- Date: 31/05/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Jean Singh Contact Judge
- Published Date: 06/06/2019
Southern Counties Canine Association
Southern Counties Canine Association 1 June 2019
I was a delighted to receive the invitation to judge at this friendly and well run show The weather was glorious and there was a nice atmosphere around the ring.
I thoroughly enjoyed my day as I had some quality dogs to go over and this was reflected on the impressive results in the Group placings . I was thrilled to learn that the Best of Breed was awarded Terrier Group 1, my bitch CC winner was awarded Terrier Junior Group 2, the puppy gained Puppy Terrier Group 3 and the veteran was awarded Veteran Terrier Group 3. Is this a new record for group placings at one show for the breed?
The day was kept running smoothly by my two stewards Alan McKenzie and Sue Hann,
I was concerned about the number of exhibits with misplaced teeth. In total I found five exhibits each with a misplaced tooth, also two kinked tails and one exhibit with one testicle. Some exhibits were lacking in muscle tone and condition.
MINOR PUPPY DOG (3)
1. HAYDON AND GIBBINGS – EARTHTAW KEEP SMILING – Blue and Tan pleasing in head and muzzle, he has a good bite with big strong teeth. His ears were slightly on the large size however he has time on his side. He was spannable and in good coat, moved ok.
2. TAYLOR – BARKANELLIE BLACKADDER – He has nice racy lines with a good topline, sporting a good harsh coat. He showed well, however I preferred the shorter muzzle and movement of my winner.
3. NETTLE – ONZIEME HEARE
PUPPY DOG – (4) (1 AB)
1. RAMUS – ONTHILL ONE AND ONLY - He has a good otter head, neat ears, dark eyes and pleasing expression with a strong muzzle. His pelt was thick and had a harsh double coat. He was spannable, has good rear anglulation and moved well both ways. (best puppy dog)
2. JACKSON – BORDERBY’S RETURN TO SENDER FOR CLIPSTONE (IMP SWD) – He has a nice outline and was shown in good coat. Correct bone with neat feet, pleasing in head although not as strong in muzzle as my winner. Rear movement was good but front movement needs to improve.
3. SMALL – HOWTHWAITE GENTH DUKE AT TILMORAY
JUNIOR DOG – (7) (1 AB)
1. BREWSTER AND GREEN – STOWTHORNEY WICKER MAN – This dog is maturing nicely, he has a lovely masculine head, neat ears, correct bite with a strong muzzle. His front was straight with good bone, correct ribs and was spannable. His coat was harsh, nice topline and well angulated hindquarters. His movement was sound both ways.
2. DEAN – CEDARHILL MELT IN THE MOUTH – Up to size but still spannable, he has a good otter head with a strong muzzle, correct bite and a nice dark eye. He has a pleasing outline, good coat and pelt, showed well. His rear movement was ok however his front movement was not as positive as the winner.
3. MILTON – BAILLIESWELLS NCN’EAN
YEARLING DOG (3)
1. SPAFFORD – DASSETT LAST WALTZ JW – A smart dog I liked his otter head, strong muzzle with a good bite. He has a straight front with good bone and neat feet. His shoulders were well laid, correct in rib and was spannable with a racy outline. His coat was harsh with a good thick pelt. He worked well with his handler and moved true both ways. RDCC
2. MATTHEWS – TOJAMATT TABOO – Blue and tan, smart dog, good angulation which showed in his rear movement. He has a straight front, nice shoulders and was spannable. His topline was good, unfortunately today was short of coat. He moved soundly both ways and showed well.
3. HYSLOP – ROCKSAM AT RAISBECK
GRADUATE – (6)
1. Brewster and Green – Stowthorney Wicker Man
2. SINGLE – BRACKENFELL BORN TO BE ALIVE – Nice red grizzle, handy size with a good head and pleasing expression. Correct bone, straight front with neat feet and a good bend of stifle. He was spannable and Shown in good coat. His movement was true both ways, showed well.
3. FREEMAN – CEDARHILL FRONT OF HOUSE
POST GRADUATE – (7)
1. PILE – HEADING FOR HOME AT MOLESCHAMBER – Pleasing in outline, racy lines. I liked his otter head and strong muzzle and expression. He has good ribs, bone and neat feet. Spanned easily, shown in good hard coat and moved soundly around the ring.
2. RAMUS – ONTHILL SOLOMANS SEAL – another nice dog sporting a good head, muzzle and correct bite. He had a good jacket and pelt, bone and a good bend of stifle. Rear movement was sound but preferred front movement of my winner.
