- Date: 17/05/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Jean Singh Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Scottish Kennel Club
The Scottish Kennel Club Championship Show
19 May 2019
I had a splendid entry of 91 French Bulldogs to judge at the Scottish Kennel Club Championship Show
My two stewards, Mr Mark Walshaw and Mr Bob Burns kept the process running smoothly and efficiently enabling me to complete my judging in good time.
During the course of the judging I noticed some exhibits with flat , splayed feet, some had white nails and a few with weak pasterns which cost some exhibits a higher place. Generally tails are improving.
MINOR PUPPY DOG (2)
1. MAXWELL – ESTONITE TANK THOMAS - a nice puppy, he has a pleasing shaped head with good ear carriage, dark eye. Overall he was balanced with a nice roach, correct bone and he moved well both ways.
2. FITZPATRICK – LOST IN TRANSLATION – slightly longer cast than the winner, pleasing head and expression, correct bone and well muscled, his rear movement was not as positive as his front movement.
PUPPY DOG (5)
1. JENNINGS – CROSSYS RAG N’ BONE MAN – Brindle he has a masculine head with dark eyes and good ear carriage. His front was straight with compact feet , he has a good roach with a deep brisket and good tuck up ,movement was good both ways, showed well.
2. BEALE – CARGRAY MR BOJANGLES – Pied, another nice puppy with a proportioned head, good ears and expression. He has a well rounded body and correct roach. His movement was not as positive as the winner however time is on his side
3. GRACIE – SUMMERGATE BRAKING BAD
4. FRIEND – KINGFRIEND MR GOODWIN
JUNIOR DOG – (5)
1. SEFFER – BOULE & ONUBA SIR DAISER CATRENLA (IMP ESP) JW – He is nice in appearance, balanced and compact, correct bone and feet, gentle roach. Masculine head and dark eyes, good ear placement, sufficient padding to his muzzle, showed well.
2. RAWSON – RAWSHONBULLS ED SHEERAN – smaller made than the winner however he was balanced, head proportion was good, nice ear placement, and pleasing expression movement was ok.
POST GRADUATE DOG (6)
1. FLOCKHART & QUINN – MIDLANDBULLS TOULOUSE – Brindle, He has good bone with, compact feet and black nails. His front was Straight, with a good tuck up and well muscled hindquarters. He has a good masculine head and correct ear placement with a pleasing expression. His movement was good both ways and he showed well.
2. MILES – RANACANI VE VALENTINO ROSSI – brindle, slightly smaller made than the winner, however he was compact and balanced, wide chest and good bone, strong pasterns and neat feet. Showed well.
3. PEARCE – LAIRD NIALLGHAS AT CLANGARRY
4. SNOOK – KANSHIM SEVEN DEADLY SINS
LIMIT DOG (6)
1. BRYANT – ARCHNESS ISGN O’THE TIMES JW – Brindle he has a proportioned masculine head and muzzle, plenty of cushion with a nice dark eye and well placed ears. His neck was a nice length correct shoulders and roach. He is compact and well muscled with good angulation. He was somewhat lethargic in the ring at first but pulled it together to win the class and RCC.
2. ELLIS – BACLAUDI BUMBLEBERRY PIE BY GLITTERKISS – slightly larger made than the winner. He has a proportioned head, padded muzzle and well placed ears. He has a good front and correct bone and neat feet. His appearance was balanced and was shown in good condition. He moved well both ways.
3. HOWARTH – GIZYJO STING LIKE A BEE
4. TULLIS – TITANTAILS BOARDWALK BULET
OPEN DOG (8)
1. CUND AND HARROP – CH CHELMBULL THE AVIATOR - I have judged some super French Bulldogs over the thirty something years that I have been associated with this lovely breed and this dog is possibly the best I have judged to date. He has a masculine square head, correct dome, muzzle and well developed cheeks. good ear placement and expression. He has a nicely arched neck, is compact and balanced, has good strong pasterns, neat feet and black nails. His hindquarters are strong with good angulation. He is well muscled and shown in good condition. Worked well with his handler and moved soundly. DCC and BOB and pleased to learn he was awarded Group 3 .
2. FRIEND – PHIL CH KINGFRIEND MR EL LION – another nice dog, brindle, overall a balanced, well muscled dog, pleasing head and making good use of his ears. He has a nice roach and good tuck up. Straight front and good bone. Moved and showed well.
3. HOGAN – CH XENTIQUE PANDAMONIUM FOR BACLAUDI JW ShCM
4. FRIEND – KESASONAS LITTLE WOODY AT KINGFRIEND
VETERAN DOG (4 ) (1 AB)
1. DRUMMOND – CH RENUAR NEW WAR BONNET GLENLEE (IMP LVA) – seven and a half year old brindle, still in top condition, lovely masculine head, pleasing dark eye and correct ear carriage. Good neck and well laid shoulders. Nicely muscled and in good condition. Moved well both ways BV.
2. MAVRO-MICHAELIS – SHOEBRIDGE GAILLAC – brindle, nice size and balance. He has good bone and a straight front, I liked his head and expression and his positive movement.
3. WORSLEY – SON OF A PREACHERMAN WITH MALPA
SPECIAL BIGINNERS DOG (5)
1. Ellis – Baclaudi Bumbleberry Pie by Glitterkiss
2. SNOOK – KANSHIM SEVEN DEADLY SINS – Masculine head with define stop but could have more padding to his muzzle, pleasing ear placement. He is a nice size and compact. Movement was ok.
