- Date: 29/09/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Gillian Claxton Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Chow Chow Club Of Scotland
Critique for Chow Chow Club of Scotland championship show on 29.10.19
A warm welcome awaited me in Scotland and a pleasing entry. The majority were of good quality but breeders do need to concentrate on improving shoulders and width of chest. I was pleased, however, to find so many lovely eyes.Puppy Dog (4)
1. Scotland’s SHULIAN SHANGHAI STAR. Well grown light red in excellent coat. Lovely legs and feet with ample bone and correct length for his depth of body. Masculine head with clean, dark eyes and good scissor bite. Pigment just needs to darken on gums which should come with age. Shows a nice outline with a good length of neck and level back with good set of tail. Showed and moved well for such a baby.
2. Rennie’s SHUKOKAI TIGERS EYE. Another light red in really good coat. Excellent legs and feet and moved well both ways. Attractive, masculine head with clean dark eyes. Balanced outline with a good neck and well set on tail. Not on his best behaviour today.
3. Grant’s JENRENE’S BLUE LEGEND TO TANIKO.
Junior Dog (2)
1. Hollies & Carr’s CH JANQBU VALENTINO. 17 months light red whose coat is clearing gradually. Well balanced head with lovely clean, dark eyes. Broad skull and super thick ears which he uses to advantage. Good scissor bite and pigment. Excellent legs and feet and a really good mover both ways. To be critical I would prefer a little more length of leg and neck. Superb presentation and he is a real showman.
2. Ellis’ BOJINGHAI BORN TO BE WILD. Light red, rather in between coats at the moment. Masculine head with clean dark eyes but expression spoilt by rather large ears. Good mouth but pigment not yet complete. Stands square on well boned and legs and feet. Moved and showed well. Needs time to mature.
Novice Dog (2)
1. Grant’s JENRENE’S BLUE LEGEND TO TANIKO. Blue in excellent coat and condition. Third in Puppy. Attractive head with good mouth and clean eyes. Excellent legs and feet and moved well both ways.
2. Stewart’s BOJINGHAI DEVIL IN DISGUISE. Light red. Good head with excellent eyes but would prefer smaller ears. Balanced outline with lovely legs and feet. Moved and showed well.
Post Graduate Dog (1)
1. Robertson’s JAMARHYS HENRY. Good size light red but rather long in couplings which spoils his outline. Very masculine in head but ears could be smaller. Well boned legs with good shoulders. Moved well at front but lifts too much at rear. Showed well.
Limit Dog (2)
Special AOC Limit Dog (3)
1. Stewart’s BOJINGHAI ZEUS. Never seen this dog before but what a stunner. Lovely quality black coat in the most super condition. Really square and with correct length of leg to depth of body giving him an ideal outline. Most attractive head with small thick ears and good width of skull. Clean dark eyes, excellent teeth and the best pigmentation here today. Lovely legs and feet and moved really well. Ideal temperament. To be critical I would like him a touch more masculine but this is splitting hairs. CC & BIS
2. Mackenzie-Haverson & Mackenzie’s BROWNY’S BODHI BEAR FOR CHEUNTAO. Well coated cream in lovely condition. Good size but a little long in body which spoils his outline. Attractive head with clean eyes and a good mouth. Showed and moved really well.
Open Dog (2)
1. Parsons’ JENRENES MIGHTY ENZO. Light red in super coat and condition. Most attractive, well balanced masculine head. Broad skull, excellent ears and eyes. Super legs and feet and ideal length of leg to depth of body which gives him a really good outline. Moved well both ways but not on his best behaviour today. RCC & RBIS
2. Foy’s GUY FOO FAWKES FOR RAMANIRE. Well balanced black in good coat. Good legs and feet and excellent chest. Not as masculine as first but a lovely shape. Moved and showed well.