3. Single – Brackenfell Born to be Alive.
LIMIT DOG – (6) – (1 AB)
1. IRVING – DANDYHOW CAPTAIN MORGAN – nice otter shaped head, dark eye and v shaped ears, pleasing expression. He was shown in good coat. His front was straight with good bone and neat feet. He was spannable, has good hindquarters and nice carrot tail. Moved and showed well in the class. I considered him in the challenge however in the line up when standing I could not overlook what appeared to be a dip behind his shoulders which spoilt the overall picture.
2. RUTH – BOWENCLOUD BUSY BEE JW – slightly larger made than my winner, he was spannable with good ribs and bone. His coat was harsh and was in good condition. He has a pleasing head, dark eye and a good bite and he moved well around the ring.
3. HUGHES – CHATMOSS BULLET TOOTH TONY JW
OPEN DOG (8
1. STORM – BRACKENFELL INSTANT REPLAY NJK’18 EJW’18 VDH/KFT/B JCH – He has a lovely otter head with a strong muzzle, the darkest of eyes, good bite and big teeth. His neck was a nice length leading into well laid shoulders and good ribs. Front was straight with neat feet. He was spannable and his jacket was harsh with a good pelt. Well angulated both ways which reflected in his sound movement. Ideal for size. He responded to his young handler well and was pleased to award him the Dog CC and Best of Breed . Delighted to learn later that he won TG1.
2. PILE – TARKASWELL DR ZHIVAGO AT MOLESCHAMBER ShCM – A nice type, pleasing in head and expression. He has good ribs and was spannable. His front was straight, correct bone with neat feet. Good angulation front and aft, pin wire coat and a thick pelt. Moved soundly both ways.
3. BARRETT – HOWTHWAITE GRAINSGILL
SPECIAL BEGINNERS DOG (2)
1. BRADLEY – BREWBRADS TRICKY TRICKSTER – Blue and tan, dark eye with a nice expression, lacking slightly in strength of muzzle. Coat was good as was his pelt. Showed well, moved ok.
2. BURGESS – GRIZZLEDALE WAR CRY – nice size, in good coat, pleasing head, nice v shaped ears and expression. Preferred the front movement of the winner.
VETERAN DOG/BITCH (6) – (2 AB)
1. JACKSON – CH. COBSTONEWAY MOONRIVER AT CLIPSTONE – Ten and a half years old looking half her age. She is a good showgirl, her coat was good and was easily spanned. Nice feminine head, pleasing expression with dark eyes. Movement was sound both ways. BV and later went on to win VTG3.
2. COBBY – POPS BLACKCURRANT FIZZ – Blue and tan, nice in size with a feminine head, good bite and correct bone. She has a harsh double coat and her movement was positive.
3. SUTTON – HUNTED THISTLE AT THISTLEWHISS
GOOD CITIZANS DOG/BITCH – (4) – (1 AB)
1. FREEMAN – CEDARHILL FRONT OF HOUSE – Nice in outline, up to size but was spannable. His coat was good, pleasing head with a good bite. Showed well and moved ok.
2. SUTTON – HUNTED THISTLE AT THISTLEWHISS – Blue and tan, handy size, feminine head, nice expression and good bite. She was shown in good condition and moved ok.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH – (9) – (2 AB)
Two promising puppies, not much to choose between them however my winner just had the edge on maturity.
1. WILLMITT – GOLDENMILL HARVEST FANTASY - I liked her head, nice dark eye and pleasing expression, she has a good scissor bite with large teeth. Her coat was harsh with a good pelt. She has good bone and neat feet, correct lay of shoulder, good rib and was easily spannabe. Her topline was level and has a good tail carriage. She moved soundly both ways around the ring. Best Puppy and later achieved TPG3.
2. MATTHEWS – TOJAMATT ANN BRANDRETH – 6 months and 2 days, similar comments as my puppy winner, as stated above, just lost on maturity, a very nice puppy.
3. LANE – REEDBECK FIREFLY
PUPPY BITCH (7)
1. SANSOM – TARKASWELL WALTZIN’MATILDA – She is a nice size and is maturing well. Her jacket was harsh with a good pelt. Her head was feminine, good bite and a strong muzzle. She has a straight front, is spannable and nice ribs. She has a good length of rib, nicely muscled hindquarters. Movement was sound both ways.
2. IRVING – DANDYHOW PANDORA – Pleasing head with correct ears, dark eye and a good mouth. Nice in size and outline, shown in good coat and condition. Rear movement was good, preferred the front movement of the winner.
3. STOCKLEY – FOXFACTOR FIRE CRACKER
JUNIOR BITCH (17) – (3 AB)
A class of some very nice bitches.
