- Date: 05/07/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Kirsty Watts Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
East Of England Agricultural Society
East of England Agricultural Society Championship Show 7/7/19
Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
1) Mahon, Hunns & Newton’s, Arnac Bay Huron at Bergelle A very smart 11mth old dog, who caught my eye as soon as he entered the ring. Very nice head, masculine but not overdone, well placed ears of good size and shape, enough width and breadth and matching length of muzzle, medium stop, kind clear amber eye, complete scissor bite, tight thin lips. Strong neck of medium length, level back, short loin, well tucked up, correct tail set. Good layback of shoulder, straight well boned legs with correct slightly sloping pastern and tight feet. Ample forechest, depth and spring of rib for age. Moderate balanced angulation to rear. Dense wavy coat of correct oily texture. Expertly handled, he excelled on the move, smooth, effortless and with reach and drive, and this gave him the edge for BP, BD and BOB. One to watch!
1) Mayhew’s Sh Ch Arnac Weatherdeck Buoy A masculine 3 1/2yr old dog. Happy expressive dog. Neat ears of good size and shape, well set on masculine head, broad and round with moderate stop, slightly shorter nose. Medium sized amber eyes set wide apart. Complete scissor bite, tight lips. Strong neck of enough length, good forechest, well sprung ribs of good depth and length, strong well muscled short coupled back, slightly raising topline with correct tail set. Moderate angulation fore and aft. Well boned legs. Short dense coat not at it’s best today. Moved with a steady gait. RBD
1) Mayhew’s Arnac Bay Hebe A lovely 11mth old bitch pup of bright and happy disposition. Strong head, broad round skull with moderate stop and medium length to muzzle. Well set ears of medium leather and good shape. Acceptable very clear yellow eyes, medium sized, set wide apart. Complete scissor bite. Strong neck of medium length, well laid back shoulder with corresponding return of upper arm. Chest well developed for age. Well sprung ribs, short coupled and strong. Well boned straight legs with slight slope to pastern and tight well webbed hare feet. Strong well muscled hind quarters with well turned stifles and straight hocks. Gorgeous thick puppy coat with dense fine woolly undercoat and harsh oily upper, on the blow but still the best coat of the day. Moved out powerfully with reach and drive. Overall balance and breed type won her the BB & RBOB
1) Pont’s Penrose Hash Brown Rising 3yr old bitch. Smart rising 3yr old bitch. Neat feminine head of correct proportions with kind eye and expression. Tight lips. Complete scissor bite. Medium length of neck, moderately angulated shoulder and corresponding return of upper arm. Straight legs. Enough forechest, depth and spring of rib. Strong correct topline and well tucked up. Well muscled moderately angulated rear. Athletic balanced looking bitch, moved with reach and drive. Unfortunately left her coat at home. RBB
2) Mayhew’s Arnac Bay Flax A sturdy workmanlike 6yr old bitch. Kind eye, happy and alert disposition. Head broad and round with medium stop and good length of muzzle. A correct scissor bite would have completed the picture. Well set ear of medium leather. Enough length of neck, well laid back shoulder and matching return of upper arm. Good forechest with well boned legs sitting well under the withers. Slightly sloping pastern and tight feet. Strong back with correct slight rise to croup. Ribs well back to medium length of loin. Would prefer more spring of rib for a mature bitch. Well turned stifle and good length to rear pastern. Not in her best coat or condition today. Moved out well in profile.