- Date: 17/01/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Jonathan Daltrey Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Manchester Dog Show Society
MANCHESTER DOG SHOW 2019
MINOR PUPPY DOG (4,1)
1. PALSHAR JUMPIG JACK FLASH. Heading a good class of decent puppies, this winner was slightly longer cast but ultra sound with a very good top-line. He’s undoubtedly up to size but has a good head shape, eye, pigment and a well-developed rear. Best Puppy Dog.
2. TAXIKI FLAME N’ FORTUNE. More compact than the winner but not as accurate going away. Masculine head with a good top-line and front, short and firm in loin with good ribbing, he moved OK.
3. ARAKI MAGIC DANCER FOR KARAMYST
PUPPY DOG (5,1)
1. WATERLEY FREE SPIRIT AT BOSHANTI. Very much up to size but without a doubt the best for scope and for movement. He has excellent body confirmation and correct angles fore and aft. He has a good top-line and croup, perfect tail-set. He could, however, be cleaner in presentation.
2. MYRLEA HAUNTED BY INK. He makes an excellent shape with a very correct head and eye, a very good top-line and tail-set with good flat feet and excellent ribbing. Less than enthusiastic on the move showing no little or no animation and subsequently paid the price. 3. PIPPALATA JIMMY RIDDLE
JUNIOR DOG (2)
1. WATERLEY CELTIC PRINCE WITH ISLANTIC. A really substantially built and sturdy male with excellent strength and muscle-tone. He has a lovely head and pigment, great expression and a superb top-line, good ribbing and feet. Presented in excellent coat, well-handled, he flows from top to toe and moved out well with enthusiasm and propulsion as required in the standard, (unlike so many here today). He showed clean rear action from correct width quarters. I wouldn’t want him any bigger but he presents a lovely balanced and square outline and I was delighted to award him the CC.
2. ROUTEENBURN AGEMEMNON AT ORZAM. A sound enough youngster but not the ‘oomph’ of the winner. He too presents a very good outline but needs to spring his rib. A good side gaiter.
POST GRADUATE DOG (8)
1. PINROW DARK TREASURE. Coat here is an issue, but once you get your hands underneath it, this dog is very well constructed, substantially built and ultra-sound. He has excellent depth and a good firm top-line, good for angulation at both ends with excellent muscle-tone, he moved well enough.
2. TIAMASTAE BOSHY NYIMA. A glamorous dog which I felt was not quite as balanced as the winner and slightly longer cast. He has a keen eye and was a free and easy, accurate mover.
3. ARAKI THRILLING WILLY AT STYLAXIAN
LIMIT DOG (12,1)
1. SNOANDA DESIGNER LABEL. A lovely type here with a great outline, shown to perfection. He has a sturdy build and is correct for angulation fore and aft with a lovely top-line, croup and tail-set. He presents a picture of total balance and moved accurately coming and going, showing reach and drive. Unlucky to meet the Junior dog in such form, he impressed me greatly and I was pleased to award him the Res CC. This dog and the second really did stand away in this large and mixed quality class.
2. BOSHANTI NEVILL. This dog really scores for size, shape and total balance. Sturdily built he has a perfect top-line, croup and tail. He presents real power and uses his well-muscled quarters and drove away showing his pads with correct width and some reach in front action too; he was close up for top honours.
3. ARAKI RENEGADE WITH TAXIKI.
OPEN DOG (7)
1. CH BARNSTORM WATERLEY UNITED BY DZINE. A quality male, who I am now informed sired most of my main winners of both sexes. He impressed me a lot on the table and moved very well in side-gait and on the up and down. He presents a good shape with excellent maturity to his body with a clean head and expressive eye. I liked him a lot and he was a clear winner here. It’s great to now be able to appreciate just how he is most definitely stamping his mark on the breed but I just felt that his young sons had that extra ‘sparkle’ in the challenge.
2. LANSANG VANILLA BLACK. Longer cast but sturdily built with the correct depth and excellent ribbing which was sadly lacking in so many today and which won him this spot in this very mixed quality class. Not as animated as I would like but he holds a good top-line and was in good jacket.
