- Date: 05/07/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Pauline Luxmoore-Ball Contact Judge
- Published Date: 14/09/2019
East Of England Agricultural Society
DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
This breed should be athletic, powerful and muscular however at the moment there is quite a lot of diversity in the standard of dogs being shown. Concern that heads are heading towards being ‘overdone’, this may be something that breeders need to watch, a day of compromises. Some dogs struggled in the heat of the day.
1. Moran’s Aibrean Cosmonaut. Slightly ten to two, good overall balance, slightly untidy going away, balanced, broad, masculine head, BP.
2. Hargreaves’ Aibrean Rocketman. Again ten to two, stronger behind than 1st but a little finer in skull, could have been handled to better advantage.
1. Petch’s Rocket in the Sky. Balanced and moved well in profile, nicely muscled and pleasing head.
2. Rance’s Argolympus The Royalist. Head quite overdone, good bone and substance, a little exuberant on the move, a little too much all over for me.
1. Kirk’s Stridougues Rollo Stillastar. Younger dog, clean head and slightly smaller, good bone, would prefer more condition, RBD.
2. Hargreaves’ Brulerdouges Tornado. Again would benefit from better handling, movement was adequate. Would have preferred a cleaner head.
3. McCoy’s Loggerheads Star Man at Bullshola.
1. Rainger’s Loggerheads Creed. Balanced and understated with good bone, covered ground but started to struggle in the heat, BD & BOB.
2. McCoy’s Bellamiabam’s Just Two of Us at Bullshola. Much bigger overall and a little squarer than I would like. Again, just a bit too much overall.
1. Hargreaves’ Aibrean Rocketman. BSpB.
1. Moran/McAlinden’s Aibrean Belladonna at Redashbud. Substantial but not too much, good head and moved well with correct head carriage.
2. Moran’s Aibrean Almeria. Promising 7 month old puppy, nice feet, pleasing head.
3. Smith’s Kinqueen’s Star Shopper.
1. Grice/Clarkson’s Fairhero Go West Ir Jun Ch, CJW ’19. Perfectly handled and moved well, correct head carriage on the move, would prefer a better underjaw.
2. Circuitt’s Rougeamour A Goodbye Gift. Preferred head to 1st but just acted up throughout the class, stood well over ground but hard to assess movement, handling needs to improve to show to better advantage.
1. Brunger/Rainger’s Loggerheads Summer Love. Would have preferred more condition however won RBB on movement.
1. Brunger/Rainger’s Loggerheads Wishing On A Star. Good proportions, croup and feet, carrying good muscle and pleasing head, progressively lack lustre on the move in the challenge for BOB, BB.
2. Tibbs’ Zeleski Crystal Bullet. Didn’t have the proportions of 1st but pleasing feminine head and moved with enthusiasm, a close call for this class.
3. Burnikell’s Embrez Laney.