Special Beginners Dog (1)
1. S SHANGHAI STAR
Special Veteran (1)
Special Open Smooth (2)
Puppy Bitch (5 1)
1. Taylor’s TAYLORIAN STAR ATTRACTION. Well grown mature puppy in really good coat and super condition. Most attractive feminine head with clean dark eyes & excellent mouth. Broad skull with small thick ears which give the correct chow expression. Well boned legs & feet with plenty of width to chest. Ideal length of leg to depth of body and high set tail. Moved really well both ways. BPIS
2. Irwing’s BOJINGHAI BLUE ICE QUEEN AT BEACONPRIDE. 7 months blue in excellent coat & condition. Attractive feminine head with clean eyes, small ears and excellent mouth. Moved and showed well. Just needs to grow on but time is on her side.
3. Pike’s BURLESK BLONDE AMBITION.
Junior Bitch (5 1)
1. Ellis’ BOJINGHAI SONG BIRD. Eye catching light red. Not quite in full adult coat yet but in super condition. The best of legs and feet with good width of chest. So well balanced with a high set tail and good reach of neck which give her a correct outline. Feminine head with no exaggeration. Excellent mouth and pigmentation. Small thick ears which she uses well. Lovely dark eyes which I would prefer a better shape but they are extremely clean. Moved and showed really well and always stands correctly. CC & BOS
2. Rennie’s RENDEL HATTY TUDE. Light red in good coat and condition. Good size. A little long in body which detracts from outline but acceptable for a bitch. Excellent, well balanced head and lovely legs and feet. Moved and showed really well. Lovely temperament.
3. Taylor’s SKY DREAM DJALO AT TAYLORIAN.
Novice Bitch (2)
1. McCallum & Laing’s BURLESK BOLD SOUL SISTA. Lovely colour black in super coat. Very good head with lovely mouth and eyes but expression spoilt by rather large thin ears. Good size and well balanced. Moved and showed well.
2. Grant’s JENRENE’S MIGHTY CRYSTAL TO TANIKO. Good colour fawn – reserve in Puppy. Lovely outline but needs to fill out into frame. Not moving or standing well today.
Post Graduate Bitch (2)
1. Halliday’s BLACK CALLA LILLY AT KYLEASH. Good colour black in very good condition. Attractive feminine head with good mouth, eyes and ears. Lovely legs and feet. Good width of chest. Moved and showed well.
2. Jenkins’ ULTRA DJALO. Heavy coated cream. Attractive head but ears could be smaller. Good mouth and dark eyes but these could be cleaner. Would benefit from losing some weight which affects her movement.
Limit Bitch (3)
1. Wright’s SHULIAN SPARKLING STAR. Light red but very short of coat today. Feminine head with lovely ears, eyes and mouth. Well boned legs for her frame and a good width of chest. Extremely well balanced and moved and showed really well.
2. Mackenzie-Haverson & Mackenzie’s BOJINGHAI CRACKLING ROSE FROM CHEUNTAO. Light red in super coat and condition. Most attractive head with super mouth, clean dark eyes and well set on ears giving her a lovely expression. Good width of chest. Moved well in front.
3. Jenkins’ JANQBU SALLY SALSA
Special AOC Limit Bitch (4 1)
1. Ellis’ BOJINGHAI BLACK VELVET. Lovely colour black in super condition. Really well balanced with the best of legs and feet. Attractive feminine head with a super mouth, excellent pigmentation and clean dark eyes. Seriously considered in the final line up.
2. J. MIGHTY CRYSTAL TO TANIKO
3. ULTRA DJALO
Open Bitch (5 1)
1. Parsons’ CH JENRENES LOVING BLACK JACK. Super coat and jet black. This bitch excels in shape and outline. Lovely legs and feet and ideal width of chest. Really good shoulders, correct length of leg to depth of body and a high set tail. Really good length and arch of neck which she uses well. Her head is well laid out with everything in proportion but a little lacking in expression. Moved and showed extremely well. RCC
2. Taylor’s CH TAYLORIAN STARLIGHT. Good colour red in lovely coat. Most attractive feminine head and the best of legs and feet. Excellent shoulders with good width of chest. Not quite as balanced as first. Moved and showed really well. Hard decision between these two.
3. Mackenzie-Haverson & Mackenzie’s FULLFORGE FANTASTICA FOR CHEUNTAO.
Special Beginners Bitch (1)
1. BLACK CALLA LILY AT K