- Date: 27/01/2019
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Geoffrey Curr Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Chichester & District Canine Society
Dr Geoffrey G. Curr, Mr T.A. Lim & Ms JM Curr
25 Agnes Road, Acton, London, W3 7RF
Tel. 0208 743 4073
CHICHESTER & DISTRICT CANINE SOCIETY 27 .01 .2019
JUDGE: DR GEOFFREY G CURR
German Shorthaired Pointer
Puppy D/B ( 3,1 abs.)
1. Mrs N Coe’s GOOSEPOINT WADDINGTON AT ABBANASH. Well made pup with well proportioned head and strong neck. Depth to chest, strong hindquarters and confident showman who just needs a bit more practice to really shine.BP
2. Mrs S Robinson’s KAZANPAUL AUSTRALIA Feminine head and a lighter build all over, but chest still needs to drop a bit. Good reach on the move, but hind action could be stronger.
Junior D/B ( 3,1 abs.)
1. Miss J Braine’s GRENETREST CANTERBURY BELL JW. Lovely dog well balanced and sound with near parallel movement front and back. Arch to strong neck, firm topline, ribbed well back, well muscled hindquarters and covers a lot of ground standing.BOB
2. KAZANPAUL AUSTRALIA
Post Graduate D/B ( 3,2 abs.)
1. Mrs V Long’s BORDEROAK DILL COWSLIP. Rather heavily built with more width to the chest and between the front legs. Well muscled up and very impressive on the move, though the feet were less compact. Showed very well, attentive to handler. Res. BOB
Open D/B ( 3, 1 abs.)
1. GRENETREST CANTERBURY BELL JW. BOB
2. Mr A Cook & Mr R Lamb’s BROOKE WILL DO IT THROUGH MILCOOK. Strong masculine head with sturdy jaws and width to muzzle and nose.In outline displays a shorter ribcage and a correspondingly longer loin than other exhibits. Quite a steep slope to the croup meant his movement could never appear as effortless as his competition in this class.
Puppy D/B ( 6,1 abs.)
1. Mrs K Wilcox’s PIPEAWAY DREAMS AFYRE IN MERYNJEN. Well formed head with alert eyes roughly equidistant from back of skull and nostrils.Some concavity in topline of muzzle and strong serviceable jaws.Strong neck, depth to chest and a slight arch in the strong loin. Compact feet, showing well and in my view the best outline and movement in this class. BP
2. Miss L Maber’s SHARNPHILLY TOGGI WITH HOOKWOOD Feminine head, longer in the body but with good depth of chest. Excellent front and rear angulation and again in my view, better front movement than the remaining exhibits in this class.
3. Mesd. Hazeltine & Welch’s PIPEAWAY TEASING GEORGIA AT HOOKWOOD.
Junior D/B ( 3,1 abs.)
1. Mrs J Cobden’s PENDAN ZELIE TO ALOZIA. Alert and confident, pleasing head, nice arch to neck enhancing a strong outline overall. Excellent on the move with lovely front action in particular.
2. SHARNPHILLY TOGGI WITH HOOKWOOD
Post Graduate D/B ( 4,1 abs.)
1. Mrs J Bowen-Brooks’ TENSHILLING BLOWIN SMOKE. Another well constructed dog with excellent outline, angulation and front movement Very impressive on the move..Res BOB
2. Mrs L J Barham’s KEWARDGOLD MINNIE ME.Lovely head, neck and depth to chest. Good rear angulation and compact feet, not so impressive in front movement.
3. Mrs E Stuckey’s PENDAN VASHTI
Open D/B ( 6.3 abs. )
1. Mesd. Welch & Hazeltine’s PYTCHLEY CHASING THE DREAM FOR HOOKWOOD. Elegant and stylish of outline with strong muscle and really excellent rear angulation. In good coat and a ring presence which held my attention. BOB
2. Miss A S K Henshaw’s PENBRO UNDER PRESSURE WITH PETESHE. Lovely head and neck with good straight foreleg bone and compact feet. Could not match the excellent presentation and smooth balanced movement of my winner.
3. Mrs M A Squires’ DROVE BOROUGH HOSKINGS HOPE FOR BENTHAM
Junior D/B ( 2, 1 abs.)
1. Mrs S Brown-Percival’s LITTLETIGERS FANCY DANCER AT SANDIMAN (IMP ITA). Compact body and in good coat. Head well rounded with broad cushioned lips and carried high on sufficient length of neck. In outline showed balanced reach and drive, though coming and going, the front did not equal the rear in quality.Res. BOB & BP
Post Graduate D/B ( 2 )
1. Mrs J G Cushing’s ENNISTARSKATSERO AKIO AT SPIRITISLE (IMP). Dainty in bone, elegant in appearance in well presented coat. Pleasing head with well placed eyes displaying white on the inner corners. Showed confidently displaying balanced movement. BOB
2. Mrs T A Quinn’s SHARLANA JAPANESE PLEASE. Happy exhibit, very compact, but that also included a very short neck. Movement not a match for the winner.
