- Show Date: 03/01/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Vanessa Cox Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Boston & District Canine Society
Boston Ch Show 2019 - Norwich Terriers
1. Crawley’s Ragus Time Of My Life. Quality pup, so cobby and compact in appearance. Masculine well balanced head, neat ears and very dark oval eyes all aiding his keen expression. Strong legs, nice tight elbows, good length of neck flowing into well laid shoulders, level topline and well set on tail. First class presentation with harsh jacket and good undercoat. Free and easy movement with good drive from behind. Pleased to award him RBD and BP.
1. Smith’s Javidel Walk In The Park. Mature cobby dog with an attractive masculine head, well placed ears, broad skull, dark oval eyes and good bite. Nicely put together with plenty of substance, nice tight elbows, would like a touch more neck, level topline and well set on tail. Shown in lovely coat and condition. Moved out soundly with good drive from behind.
1. Crawley’s CH Ragus Scouts Honour. This quality dog stood out for me, so cobby and compact with a beautifully balanced outline. Gorgeous well balanced head and bright intelligent expression, neat ears, darkest of eyes and very good bite. Well boned, lovely deep well ribbed body with nice tight elbows, level topline and well set on tail. Shown in fabulous coat and condition. Moved out true both ways with a free and easy gait with good parallel rear movement. Pleased to award him BD and BOB.
2. Hayes’ Ragus Fabulous Clown SHCM. A lovely typy dog, pleasing size just slightly longer cast than the winner so not quite so compact looking, but has plenty of substance and bone. Attractive head and expression, dark oval eyes and very good bite. Strong neck, level top line and tail set on well. Shown in great condition and sporting a harsh jacket. So well-schooled, he moved out with good drive from behind, just a touch wide in front coming on.
1. Hayes’ Ragus Fabulous Clown SHCM. Scored on maturity and showmanship in the challenge for best special beginner just pipping his younger kennel mate for Best Overall Special Beginner in Breed.
1. Hayes’ Ragus Seven Jumps. Charming little girl showing lots of promise, a bit out of coat, but nothing to hide and it is a harsh texture. Feminine head with a well-shaped skull, neat ears and dark oval eyes all giving a bright expression. Strong neck, well laid shoulders, cobby body with a level topline and well set on tail. Moved out with a good stride and parallel rear movement. Very attentive showgirl too. One to watch.
1. Hayes’ Ragus Seven Jumps. see notes above
1. Watkins Alantro Step To It. RBB. Typy girl, good for size with plenty of substance. Pleasing feminine head, keen expression, neat well placed ears, dark eyes and good bite. Strong neck flowing into well laid shoulders, a shade longer in back. Well presented in a good harsh jacket, she moved soundly with good reach and drive. Pleased to award her RBB.
2. Graves’ Ragus Angel In Pearls. Compact little girl and totally out of coat and furnishings at the moment. Well off for bone, pretty head, neat ears and very dark eyes. Strong neck, well laid shoulders, short level back and well set on tail. Moved out with a good stride, just a touch wide in front coming on.
1. Crawley & Jones’ Ragus Silk Moth. Top quality lady chock full of breed type. Good for size and so compact and cobby. Georgeous head, muzzle to skull head ratio just right, neat well placed ears, darkest of eyes giving a bright expression. Short strong legs, lovely flow of neck into a deep, well ribbed body with nice tight elbows. Good topline and tail set on. Shown in great coat of correct harsh texture. Moved soundly with excellent reach and drive Pleased to award her BB.
1. Hayes’ Ragus Seven Jumps. See puppy bitch notes.
Vanessa Cox (Judge)