- Date: 03/01/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Michael Patrick Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Boston & District Canine Society
BOSTON & DISTRICT CANINE SOCIETY 2019
Judge : MICHAEL PATRICK
May I first thank the committee for invitation to judge at such a well-run show, also many thanks to all the exhibitors who took time in entering.
MIN PUPPY DOG(2/0)
1. MRS K WALKER – JACALOUS TORNADO. 7-month-old grey and white, good head qualities with lovely dark eye. Pleasing front and rear with good angulation. Firm topline held on the move. For one so young move well both coming and going.
2. MISS S WOLFE – DREAMWOLVES HES’S GOT DAT VIBE. Another young boy at only 6 months of age. Again, with good head qualities as first, nice arch to the neck into well laid back shoulders. Front and rear parallel and true, presented in excellent condition, felt just needed a touch more on the front end, close decision that could so easily be reversed.
1. MRS K TINKER – ZALTANA KISS MY PAWS AT LOLOTEA (IMP POL). Lovely black and white boy, nice proportions, good ear size and placement, nice dark eye with correct placement. From the side a nicely arched neck to a strong set of shoulders. Pleasing front and rear being straight and true. Movement very sound for such a young dog.
2. MRS RANBY – SIBERIADRIFT WOLF MOON. A little raw needing a time to settle. Good proportions with a nicely balanced head. Good front and rear, parallel and true, clean shoulders and good bend to stifle. Topline not as good as first ut held well on the move.
3. MRS E A SMITH – SNOQUALMIE CAPTAIN MORGAN AT ARCTICSWIRL
1. MRS K TINKER – ZALTANA KISS MY PAWS AT LOTOTEA (IMP POL). As above.
2. MRS M M THOMAS – EDDARD STARK THE WINTER OF BAIKOL (IMP SP). Well proportioned grey and white boy. Good head qualities, nice size and shape to ears with correct placement. Good front and rear angles, well arched neck, nicely spaced forelegs with just enough forechest. Sound movement.
3. MRS RANBY – SIBERIADRIFT WOLF MOON
4. MISS MIDGLEY – NATIVESPIRITS LEGACY
YEARLING DOG (3/0)
1. MRS MENCEL – FIDIS SACHEMS DREAM (IMKP PL). Another well put together dog. Nice proportions all round, good head qualities, expressive and alert. Nicely arched neck, parallel front and rear, good bone and a slight angulation to pastern. Topline level, good tail set and parallel hocks. Unsure of the floor at times which could be seen in his movement.
2. MRS M M THOMAS – EDDARD STARK THE WINTER OF BAIKOL (IMP SP). As above
3. MISS MIDGLEY – NATIVESPIRITS LEGACY
POST GRAD DOG(5/0)
1. MRS D & MR S LAPTEVA & TROSKOT – HEARTBREAKER KID LEGEND OF THE SPIRIT IN AMBERSNOW (IMP POL). Two year red and white male presented in excellent condition. Nice proportions to head however ears a little wider than I prefer. Side on showing a good arch of neck, good angulation front and rear, with correct bone. Good feet, well angulated pastern, good underline, correct tail position and carriage. Sound movement.
2. MR D A & MRS R J & Mr A SIMMS & EAGLES – WWP18 ARCTICSKIES ARTFUL DODGER AT SPIRITMIST. A difficult choice to make between first and second which came down to personal choice in the end. Again presented in excellent condition, nice proportions with a well angulated front and rear. Forequarters straight and true, sufficient bone, tight feet with slight angulation to pastern. Moved with drive and purpose round the ring.
3. MRS K TINKER – ZALTANA MIDNIGHT EXPRESS AT LOLOTEA (IMP POL) SHCM
4. MRS MENCEL – FIDIS SACHEMS DREAM (IMP POL)
LIMIT DOG (5/2)
1. MRS R J SIMMS – SNOWMISTS ISSAC AT ARCTICSKIES JW SHCM (IMP CAN) BW18. Two year old black and white male. Very nice example of the breed however at this point just carrying a little more than I would prefer. Nicely proportioned, super head very alert and expressive. Good arch to neck into a strong shoulder. Front and rear both parallel, straight and true. Super topline that is held well while moving with purpose and drive around the ring.
