- Date: 27/01/2019
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Dawn Rose Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Chichester & District Canine Society
Chichester and District Canine Society
Thanks to the committee for the invitation and to the stewards who made my job easy with their efficiency.
1. Phillips Lindenmarsh Give Me Shelter Stood alone. 7 month puppy bitch with well developed skull with good stop. Clean neck set well into shoulders, well sprung ribs and compact body. Good bone and substance and super cat like feet. When settled moved with drive. BP
Post Grad (2,1)
1. Whites Merrysprings Magic Star 13 month old dog, excellent head properties with square muzzle and well defined stop. Good length of neck into sloping shoulder, level topline and correct tailset. Well bodied with deep brisket, good substance and moved with drive. BOB
1. Whites Merrysprings Magic Star
1. Randle’s Corranroo Odin’s Kiss to Rionore 9 month dog in excellent coat and condition. Super head of correct proportions with well defined occiput and deep muzzle, muscular neck set well into shoulders, well boned and elbows set well against ribs. Deep through the chest, level topline. Gave handler a hard time but moved well when settled. BP
Post Grad (3,1)
1. Williams Kirkavagh Final Decision Dog in excellent coat and condition which gave him the class ahead of 2. Super masculine head with good proportions. Classic outline with correct gently sloping topline, deep chest and well sprung ribs carried well back. Excellent bone and well arched feet. Moved well with drive.
2. Brown’s Baystrider Bluebell. Not in her best coat today. Feminine head with lovely expression, clean well set shoulders, good topline and moved well.
Limit (3, 1)
1. Randle’s Forfarian’s Hidden Secret with Rionore. Super masculine dog with excellent head properties, clean arched neck into sloping shoulders, well boned legs and good arched feet. Deep through the brisket and well sprung ribs, muscular loin and firm topline. Moved well with drive. Worthy RBOB on close decision.
2. Brown’s Baystrider Candy Floss Feminine head with good proportions, level topline and good tailset. In good condition. Gave handler a hard time on the move which affected her stride and flow.
1. Hall’s Glennara Cilleigne Dervla (Imp IKC) Feminine in every way, super head with good proportions and lovely expression. In excellent coat and condition, good neck set well into excellent shoulders. Deep through the brisket and well ribbed, plenty of substance and muscular rear quarters, movement true going and coming and super coverage of ground on side gait. BOB
Flat Coated Retriever
1. Swan’s Swantonwood Gold Leaf Headed super class of puppies. 10 month old, well moulded, broad head with intelligent expressive eyes, small ears and open nostrils. Good length of neck, set well into shoulders, deep through the chest, well ribbed body and short loin. Reasonable bend of stifle and well let down hocks. Moved well with drive. BP Gundog Puppy Group 2
2. Strudwick’s Flatcharm Miss Lotsa Love For Burpham Not as mature as first and topline wasn’t as good today but classic head with good neck and shoulders. In excellent coat and moved well with drive from excellent rear angulation.
3. Oxford’s Matlaras Spirit of Dunkirk for Tarabeck
1. Osborne-Brown’s Perrymel Days of Thunder. Excellent head of correct proportions, good length of neck set well into shoulders, well ribbed body and short loin with well developed hindquarters and well let down hocks. Moved well.
2. Swan’s Swantonwood Gold Leaf
Post Graduate (2)
1. Bellamy’s Moontorn Goddess of Love. Typical head of excellent proportions, good length of neck, set well into shoulders, deep chest and well ribbed, short in the loin, excellent topline. Moved straight and true coming and going and covered ground well from side view. BOB
2. Thomas’ Lizzlog Moonshine Super head properties, excellent bone and substance, topline not as strong as first, good front and rear angulation.
1. Owen’s Clandrift Midnight Galaxy. Super moulded head with classic flat skull and slight stop, deep chest, excellent bone and substance, moderate in stifle and well let down hocks. Moved well. RBOB
2. Bellamy’s Bochilbarley Blue Moon (AI) good head, excellent body with lengthy neck, well set into shoulders. Preferred the front movement of 1 on the day.
1. Gray’s Trimere Time Tracker Super pup, strong in build and happy in attitude. Correct head proportions with super stop on medium sized skull and with ears set in line with well set dark eyes. Excellent length of neck, well laid back shoulders. Deep chest and well sprung ribs. Excellent bone and substance, straight forelegs and moderate bend of stifle with broad width in thigh. Excellent feet. When settled, movement was propelled from strong hocks and was true viewed from every angle BP Gundog Puppy Group 4
2. Glass’s Gunring My Boy Another super well boned pup with masculine head compact body and well sprung ribs. Just preferred the movement of 1 on the day.
3. Parr’s Gunring April Lady at Ashring
1. Weyman’s Spuffing Tanqueray Bitch with excellent substance and coat. Good reach of neck into well laid shoulders, straight forelegs with good strong pasterns. Excellent rear with well let down hocks. Moved well and covered the ground with ease when viewed from the side.