Open D/B ( 1.)
1. Cushing’s GLENDYKE MAGICAL PIXIE GIRL AT SPIRITISLE. Small, dainty and out of coat. Pretty head,nice eyes but definitely not in showing mode today, with tail down and movement hard to assess.
Puppy D/B ( 3,1 abs.)
1. Ms G Oliver’s Maltese SARASUMA PENNY LANE. Bright, cheerful, confident and happy (yes I loved her personality)Compact with good neck and topline, very balanced on the move and excellent pigmentation. Best AVNSC Puppy
2. Mrs L Edwards’ Affenpinscher TONSARNE FRANCES FLUTE. Promising pup with compact body, excellent topline and very mischievous expression. Clearly needs more ring experience as confidence was not the problem.
Junior D/B ( 2,1 abs.)
1. Mr & Mrs Kirby’s Min. Pin. TUBIZE DU BEKE WITH KIRBSEA. Very confident showman with alert erect ears, depth to chest, short strong loin and straight topline sloping a little from withers to tailset. Impressively sound and well balanced both standing and on the move with good rear angulation and correct hackney front action. Shame he was somewhat large relative to breed norms.
Post Graduate D/B ( 5,1 abs. )
1. Mrs L J Woolmore’s Bichon Frise STARLIGHT KISSES. Very happy, confident and soundly made with a compact body and good pigmentation. Loved her enthusiasm for showing herself to best effect. I would also have said in well presented coat were it not for the tearstains.Res. Best AVNSC
2. Mr D A & Mrs C M Mulligan’s Bolognese DONOCIELO GIULIETTA. Nice compact size, excellent pigmentation and in good coat. Keen showgirl moving briskly.
3. Edward’s TONSARNE EMMERSON WITH SHARBOUR
Open ( 4,1 abs. )
1. Mulligan’s Bolognese.DONOCIELO SERAPHINO. Another with excellent pigmentation,compact size and a huge enthusiasm for showmanship. The general standard for soundness amongst the toys in these classes was quite high, but this was the one I liked best.Best AVNSC
2. Edward’s Chinese Crested SPECKLED LAD OF FOALDOWN NAF.A veteran in age and a little overweight but very soundly constructed and hard to fault on the move. Up to size, but a lovely example of the breed.
3. Kirby’s VARDENAIS LIMINI WITH KIRBSEA
1. Mr R Forsythe’s ETT. CH WITCHSTONE TOMMY HAWK AT RICHPIN JW
2. Mrs S Brown-Percival’s S/Chih. COPYMEAR CACTUS FLOWER WITH SANDIMAN JW
3. LT. CDR. B & Mrs P Cox’s Pap. CH, TRICIANBRI TUPPENCE A KISS JW ShCM
4. Mesd. Beech & Schofield’s Pug TIDEMILL AUSTIN POWERS
Toy Puppy Group
1. Forsythe’s ETT WITCHSTONE RAINDANCE AVEC RICHPIN
2. Brown-Percival’s Chin LITTLETIGERS FANCY DANCER AT SANDIMAN (IMP ITA)
3. Mrs L Brown’s Pap. ZOLOTO LUCKY WINNER
4. Mrs L M Yeates’ MERRYANNA EASTER BUDDY
AV Champion Stakes (23)
1. Mr P Protheroe’s Min.S/H Dachs. CH PICOLLO TECKEL NEVER SAY NEVER AT ROYALMAPLE JW (Imp. Rus.)
2. Miss C Nolcini’s GSD. CH BROADMAYNES ECLIPSE TO NOLMACDON JW ShCM
3. Mrs PJ Bevis’ Tib. Span. CH SOUSKA EMPTY ROOM AT STARLANCE JW ShCM
4. Mr B Bull & Mrs C., Miss l Warren’s Shar Pei CH ZARALEE HUSSELL AND BUSSELL WITH STARFERRY ShCM (Imp. Ire.)
5. Mrs V Bowen’s F/C Retr. CH CANDILIZ BLACK ADMIRAL FOR CLANDRIFT JW ShCM
AV. Members Open Stakes ( 27)
1. CH BROADMAYNES ECLIPSE TO NOLMACDON JW ShCM
2. CH ZARALEE HUSSELL AND BUSSELL WITH STARFERRY ShCM (imp. Ire.)
3. Mesd. Etches & Perry’s Swed. Vall. STARVON CRYPTIC SPYDA
4. Mesd. Dukes & Rogers’ Cesky JANSKI THEODORE
5. Mrs L Holt’s Fox Terr.(Wire) SELVINA GO GO GLORIA