- Show Date: 17/01/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Jonathan Daltrey Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Manchester Dog Show Society
MANCHESTER CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 2019
GERMAN SHORT-HAIRED POINTERS
I thoroughly enjoyed this prestigious appointment as a replacement judge and I wish Mr Drysdale a speedy recovery. Thank you to the exhibitors for the incredible good sportsmanship and applause throughout the judging. I wish that I had had more CC’s to award as I felt that competition for the major awards was very strong and I was also very impressed by the quality of youngster coming through. I really did enjoy my day.
MINOR PUPPY DOG (3)
1. GOOSEPOINT WADDINGTON AT ABBANASH. Here was a really super masculine head with no coarseness and lots of appeal. He’s very well-balanced with a lovely straight front and tight, well-padded feet. He’s up to size but has good body proportions and moved with good propulsion from muscled quarters if perhaps not in a totally straight line, but he’s young and has time to sort himself out. A good future prospect.
2. FLEETAPPLE FABIAN. A youngster with a wonderful outline, strong top-line and total balance and better depth than the winner for his age but he is still very raw in other departments and is giving a lot away. A sound moving baby who needs to develop in head and firm up in pastern and of course has plenty of time to do so. He is another very good future prospect.
3. KAZANPAUL WAR HORSE.
PUPPY DOG (4)
1. BARLEYARCH RUGER AT BIMINI. A very exciting puppy who makes a lovely shape stood and once settled, on the move too. He has the very best of harsh jackets, a superb head and eye, a firm top-line and powerful driving action and a lovely temperament. I was pleased to award him BPIB. I am told that I gave his sire a CC, the first time that I judged this charming breed.
2. FLEETAPPLE FABIAN
3. EASESPRINGS OBERON AT NUASH
JUNIOR DOG (3)
1. BARLEYARCH PRINGLE JW. My notes say ‘A STUNNER!’ He is a truly great juvenile with real breed type and lots of presence. I loved his head and eye, his outline, top-line and movement. So precise and easy on the move, driving away from well-muscled quarters, showing reach in front, he flows from nose to tail. He still needs to drop a little and mature on, but he impressed me greatly and I could not resist giving him the CC, in excellent company. I am now told that I gave his mother the CC and BOB ( also from the Junior Class) when I first judged the breed at The Welsh Kennel Club.
2. BOOTON AMALFI OF LOLLITONK. Another with a really lovely head which is so well-balanced with the kindest of eyes, if totally different from the winner. There’s lots to like here too although he’s a taller and rangier type. He just needs time to fill out and he will do well but today wasn’t quite as accurate on the move as I would like.
3. WALLBURG INDUS
POST GRADUATE DOG (5,1)
1. GRAYGEES GIGOLO. My initial thought was that this dog looked over-stretched on the stack and he looked a little un-balanced, but once he started to move and then stood himself, he really did come alive and appealed immensely. He is short and compactly built and has such an easy side-gait and real propulsion using his lovely front assembly to reach and his well-muscled quarters to drive. Another dog who needs to drop a touch in front and fill his frame. I like him a lot. I am now told that this win gives him his JW…well done!
2. KENTSTEEN DIEMEL OF LOLLITONK. A different type with a very appealing head, lovely bone but just slightly longer in loin than the winner. He is another sound side-gaiter but just not quite the propulsion as above.
3. FAYEMM GET READY FOR DUNSA.
LIMIT DOG (7,4)
1. ORCHIDSTAR BONDS OF SPEED JW. AT just 20 months this dog has real class. A lovely unexaggerated dog with super flow and total balance. I liked his impressive movement and excellent outline. He too needs to fill out a touch but has the best of bone, fronts, feet and perfect top-line and tail-set and usage.
2. TAFTAZINI CESAR CHANCE WITH SERENYMOR JW. Another very typical youngster with lots of kerb appeal. I thought that he was my immediate winner on the stack. He has lovely rib, top-line, total balance, a really super head and eye, but was so very determined that it was not to be his day and never-ever settled despite several chances. He’s most definitely one for the future.
3. KEIGAME CHILLI BEAN AT JOMEEL
OPEN DOG (9,3)
1. SH CH MAGREGOR THREESACROWD AT POTHOUSE JW ShCM. A clear winner here for me, he impressed me greatly. I have not seen this dog before and I loved his shape and also his angles front and back, his flow and body condition. He is classically male with a good harsh jacket, excellent depth and impressive movement. I was pleased to award him the Res CC and am not surprised to hear that he was top dog in the breed last year.