Post Graduate (5,4)
1. West’s Grosbreuil Abricot Regal Lovely bitch in excellent coat and condition. Well moulded head in correct proportions, good length of neck, well laid back shoulders, deep through the chest and strong muscular loin. Moved well with drive. RBOB
2. Weyman’s Spuffing Tanqueray
3. Twilley’s Kingsheath Asuka
1. Twilley’s Mompesson Royal Dreamer Super dog of great substance and super attitude. Excellent neck and well laid back shoulders, deep chest and well spring ribs. Front legs strong and straight and moderatley angulated at rear with broad thighs and well let down hocks. Moved true coming and going and covered the ground well from side view BOB Gundog Group 4
2. West’s Meonstoke Cherry Blossom at Grosbreuil Similar remarks apply but just preferred the movement of 1. Excellent head and neck with balanced angulation front and rear. Super feet.
3. Hydon’s Clentonian Pandemonium JW
1. McDonald-Watt’s Cochen Hocus Pocus Larger frame dog in good coat and condition. Good head properties, long reachy neck with well laid back shoulders, correct length of rib and deep through the chest. Good driving movement.
2. Watt’s Elgert Surprise Surprise Not in such good coat as first and not as positive on the move today but has lovely classic outline with super feminine head.
Post Graduate (3)
1. Webber’s Fecimus The Kings Troop at Trevoris Liver dog with good head and excellent neck and shoulders, good length of rib correct topline. Driving movement with long stride.
2. Underwoods Coverwell Black Grouse Black dog with similar attributes. Good head and body properties, moved well. Not quite as confident as 1 on the day.
1. Bowen’s Kingsmist Rose at Clandrift Liver bitch who’s super driving movement won her this class and BOB Good head with excellent proportions, excellent length of neck into super front angulation matched by equal rear angles.
2. Ford & Stone’s Coverwell Back to Black with Sonnetend. Simialr remarks apply but not quite so positive on the move and slightly lacking in coat compared to first. RBOB
Post Graduate (1)
1. Tubb’s Slapestones Tidal Wave for Alsutu Stood alone as I was told there was a breed Championship locally which affected the entry. Good size with typical domed head with good stop. In excellent coat and condition, good bone and substance, excellent feet good stifles and well set tail. Positive straight movement BOB
1. Rose’s Braccorions Meant to be with Piccorino Bracco Italiano This bitch took my eye from the first glance. What a stunner. Fits the standard so well. Super head properties with classic deep muzzle, pronounced occiput and spongy nose. Powerful neck into well load back shoulders, strong straight front legs and slightly sloping pasterns. Broad, deep chest and well sprung ribs. Moved so straight and true, driving powerfully from excellent hindquarters. BAVNSC Puppy, Gundog Puppy Group 1.
2. Longhurst’s Hurstmeon Bit of a Pickle Chocolate Labrador. Super type with good bone and substance, Good neck and well laid back shoulders, Good rear angulation and level topline with correct tail and tailset. Moved true from every angle.
1. Grantham’s Mizani Diora Rose Lagotto Romagnolo In excellent coat and condition. Nothing overdone about this bitch, correct head proportions, muscular neck, moderate front and rear angles moved well.
2. Smith’s Tivalake Anything Goes at Tollisty NSDTR Smaller bitch with wedge shaped head, well laid back shoulders and well sprung ribs. Movement not as positive as 1.
Post Graduate (6,1a)
1. White’s Donacre Wiggle’n’Giggle at Lunapet Labrador well bodied and muscled bitch who has great bone and substance. Stands foresquare and moves true on well rounded feet from well angulated hindquarters. RBAVNSC Gundog
2. Skeet’s Sanbosier Naia Brittany Square cobby body, good head proportions, deep through the chest, moderate bend of stifle. Presents a super outline when stood but gets a bit erratic on the move.
3. Crofts Micklemess Just Looking Clumber Spaniel
1. Strevens Sh Ch Erikachen Conaire at Tollisty JW ShCM SHCEX NSDTR Dog in superb coat and condition. Moved true front and rear with excellent reach and ground coverage when viewed from the side. Wedge shaped head with almond shaped eyes, muscular neck into well laid back shoulders. Deep through the chest and well sprung ribs. Balanced all through. BAVNSC Gundog, Gundog Group 2.
2. Field & Burgess’ Adhemar Dalmary GWP Excellent head with moderate stop. Strong neck into sloping shoulders. Straight forelegs and compact feet. Well sprung ribs and strong well muscled hindquarters giving good ground covering movement.
3. Grantham’s Mizani Dorocco Raffaele Lagotto Romagnolo
I had a superb line up for the Gundog group and was spoilt for choice. The best Gundog was the Pointer, Welch & Hazeltine’s Pytchley Chasing The Dream for Hookwood. My notes say stunning from every angle. Moved well with drive and pace. Good bone and substance, excellent in head and correct construction front and rear. He went on to RBIS
2nd Sh Ch Erikachen Conaire at Tollisty JW ShCM SHCEX NSDTR
3rd Hernwood Jack O’Lantern by Rackens Gordon Setter
4th Mompesson Royal Dreamer ESS
Gundog Puppy Group
Lovely selection of puppies.
1. Braccorions Meant to be with Piccorino Bracco Italiano
2. Swantonwood Gold Leaf Flat Coated Retriever
3. Goosepoint Waddington at Abbanash (AI) German Shorthaired Pointer
4. Trimere Time Tracker ESS
Dawn Rose (Judge)