- Date: 09/02/2019
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Rachel Collie Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Bulldog Club Of Wales
Bulldog Club of Wales
Breed Open Show
I was delighted to accept this judging appointment and want to take a moment to thank you all for making it such a wonderful experience for me. I would most of all like to thank the committee for inviting me to judge at this show and all the exhibitors who entered under me. Special thanks to both of my stewards, who were both excellent and kept everything running smoothly.
Overall exhibits were presented in good clean condition. No serious health issues were noted and generally eyes, nostrils & tails were good. Movement on a whole was not great on the day, but could be a different story on a different day.
Veteran D/B (2,2A)
Minor Puppy Dog (3,0A)
1. Evison Mr., Mr. & Mrs. Andlare Scooter At Kikuchi – Red & white promising puppy that looks like a puppy. Good flat skull, clean head, good nostrils, nice layback. Neat ears, clear eyes. Good tack on. Enough bone, straight front with enough chest. Nice pear shape, good topline & good tail. Good on the move. BPD.
2. Brown Mr. M. Tinopark Evening Star – Bigger type than 1, big head with a more pronounced snout. Ears high set, would prefer more pigment around the eye, clear eyes all the same. Good length of neck, enough bone. Would prefer more chest, but he’s young yet. Good topline, nice tail set and excellent tail. Movement not as good as 1.
3. George Miss. A. Avaword Lincoln.
Puppy Dog (3,0A)
1. Hanley Miss. S. Blenhiemstar Dee – Lovely headpiece with great upsweep & jaw. Well placed clear dark eyes, good nostrils, and lovely flat skull with a defined furrow. Wide set rose ears, nice tacked on shoulders. Enough bone to neat feet. Nice topline and rear angulation. Walks his width which is so nice to see.
2. Saxon Mr. A. T. & Mrs. S. L. Bagibeli Ace Of Spades – A heavier set type to 1. Good eyes & nostrils, good bone, neat feet, good depth of chest, nice pear shape. Movement not as good as 1 on the day.
3. Brown Mr. M. Tinopark Evening Star.
Junior Dog (2,1A)
1. Nicholson Mr. J. & Mrs. S. Melafella Cool And Cocky – Nice clean head, good eyes, well set rose ears. Wide true jaw, nice upsweep. Enough straight bone to neat feet. Would like more chest. Topline ok and was ok on the move.
Novice Dog (2,1A)
1. Brown Mr. M. Tinopark Evening Star – Big head with a more pronounced snout. Ears high set, would prefer more pigment around the eye, clear eyes all the same. Good length of neck, enough bone. Would prefer more chest, but he’s young yet. Good topline, nice tail set and excellent tail. Movement ok.
Graduate Dog (2,1A)
1. Davies Mr. & Mrs. P. W. Kerkade Show Time With Kismond – Brindle & White dog, good strong masculine head. Nice wide jaw, good clear eyes, ears well set apart on flat skull. Good straight front to neat feet. Would like more chest, enough neck, topline not his best point. Great on the move.
Limit Dog (2,1A)
1. Stutter Mrs. L. A. Erimusbulls Cooper At Linmist – Eye catcher! Beautiful sour standoff expression. Lovely wide jaw, nice upsweep, good nostrils, good dark clear eyes, broad flat skull. Good neat rose ears, enough neck, and lovely tack on. OK chest, topline alright. Good on the move, bitch was just a better mover on the day for BIS. Pleased to award him BD & BOS.
Open Dog (1,0A)
1. George Miss. A. Avaword Hector – Certainly very happy to be here! Large flat skull, clear eyes, good jaw with good ear placement. Good bone, wide front, enough chest, enough neck. Topline ok, good tail. Was too excited to move well, but he enjoyed his day out.
Minor Puppy Bitch (0,0)
Puppy Bitch (3,1A)
1. Davies Mr. & Mrs. P. W. Kismond Midnight Sunset – Lovely brindle & white puppy, though carrying a bit too much weight. Lovely clean head with a pleasing face. Good jaw & expression. Nice flat skull, good ears, nice reach of neck, good bone, to neat feet. Nice length of foreface, good on the move. BPIS.