2. MR C S WICKERS – VUKASIN DANCE WITH DRAGONS TAF. A young and very composed handler with a three year old red and white male. Presented in excellent condition. Head qualities were good with correct ear and eye placement. Good forechest with legs straight and parallel, feet to front. Good topline, nice depth to chest, tail very slightly higher than what I would prefer. Always moved well around the ring under the control of his handler.
3. MRS K WALKER – SKIMARQUE TEMPEST NICO
1. MISS J ALLEN – CH SIBERIADRIFT KEEP THE LOVE FOR ZIMAVOLK JW SHCM. Possibly the hardest class of the day to judge with many quality dogs leaving without a green card. This two year old red and white male showed full of confidence. Good head qualities, very alert, all in proportion. Good strong neck into a well laid back shoulder, nice depth to chest. Pleasing front and rear with good angulation. Great profile showing a level topline that can be seen well on the move. BOB
2. MRS P & MRS H TAYLOR & TAYLOR-MORRIS – CH PELENRISE BRITE KNIGHT JW SHCM. Judged last as a puppy it is clearly evident this dog has changed so much. Good head with correct ear and eye placement, nice arched neck into a now strong set of shoulders and front. Forelegs straight and true and to the front, good feet and slight angulation to pastern. At 6 years holds his topline well and seen on the move. Covers the ground with ease and purpose. RCC
3. MISS S WHATSLEY – WINTER MELODY PERFECT TROUBLE
4. MISS K WATERFIELD – DUTCH CH ANUNIAQ NO ONE LIKE YOU GERCEKASK (IMP BEL)
1. MISS L COLEMAN – BRISTEPH COLVILLE FOR RHYKIA. At 7 years young this dog is still in good condition and is able to move easily around the ring. A little heavier than last I judged this boy but kept in good condition. Good head qualities, pleasing front and rear with good angulation. Nice to see both front and rear are straight and true, topline good and tail position and carriage correct.
SPECIAL BEGINNERS DOG (4/0)
1. MRS RANBY – SIBERIADRIFT WOLF MOON. As above second in puppy class
2. MR C S WICKERS – VUKASIN DANCE WITH DRAGONS TAF. As above second in limit
3. MRS K WALKER – SKIMARQUE TEMPEST NICO
4. MRS E A SMITH – SNOQUALMIE CAPTAIN MORGAN AT ARCTICSWIRL
GOOD CITIZEN (1/1)
MINOR PUPPY BITCH(4/1)
1. MISS J ALLEN – ZIMAVOLKS FORCE AWAKEND. Six month grey and white bitch, just a baby but a lovely feminine girl. Loving her head with many pleasing qualities. Lovely proportions throughout, good arch to her neck into a well placed shoulder. Nice amount of forechest, legs parallel and true with feet to front, slight angulation to pastern. To the side showing a lovely outline with a good level topline, correct tail placement and carriage. Moved well at times, needs a little more confidence.
2. MR M & MS J KENT & SUTTON – JACALOUS FIRE N ICE AT LYFEARON. Another lovely young puppy with very little separating them, roles could so easily be reversed on another day. Presented in excellent condition, another good example in the breed. Pleasing head qualities, lovely outline showing a well arched neck into a good shoulder. Front and rear straight and true, topline level and angulated well. Moved well.
3. MISS P BENGE – ICEDRIFTS JUST DIVINE
1. MISS S NORLEY – ARCTICSKIES BOLD AS BRASS WITH SNODIVA. Another young bitch showing so much confidence. Expertly handled throughout the day giving her BPIB. A rich dark red girl with great head qualities and a superb outline. Great arch to her neck leading into a level topline. Well laid back shoulders and a straight and true front end, parallel and feet to front. Rear angulation good, with correct tail set and carriage. Movement was effortless covering ground with ease.
2. MR M & MS J KENT & SUTTON – JACALOUS FIRE N ICE AT LYFEARON. As above in minor puppy.
3. MR C & MRS J NICHOLLS – ARCTICSKIES BLACK TRUFFLE FOR SHYLLAR
4. K A COLEMAN – SIBERIADRIFT LUNAR ELLIPSE
1. MRS M M THOMAS – SHIMANI KALINKA. A young 12 month old bitch, grey and white, making her handler work hard for the win. Lovely feminine head with plenty of good qualities. Good proportions throughout, nicely angulated to front and rear. Parallel front with sufficient amount of bone. Feet tight and to the front with slight angulation to pastern. Level topline and nicely put together rear. Moved well.
