, so had to settle for RBOB.
2. Dowsett’s Ch Doonbeg Bete Noir via Tteswood CW12 ShCM JW. Powder puff male, 9 year old and still as fit as a fiddle. Attractive head with strong muzzle, lean cheeks, dark eyes and large well placed ears. Good reach of neck, with firm topline and well carried tail. Excellent coat and body condition. Moved well, not quite the reach of winner.
P (2, 1abs)
1. Sneddon’s Glen Mara Oh Viedo at Kersfell (Imp). Nicely put together stylish pup with an excellent otter like head, good strength to muzzle and correct bite. Nice reach of neck, well laid shoulders, easily spannable and well ribbed back. Good front and rear angulations. Harsh jacket and thick pelt. Moved positively with drive. BPIB.
1. Hollingsbee’s Otterwood Diodem. Nicely made bitch, pleasing size and spannable. Lovely otter head with good strength to muzzle and correct bite. Nice reach of neck into well laid shoulders. Well ribbed back, good angulations front and rear. Thick pliable pelt. Moved well with a ground covering stride. RBOB.
2. Sneddon’s Glen Mara Oh Viedo at Kersfell (Imp). Scored highly on excellent head properties.
3. Watson’s Cynetkoy Time Traveler
O (2,1 abs)
1. Hollingsbee’s Tarkaswell Smart Move To Otterwood. Pleasing dog who is a handy size, easily spanned and has a balanced workmanlike appearance. Lovely otter head with neat ears and good scissor bite with strong teeth. Nice reach of neck into well laid shoulders. Ribbing is good being deep and narrow. Held his topline both standing and on the move. Harsh jacket and pliable pelt. Moved out with a good ground covering stride. BOB
Parson Russell Terrier
1. Knight’s Just Top Russell To Pacolito (Imp). Pleasing young man with a workmanlike appearance. Masculine head, moderately broad skull, dark eyes and correct bite all aiding his keen expression. Clean neck, nice straight front, spannable and well-made hindquarters too. Very good jacket. Moved well and covered the ground with a free and easy stride. BOB and BP.
1. Knight’s Just Top Russell To Pacolito (Imp). As above
Vanessa Cox (Judge)