2. Parker Mr. S. & Mrs. C. Albionpride Miss Furtado – Another brindle & white, a finer type to 1. Good clean head, nice expression. Clear dark eyes & well placed ears, excellent nostrils. Good tacked on shoulders. Nice chest, enough bone to neat feet. Nice topline, good brisket with a nice tail. Shame she was lame on the day.
Junior Bitch (3,0A)
1. Innes Ms. Cholto Silver Buttons – She caught my eye as she walked into the ring. Beautiful bitch, bit heavy with a gorgeous broad flat head. Lovely upsweep, well-padded check, good jaw, clear eyes, nice rose ears. Good neck, well tacked on shoulder, good bone to neat feet, enough chest with good spring of rib. Lovely pear shape, good topline, nice angulation and lovely on the move with a good tail. Would take her home in a heartbeat, delighted to award her BB & BIS.
2. Hanley Miss. S. Laroyal Lead The Way As Blenhiemstar – Good headpiece, great nostrils, nice upsweep, jaw ok. Clear eyes, well set ears, good neck, good bone, would like more chest. Nice shape from above, good on the move, unlucky to meet 1 on the day.
3. Hunter Mr. N. R. & Mrs. D. J. Huntthorn Lady Gaga.
Novice Bitch (3,1A)
1. Planson Mrs. K. Britishstyle Tallula’s Gift – Nice bitch, though bit on the heavy side. Pleasing head, good jaw, and good nostrils. Clear dark eyes, ell set ears, enough neck. Good tack on, nice chest. Straight bone, neat feet. Nice topline, good rear angulation. Good on the move.
2. Davies Mr. & Mrs. P. W. Kismond Tropical Sunset – Bit skittish on the day. Fine wrinkled head, jaw ok. Clear eye, furrow well defined. Well placed ears, flat skull. Enough neck to tacked on shoulders. Bit tight in front, nice topline with a nice tail, movement not as good as 1 on the day.
Graduate Bitch (5,3A)
1. Hunter Mr. N. R. & Mrs. D. J. Huntthorn Galaxy Of Dreams – Lovely head, good nostrils, clear dark eyes. Good jaw & nice expression. Clean head with fine wrinkle, flat skull, and well-padded cheeks. Enough chest, good front, straight bone to neat feet. Topline ok, great mover.
2. Evans Mrs. S. M. Mijoro Marvella At Sephina – Nice bitch, bit heavy. Nice jaw, good furrow, ears well set, good wide flat skull. Enough bone to neat feet. Would prefer more chest, ok on the move.
3. Mayo Mrs. S. Triarder Abita Posh.
Limit Bitch (5,2A)
1. Hanley Miss. S. Ruakuri Making Memories As Blenhiemstar – Good flat skull with clear dark eyes. Nice rose ears and well set. Well-padded cheeks, nice expression. Shoulders well tacked on. Good front, straight bone to neat feet, enough neck. Good topline, well-muscled rear. Good mover, a very fit girl.
2. George Miss. A. Sealaville She’s Ice – Clear eyes, alright jaw, good ear placement, flat skull. Enough neck, nice front with enough chest, neat feet. Topline ok. She enjoyed her day out, movement not as good as 1.
3. Mielczarek Mr. R. & Mrs. M. Valleybulls Single Lady At Margobull.
Open Bitch (6,3A)
1. Hanley Miss. S. Ragmarte Middle Earth As Blenhiemstar – Nice bitch, not as heavy as 2. Good clean head, clear eyes & good nostrils. Flat skull, well set ears, enough neck, good front. Would prefer more chest. Good bone to neat feet. Nice topline, with nice tuck-up, good length of body, moved well. RBB & RBIS.
2. George Miss. A. Avaword Mollie – Good flat skull, well-marked. Good jaw, clear eyes, well placed rose ears. Head has more work than 1, bit too cobby for me, moved well with a good tail.
3. Davies Mr. & Mrs. P. W. Shiloh Disco Dancer Kismond.