- Date: 16/08/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Gavin Robertson Contact Judge
- Published Date: 21/08/2019
Welsh Kennel Club
BEST OF BREED : 1925 BONGIOVANNI, Mr A & HEARD, Miss K & DUNHILL-HALL Fantasa Chicago Bull At Ankors
Dog CC : 1925 BONGIOVANNI, Mr A & HEARD, Miss K & DUNHILL-HALL Fantasa Chicago Bull At Ankors
Res Dog CC : 1938 REYNOLDS Mr & Mrs L & H Annatefkah Tumaini
Bitch CC : 1939 SVALDENYTE, Ms A & T HANSEN Mr S Norw Swed Bazinga Desert Dragoness
Res Bitch CC : 1937 LUNDQVIST HEMSTROM & LUNDQVIST Swed Fin Ch Antefa's Yosofin
Best Puppy : 1935 LLOYD Mrs N & Mr P R Doucai's Helu Faruna Of Athanasius
Best Veteran : 1931 DAVIS Mr P Threemoons Shooting Star
Class 658 OD (4 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: 1925 BONGIOVANNI, Mr A & HEARD, Miss K & DUNHILL-HALL Fantasa Chicago Bull At Ankors
2nd: 1938 REYNOLDS Mr & Mrs L & H Annatefkah Tumaini
3rd: 1926 COLE Mrs A Doucai's Iben Zeijton
Class 659 VB (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 1931 DAVIS Mr P Threemoons Shooting Star
Class 661 JB (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 1935 LLOYD Mrs N & Mr P R Doucai's Helu Faruna Of Athanasius
Class 662 PGB (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: 1927 COLE Mrs A Doucai's Invajoni Maltija
Class 663 LB (3 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: 1936 LLOYD Mrs N & Mr P R Athanasius Astorte
2nd: 1931 DAVIS Mr P Threemoons Shooting Star
Class 664 OB (4 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: 1939 SVALDENYTE, Ms A & T HANSEN Mr S Norw Swed Bazinga Desert Dragoness
2nd: 1937 LUNDQVIST HEMSTROM & LUNDQVIST Swed Fin Ch Antefa's Yosofin
3rd: 1928 COLE, Mrs A E & DODD Mrs H Ta'fazolu Lucija Tal Doucai (Imp)
WKC- PHAROAH HOUND
Having judged this breed here and abroad I’m not going to say this was the best quality of dogs i have ever judged. Graceful and clean cut lines sadly missing from many today along with movement!
1) lovely wedge shaped head piece, level head planes, well placed ears, good arch to neck with moderate angles front and back, well sprung ribs, could have less white on chest, holds topline on the move with free flowing steady mover correct tailset.
2)masculine dog, good head planes, well placed ears, likes his shape, prefer a more graceful and alert mover, a little steep in shoulder . Good skin and muscletone.
1)feminine bitch, pleasing head but not using her ears, a little weak under eye. Ribs extend well back, has a feathered tail and would like better coats.prefer more animation on the move.
1)wedge shaped head, almond eye, not using her ears as ideal. Nice frame to her but she needs to drop and settle all through, good feet. A little rounded in topline.
1) i liked her head piece, tight lips, correct length of foreface. Ears could be better set. Clean neck, a little loose in front, well proportioned body, lithe body. Once settled moved well in profile but would still prefer a more graceful look to her.
1)pleasing shape, lean arched elegant neck, loose in pastern, good ear placement. Prefer better shoulders. Firm topline, prefer better carriage on the move.
2) winner of VB
1) This bitch was exactly what i was looking for, correct shape and outline, has grace and power to go with her balanced and moderate angles, lovely typey head piece, correct ear placement , level head planes. Best front of the day with her legs under her lithe body, level topline, strong rear quarters, correct carriage in this class in wet conditions, She won the CC by some margin on her type and balance, in the challenge, she wasn’t overly keen to move outdoors and thus i had to give the male BOB on the overall performance,
2) nicely headed bitch, wedge shaped. Good neck,well proportioned body, a little loose in front and elbows could be tighter, tail well set and carried, ok rear quarters, low set hocks, nice profile movement