2. MISS S J & MRS N J WICKERS & MUNDAY – JACALOUS CATCH ME IF YOU CAN FOR VUKASIN. Another young junior, slightly heavier set than first however well in proportion. Super quality head with good ear size and set. Nice arch to the neck into a good shoulder. Yet another strong front. Carries her topline well, tail set and carriage good. Presented and handled well.
3. MS T & MR I LANCASTER & ADDISON – LEORIENT SPELLBOUND FOR BORTREECE
4. MRS M M THOMAS – SHIMANI KISHMA
1. MRS M M THOMAS – SHIMANI KALINKA. As above in junior bitch
2. MISS S J & MRS N J WICKERS & MUNDAY – JACALOUS CATCH ME IF YOU CAN FOR VUKASIN. As above in junior bitch.
3. MISS S WHATSLEY – WINTER MELODY HOLY MOLY ITS TROUBLE
4. MRS M M THOMAS – SHIMANI KISHMA
POST GRADUATE BITCH(3/1)
1. MISS L COLEMAN – SIBERIADRIFT KEEP DREAMING FOR RHYKIA. A lovely deep red bitch with a nice feminine head and stunning outline. Very nice qualities to the head flowing into a well arched neck and a super topline. Strong front with legs straight and true with a slight angle to the pastern. Lovely profile view showing the nicely angulated rear. Tail set and position correct, Moved well.
2. MISS A J WILKINSON – CYANDAS PERFECT ILLUSION. A nice young grey girl, a little nervous today and without her coat. Good quality feminine head, strong neck and shoulders. Good front with legs straight and true, nice tight feet and good angulation to pastern. Topline not as good as one, moved well.
1. MRS G LAWRENCE – SKIMARQUE ANASTASIA VIA ALASCOTIA. A lovely two year old red and white girl that took my eye as she entered the ring. A feminine head with so many qualities, expressive and alert. A strong flowing neck into a strong shoulder placement. A firm topline continues to a correct tail position. Good depth of chest with plenty space to breath. Legs straight and true with feet tight and to the front with slight angulation to pastern. Quality profile view showing nicely angulated rear and correct proportions. Movement was light and effortless with plenty of drive from the rear. A strong class winner taking her first CC.
2. MRS K HUGHES – SIBERIADRIFT KEEP FOREVER JW SHCM. A strong challenger in this class, similar in many ways to the class winner. Head qualities were good, overall profile was good showing angulation, Front and rear straight and true, topline good but not as the class winner. Movement showed drive and reach . RCC
3. MR C & MRS J NICHOLLS – ARCTICSKIES GOT IT FLAUNT IT FOR SHYLLAR
4. MRS S & MR M P DOWNEY & LAST – SNOQUALMIE KHIONE
1. MISS A J WILKINSON – JACALOUS MIRRA IMAGE OF CYANDA JW SHCM. Another quality class of bitches to be judged where on another day results could be so different. A quality 4 year old girl, feminine head with many qualities. Nicely arched neck, good depth of chest, and a strong front that was straight and true. Profile view shows correct proportions, a nicely angulated rear with level topline and correct tail placement. Movement was light and free.
2. MRS E ASHCROFT – NINLIL OF POLIARINE ARKTIKA OVER ZANJELIC JW SHCM (IMP LTU). Another bitch formerly judged in the past having done well when as a puppy. My opinion not having changed however at this time is carrying a little more than I would prefer. Lovely feminine head with all the characteristics I like, nicely arched neck going into a level topline. Profile view showing all the right characteristics and angulation. Front and rear straight and true. Moved with drive and purpose.
3. MISS S WHATSLEY – CH HYPERBOREA TANTUM GLITTERING VIOLET IMP
4. MRS M M THOMAS – FOXFILE HEYJUDE (IMP SA)
1. MR K F ROBINSON – CH NASHANESSEN PATRICIA AMONG RIGRUNNER. At over eleven years young and able to out move many in the ring today. Lovely feminine head, good clean lines throughout, strong arched neck to strong shoulders, Strong topline. Front and rear nicely angulated.
SPECIAL BEGINNERS (1/0)
1. MRS E A SMITH – SNOQUALMIE TALISKA SKYE AT ARCTICSWIRL. At only ten months of age still only a puppy, little nervous today and missing her coat. A nice feminine head with good qualities. A little lighter than what I would prefer even without her coat. Seemed more settled on the move since her previous class entries, possibly just need a little more time.