3. HANLEY – SERGEANT SAPPHIRE
4. SOUTER – NOKOMIS INDIAN MUSIC AT GREUSAICHE
GOOD CITIZENS DOG (0)
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (8) (3AB)
1. BOYLE – LUVDEW MAGIC MARBLE – Brindle puppy, sporting a lovely feminine head, nice dark eye and pleasing expression. She has a good length of neck, straight front and strong pasterns, with a nice roach and well muscled hindquarters. She was not co-operating with her handler at first however when she did settle I observed that her movement as sound.
2. OMAR – COLTINGTON THE NIGHTINGALE – fawn – a nice solid puppy with a good head and dark eye, well placed bat ears . She was balanced and in good form, good shoulders and angulation, moved well.
3. SHOEMARK – LIELOLO GOVEM A DREA,
4. McGEACHIE – OHANAGEMZ DARK MOUNTAIN
PUPPY BITCH (11) – (1 AB)
1. HALE AND VEARNCOME – TYTORRO PAINT IT BLACK WITH RUPTION KNIGHTCOTT – A promising puppy, she has a good outline, feminine head, well cushioned ,and expressive bat ears. Nice shoulders and front with strong pasterns and neat feet. Her hindquarters were well muscled and her movement was sound BP
2. MORGAN AND LING – TYTORRO TIGER FEET – Litter sister to winner, not much to choose between these two just preferred the overall balance and movement of winner, no doubt will change places during their careers.
3. HICK – DATIRO MELON KIM
4. BEALE – CARGRAY DIAMOND AND PEARLS
JUNIOR BITCH (5) – (1 AB)
1. GRACIE – SUMMERGATE CORNELIA – She has a good head with a kind expression, nice dark eyes. Arched neck and good roach, pleasing front and a good tuck up. Her overall appearance was compact and balanced, movement was sound.
2. ADAM – LORROSA LOVE SHACK AT CARKENNAR – another nice bitch that unfortunately would not co-operate with her handler which made assessing her movement somewhat difficult at times. She was balanced with a nice roach, good front and well muscled hindquarters, feminine head and good ear placement. .
3. MITCHELL – CASLBLAKS MENTAL MAUD
4. CUND & HARROP – DAULOKKES SAUVAGE ROSE AT CHELMBULL (IMP DNK)
POST GRADUATE BITCH (8) – (2 AB)
1. DYKER – MARDY MARJORIE AVEC KIMEVAN (IMP ESP) – Brindle, she has a pleasing head and expression, good cushioning and nice bat ears. Her front was straight with good bone and correct angulated hindquarters, providing sound movement both ways. Showed well.
2. DRYSDALE – PORTMAIN JEAN GENIE – Brindle, she was similar in size and looks to the winner. Her appearance was compact and balanced, preferred the movement of winner.
3. COX – FRANSTELGO’S ILLUMINATIONS
4. PEARCE – CLANGARRY HOY LASSIE
LIMIT BITCH (10) – (1 AB)
1. LOWE – BRAYLAH TEMPEST STORM – Brindle – good quality bitch, she has a broad skull with good padding, lovely expression and correct bat ears. She has a nice length of neck and good roach. Her front was straight and with good bone and tuck up. Presented in good condition and well muscled . Her movement was true both ways. BCC
2. MAVRO-MICHAELIS – MERIMNA’S IMOROSE SHOEBRIDGE – lovely fawn , feminine head, broad padded muzzle with defined stop. Correct bat ears, lovely dark eyes and pleasing expression. She has good bone and feet and overall balanced in appearance, well muscled angulated hindquarters, responding to her handler well, movement was sound, a close decision. BRCC
3. McCALLUM – ASHSTAFF TIFFANYS
OPEN BITCH (8) – (2 AB)
1. SHARP-DIXON & REYES – GWYNSEL CRAZY IN LOVE WITH QUEENSLAKE – Brindle, nicely balanced outline, feminine head with broad skull and pleasing expression. Her tuck up and topline was good with good depth of chest. An excellent show girl. I considered her for higher honours but preferred the front movement on my overall certificate winners.
2. MORGAN & LING – TYTORRO EASY ACTION JW ShCM – Brindle, she has matured nicely, lovely dark eyes, feminine head with correct bat ears. Nice length of neck with gentle roach. She has good bone and feet, angulated hindquarters and was nicely muscled and in good condition. Unfortunately lacking enthusiasm on the day. Moved well.
3. PEARCE – CLANGARRY HOY LASSIE
4. ROACH – ROALICE MINI MOUSE ShCM
VETERAN BITCH (4)
1. MAVRO-MICHAELIS – SHOEBRIDGE LUNEL – Nice size and balanced in appearance, she has a good front with ample bone. She was in good condition and moved well albeit a little lethargic at times but it had been a long day for them.
2. WORSLEY – NKUNDE PEARLS A SINGER WITH MALPA – Brindle, larger built all round than winner, she has a pleasing head, good muscle and bone. She showed well and moved soundly.
3. MORGAN & LING – CHALFS MISS KIKI AT TYTORRO
4. HOWARTH – GIZYJO MISS FREDRIQUE
SPECIAL BEGINNERS BITCH (2) – (1 AB)
1. Boyle - Luvdew Magic Marble - BSB
GOOD CITIZEN BITCH (1) – ( AB)
MISS JEAN SINGH