- Date: 24/11/2019
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Kelly Lee Contact Judge
- Published Date: 26/11/2019
Sunderland & District Canine Society
Sunderland & District Canine Society Open Show – Sunday 24th November 2019
Judge – Mrs Kelly Lee (Kelrick)
I would like to thank the committee of Sunderland & District Canine Society for inviting me to judge at their show and my steward Barry Merchant for organising the ring efficiently for me. It was a well run show and I had a nice entry of good quality exhibits. I would like to express my gratitude to the exhibitors for bringing their lovely dogs for me to go over and for their sporting attitudes.
J: (1) 1. Waters & Bryson’s Sweetbriar Soprano. 11 month old Blenheim bitch. She held my attention from the moment she stepped into the ring. Presented in silky coat with rich chestnut markings, she has the most attractive of heads with correct earset, round dark eyes, correct dentition and enough cushioning to create the desired soft melting expression. She is well balanced with good turn of stifle and she moves with elegance maintaining a spirit level topline at all times. Although she stood alone in this class, she went on to win Graduate class then BP, BOB and Puppy Group 1. I heard afterwards that she achieved her last Junior Warrant point today too. She is definitely one to watch for the future.
G: (3,1) 1. Waters & Bryson’s Sweetbriar Soprano (1st in Puppy)
2. Burr’s Lorphil Last Chance. 2 year old Blenheim dog. Well presented with plenty of soft silky coat with well broken markings. Pleasing head with correct earset, dentition and skull almost flat between the ears. Good pigmentation. Good angulation, moved with reach and drive around the ring.
O: (1) 1. Caldwell’s Kathysgirls Jaguar. 4 year old Black & Tan dog. Presented well with silky raven black coat and rich tan markings. A well balanced dog with good angulation which he used to full effect moving with reach and drive around the ring, maintaining a level topline at all times.
J: (5,2) 1. Veazey’s Tidos Its Only Love. 16 month old dog. Lovely head with dark eyes, good pigment, apple domed skull and the desired saucy expression. Compact body with good angulation and moved well with a level topline and correct tail carriage.
2. Gray’s Rubyanlo Berie Buttons. 11 month old dog. Good fringing in the correct places, lovely head with good pigment, dark eyes, well set flaring ears. Good turn of stifle and moved well. A promising puppy. BP
G: (3,1) 1. Gray’s Bratilda Strictly Mine. 2 year old dog. Pleasing head with apple domed skull, flared ears, round dark eyes and saucy expression. Good tailset and carriage and plenty of feathering. Moved with brisk forceful action maintaining a level topline.
2. Gilling’s Chantico’s Mercedes of Talocan. 14 month old bitch. Pretty apple domed head with round dark eyes and good pigmentation. Confident and alert and keen to please handler. Good angulation and moved with good reach and drive.
O: (4) 1. Mason’s Cat Walk Queen. 5 year old bitch. Lovely head with apple domed skull, correct earset and round dark eyes. Alert and spirited with the desired saucy expression. Good tail set and carriage, good angulation. Well feathered in correct places. Moved with brisk action with good reach and drive maintaining a level topline at all times. BOB
2. Walker’s Sunlea Friesian Fancy. 2 ½ year old bitch. Pleasing head with round dark eyes, flared ears, good pigmentation and saucy expression. Slightly arched neck and good angulation throughout which she used to good effect on the move.
G: (8,3) 1. Hartley & Fahey’s Zoomeera Hot Cargo. 2 year old dog. A very nice exhibit with lovely head and good balance throughout. Apple domed skull, round dark eyes and the desired saucy expression. Well angulated with slightly arched neck into well laid shoulders. He moved with brisk, forceful action covering the ground with ease. Carried his tail correctly up and over his back in the desired sickle shape at all times.
2. Day’s Bratilda Galway Girl at Monicachi. 12 month old cream bitch. Another lovely exhibit with an appealing head with round dark eyes, apple domed skull, moderately short muzzle and correct earset with flared ears. Good angulation and good length of neck. Moved around the ring with good reach and drive.
3. Hartley & Fahey’s Garnox Back to Black for Zoomeera. A lovely 7 month old puppy with a very attractive head. Flared ears, round dark eyes and saucy expression. Spirit level topline and correct tailset with sickle tail carried correctly as she moved with brisk action around the ring. A very promising puppy. BPIB & PG4
O: (7,2) 1. Hartley & Fahey’s Boetandales Little River through Zoomeera. 4 year old red dog. Lovely head with apple domed skull, flared ears with correct earset, good pigmentation, round dark eyes, moderately short muzzle and saucy expression. Correct tail carried up and over in the desired sickle shape. Good turn of stifle and moved well both ways with brisk action and level topline at all times. BOB
2. Huntley’s Jahneemahs Laced in Love. 3 year old cream bitch. Lovely head with expressive round dark eyes, saucy expression, apple domed skull and flared ears. Good angulation which she used to good effect as she moved well, keeping a level topline and correct tail carriage both ways.
G: (2,1) 1. Beadling’s Sharlarna Emmoune for Pollypeck. 10 month old black & white puppy bitch. Extremely spirited and outgoing with a super personality. Lovely head with moderately broad skull, large nose with open nostrils, short muzzle with enough cushioning, dark eyes with a small amount of white showing to give the desired “astonished” expression. Movement difficult to judge but looked good in the moments when she settled. BP
O: (3,1) 1. Beadling’s Sharlarna Tailor Made Dekobras. 5 year old black & white dog. Very happy disposition. Well presented with long, soft, silky coat in immaculate condition. Elegant head with large black nose, short muzzle and dark eyes set well apart and the astonished expression. Compact body with good angulation and strong fine bone. Moved well around the ring with good reach and elevation. BOB
2. Kinghorn’s Linjato Kaisho. 4 year old black & white dog. Elegant and aristocratic in appearance with a profuse coat. Lovely head with dark eyes, black nose, short muzzle with good cushioning and correct earset. Well angulated and moved with good reach and elevation around the ring.
O: (3,1) 1. Chapman’s Vickstock Black Magic. 8 month old bitch. Super head with expressive black eyes, ears set on high and erect, strong jaws and a correct scissor bite. Skull flat when viewed from the front, muzzle strong and nose black. A well balanced, elegant puppy with well sprung ribs, square body and good angulation which she used to good effect as she moved effortlessly around the ring. BP & BOB & PG3
G: (5,2) 1. Webber’s Adnamashan Take That. 2 year old tricolour dog. Beautifully presented with long, fine, silky coat. Well balanced and dainty with an intelligent expression. Lovely head with slightly rounded skull, finely pointed muzzle and well defined stop. Large ears with heavy fringing. Head markings symmetrical with a clearly defined white blaze to complete the picture. Good angulation and moved well both ways maintaining a level topline at all times. BOB
2. Collins’ Jayberry Winter Solstice Collness. 11 month old dog. Presented in immaculate condition with plenty of silky coat. Beautiful head with slightly rounded skull, muzzle finely pointed, black nose and medium size, rounded eyes. Large ears with enough fringing. Medium neck into well developed shoulders. Strong, fine bone and good angulation. Moved well. A well balanced, lively, intelligent puppy keen to please his handler. BP
O: (2,1) 1. Webber’s Adnamashan Bat Out of Hell. 7 year old black & white dog. Presented in beautiful condition with an abundant silky coat. Lovely head with well fringed ears, slightly rounded skull, finely pointed muzzle and intelligent expression. A dainty, well balanced dog with good angulation which he used to full effect as he moved freely around the ring.