1. MASON – VALICETARN VELVET – She has a lovely otter head without being overdone, dark eyes and a lovely expression. Her ears were neat, bite was good. She has a nice reach of neck straight front with neat feet. I was able to span her with ease, good ribs and nice length of body. She was presented a good harsh coat and in nice condition. Pleasing outline, well angulated and moved soundly. BCC and also awarded TJG2.
2. PEACOCK – RAGATAM ESSENCE – A very close decision between these two quality bitches. She has similar qualities as my eventual winner. I just preferred the size of my certificate winners. A pleasure to go over.
3. HOLLINGSBEE – OTTERWOOD DIODEM JW
YEARLING BITCH – (6) (2 AB)
1. PILE – TUFTERSLODGE NURSE GLADYS AT MOLESCHAMBER – Lovely otter head, pleasing expression and correct ear set. She has a good scissor bite. Nice length of neck and good rib, spannable. Her front was straight and neat feet. She was balanced and held her topline on the move. Good rear movement and was just able to see her front movement as she was not co-operating with her handler at times.
2. PATEMAN – TWIGGLESTONE SOMETHING ELSE FOR LESSIEN – She is balanced and has a nice overall outline. Feminine head, pleasing expression with dark eyes. She is nicely angulated, has good bone and a straight front. Her movement was sound both ways, unfortunately short of coat today.
3. SOUTH – BORDERELLA SUNFLOWER SEED
GRADUATE BITCH (6) – (1 AB)
1. HOLLINGSBEE – OTTERWOOD DOMINA CANDESCO JW – She was shown in good coat with undercoat in evidence. Her head was a nice otter shape, good bite and pleasing expression. She moved well both ways, although the heat was affecting her she did enough to win the class.
2. STOCKLEY – FOXFACTOR FIRE CRACKER – She has a nice feminine head with neat ears and a good bite. Good reach of neck with nice racy lines, her coat was harsh and she showed well, moved ok.
3. RAMSAY – ARODELLA SONG SUNG BLUE
POST GRADUATE BITCH (7)
1. RAMAS – ONTHILL CRYSTAL ROCK – She was shown in hard condition, has nicely muscled hindquarters , good angulation which reflected in her movement. Her coat was harsh with a thick pelt. Good neck and ribs, racy outlines. She has a good feminine head with correct bite and neat ears. Moved soundly both ways.
2. PHILLIPS – NANTCOCH FIELD SKIPPER – a nice bitch with a good reach of neck. Pleasing in head and expression. She has a straight front with good bone and neat feet. Coat was good as was her pelt. She showed and moved well.
3. YEATES – BADGERBECK TINY DANCER AT BLUEBABEL
LIMIT BITCH (8) – (1 AB)
1. GIVERCIN – GLEBEHEATHFINGERS ON LIPS - nice size, good length of neck, level top line with a carrot tail, pleasing outline. She has a good otter head, feminine with a strong muzzle, good bite and neat ears. Good length of rib and was spannable. Her coat was harsh, she has good bone with neat feet. Turned out immaculately, was in perfect harmony with her handler. Moved well both ways. BRCC.
2. SERVICE - MARSIRDAN JEMIMA PUDDLE - one I have admired from the ringside, unlucky to meet the winner today, slightly stronger made than my winner but still sporting a good feminine head, dark eyes and a strong muzzle and pleasing expression. She was in excellent coat, nicely muscled, good angulation and moved true both ways.
3. TAYLOR – CLYDEBECK SOLITAIRE
OPEN BITCH – (7) – (2 AB)
1. BARRETT – HOWTHWAITE GOLD DUST – blue and tan – she has a harsh double coat with a good pelt. Good in shoulders and a nice length of neck. Her topline was level with a carrot tail. Nice bone and feet, racy lines. She showed well and moved positively.
2. BREWSTER AND GREEN – BYREWICK VALENTINE – blue and tan, similar to the winner, handy size, good head with nice dark eyes, strong muzzle. Easily spanned , harsh double cout.nice tailset. Moved ok.
3. BRANNAN AND KELLY – CH. BRANKELL DOUBLE OR QUITS JW
SPECIAL BEGINNERS BITCH (7) – (3 AB)
1. MITCHELL – RODZINA HAZELNUT – nice size with a good straight front, shown in a good harsh coat. Spans well, slightly low tailset. She has a nice head with pleasing expression, neat ears. Moved ok. BSB
2. JORDAN-SMITH – RAVENSIDEMARSHA AT JORDITH – nice bitch but unfortunately no coat today. Pleasing head and expression, good ribs and bone. Preferred front movement of the winner.
3. LANE – BANDICOOT MAID OF TARTH WITH REEDBECK
MISS JEAN SINGH