3. MYRLEA MOSTLY GHOSTLY.
VETERAN DOG (1)
1. THEMILL SAMPSON OF DRUMBATHIUE ShCM. Amazing coat and condition for his age, he moved out like a trouper with real style and precision, unlike so many of the dogs today. Compact and correct for size he deserved this first place.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (2)
1. PALSHAR TUMBLING DICE. My notes say ‘Special’. I think this raw baby really has something captivating about her. Although very raw she has a lovely head and eye, a sturdy body and frame and such scope. Excellent in front action I couldn’t deny her this class and will watch her progress with real interest.
2. SHAMISHA’S ALL THAT SASS. Beautifully presented and perfectly schooled, ultra-feminine, she has super side-gait and makes a very good outline. A finer type, she was just a touch un-coordinated both ways but shows real promise.
PUPPY BITCH (9,1)
1. WATERLEY PARTYPIECE. My notes say ‘WOW!!!’ What a find! I think this bitch is very special. She has the smartest of expressions, the most beautiful head and she makes a great shape not only stood but on the move too. She is good for size and for substance. She has great angulation and length to her forehand, excellent shoulders and a super firm top-line with a strong loin, croup and tail-set. On the move she uses her excellent and well defined quarters to real advantage, so much so that I could defy anyone to miss her precise and electric side gait and her accurate and purposeful movement both ways. I had absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in awarding her the CC and BOB and was thrilled to hear that she topped the Utility Puppy Group under Mrs Liz Stannard later in the day. Congratulations!
2. BOSHANTI ELEXIA. I must congratulate this breeder on her lovely type. So compact and square with real substance, she was unlucky to meet the winner today. A super mover, she will have a great future too.
3. KHYIBRANG’S DEVINE ROCK. J
UNIOR BITCH (11.2)
1. WATERLEY ALLIANCE. What clever breeders here again. I just love the scope and balance of this youngster. She too has everything in the right place, but I would perhaps just prefer a little less all round. Saying that her outstanding movement, quality and type cannot be ignored.
2. PIPPALATA I’VE GOT RHYTHM. Another lovely type here with a beautiful head and lovely sturdily built body. Her top-line is perfect and she is a free mover but not quite as accurate as the winner. I liked her a lot.
3. SANCHARA PASSIONFRUIT. Completing a trio of very good juveniles.
POST GRADUATE BITCH (12.2.)
1. QUIDDITCH A TOUCH OF SASS. She headed a disappointing class to judge. I liked this bitch for outline and size; she’s a precise mover with great balance and a lovely top-line and croup.
2. REMMUS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY. This bitch has great flow in outline with superb neck and shoulders. She was a touch closer than ideal going away.
3. TIAMASTAE’S DAZZLE DRAGON
LIMIT BITCH (13,3)
1. LYNCES LOVE OF MY LIFE AT TIZZYCHARM. The only correct reverse scissor bite today, in my book! She is very good to go over and presents a lovely balanced outline. I liked her for breed type and head and expression. She was the strongest and most accurate mover too in all directions in this class.
2. INCALUZ MUCH ADO ABOUT JAXTZU ShCM. A smaller package but also very balanced and sturdily made throughout. Another strong top-line and a very sound mover, perhaps just not quite so animated as the winner.
3. DALEWOOD CRACKER AND NUTS
OPEN BITCH (8,2)
1. CH KYYIBRANG ST CARMENS ROSE. A superb and mature bitch with a sensational head and expression. She has great flow of neck into shoulder and presents a balanced outline of good size. Sturdily built she is well muscled and moved out with some reach and drive. I was pleased to award her the Res CC.
2. CH PINROW MIDNIGHT ECLIPSE OVER MYRLEA JW. I loved this bitch too, she is so balanced and of correct size and presents a very stylish picture. To go over she has true depth and ribbing, a strong top-line, perfect croup and tail-set and is also an ultra sound mover with good width behind and extension in front. I was nit-picking between her and the winner, they are both equally good, but I felt that I just preferred the head of the winner today.
3. ARAKI ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AT STYLAXIAN ShCM.
VETERAN BITCH (2)
1. CH LASANG ZIPPY LIZ. This bitch scores for me in head and eye, top-line and scope on the move. Slightly longer cast than ideal, she cannot be ignored. BVIB.
2. CH JAVEYS HERE COMES SUMMER JW ShCM. Another very sound and quality bitch. A little bit more of her, she too moved with accuracy but with slightly less fluidity than the winner today.
JONATHAN B DALTREY (JUDGE)