2. SH CH BARLEYARCH ARAIT JW ShCM. Another good dog with a very strong outline and good top-line. I felt he was slightly more ‘cheeky’ than the winner in head with not quite the same appeal in expression. He is very well-ribbed with a lovely frim rear end and moved well enough going away to take this spot.
3. SH CH ISARA KURZHAAR WIESER JW ShCM, completing a trio of very good males.
VETERAN DOG (2,1)
1. REDMIRES HIGH SOCIETY. I really did like this 8 year old an awful lot. He appeals in so many departments, an absolute cracker. He has a lovely and balanced masculine head with no coarseness, a super expressive eye and great flow with a strong top-line. He moved like a youngster and I did consider him for top honours.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (3)
1. GOOSEPOINT GIBRALTAR. This very stylish baby headed an excellent class of totally differing types, all with bundles to offer the breed going forward and will, without a doubt, all develop at different times and will definitely change places throughout their exciting careers. This winner has lovely flow, screams breed type has a great coat, front and lovely head. She is just a touch closer than ideal going away. Best Puppy Bitch.
2. PINGARYPOINT THE WAY TO KAVACANNE. Another very exciting baby with the very best of front extension…wow, such ground coverage on the move! She too has lots to like but is just a shade wider than ideal going away.
3. DRYSIKA FOXTROT, completing a fabulous trio, and by far the rawest of the three, but with bundles of type, quality and future good prospect, I loved her, but she was just giving so much away today. I think that with maturity she will trouble the best!
PUPPY BITCH (4)
1. GOOSEPOINT GIBRALTAR
2. ELFINDFREW LACERY TO VALGER. On the stack, I thought that this very typical bitch was my class winner. She appealed immensely and has a great head and eye and a super body with real maturity and quality. On the move she just couldn’t match the accuracy or correct footfall in front of the winner and sadly had to pay the price.
3. TORRANPOINT TENILLE
JUNIOR BITCH (9,4)
1. GRAYGEES FUN N’ GAMES. This bitch scored for depth and balance, if a touch roachy on the initial stack. She was in excellent condition with real muscle-tone and was the best mover in this class.
2. BARLEYARCH DORITO. A slighter type and giving a lot away, she appealed for her femininity and her square and balanced outline. She too moved very well.
3. RADSTORM LEGAL EAGLE
POST GRADUATE BITCH (11,3)
1. SOELLIS JAMIE AT IMANIZ. This bitch was just a bit on edge but had such good flow, from nose to tail and was in excellent body condition with a very correct and harsh coat and a lovely head. A touch closer than ideal going away, she did enough to take the top spot.
2. PINGARYPOINT LEGOLICIOUS. Very well-handled, she didn’t quite match the head of the winner but has lots to like. Another very good coat texture and a good and fluid mover.
3. LADYHAWKE DIZZY MISS LIZZY
1. YOCKLETT’S CORDIALE JW. My notes say ‘Wow!’ Heading a super class this bitch put on a faultless and consistent performance. I loved her proportions, size, balance, head, coat, top-line and tail-set and her ultimate hard conditioned quarters. She is one of the most compact bundles of quality that I have judged for a long while and she impressed me greatly. I had no hesitation awarding her the CC and BOB, which I am told is her crowning certificate. Well done on the Group short-list too under one of our most revered Gundog judges.
2. KEIGAME MRPHLETTE AT BENRAE. Another excellent bitch, unlucky to meet the winner on such form. This one impressed me greatly too. Very feminine, a different type, but so honestly put together and a very strong and accurate mover. I considered her seriously for top honours and I am sure that her time will come.
3. SOELLIS FANNIE ANNIE JW
OPEN BITCH (11,5)
1. PINGARYPOINT HOT TOPIC. Lots to like here, this bitch scored for me for her classically feminine head, her expressive eye, excellent bone and strong top-line and once shown at the correct speed, a faultless side-gait, covering the ground with precision and style. I was pleased to award her the Res CC.
2. SH CH BARLEYARCH PLAYTIME JW. Another lovely shape, full of breed type with a super head and eye. She was, although accurate, a touch lethargic on the move today.
3. KAZANPAUL CRÈME DE LA CRÈME.
VETERAN BITCH (1)
1. BALVENIE MIDNIGHT RAMBLER. Another very good bitch who appealed immensely. She stands four square at all times and is good to go over. I liked her head shape and expression, top-line and body proportions. For her age she was faultless on the move. I considered her for top honours too. BVIB.
JONATHAN B DALTREY. (JUDGE)