- Show Date: 07/12/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Gary A Steele Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
London Cocker Spaniel Society
LONDON COCKER SPANIEL CLUB – BITCHES Woking Leisure Centre – 07th December 2019
Thank you to the Secretary and commi2ee for invi5ng me to judge this pres5gious championship show.
Thanks, also to the exhibitors for entrus5ng me with their charges, all be it flee5ngly and for their entry.
In general, I found presenta5on to be of a high standard, the majority clean with li2le or few knots. However, I feel the need to comment on the high number of suspect mouth’s I found, a scissor bite is a scissor bite, not a level bite or a scissor bite with a tooth out of alignment.
Loved my main winners for their breed type and true sound movement.
Any Solid Colour including Solid/Tan (ASCiS/T) – Special Puppy (5-0)
1. Thomas’ Claramand Rose Gold – 10 month old Gold, straight out of the top drawer. Pleasing head and kind dark eye, good width to front, correct angles front and rear. Good ribbing for age, short in loin, good width to quarters and held top line when moving. Really scores in width at back end and driving ac5on.
2. Ke2le’s Lujesa Daydream Believer – Black 12 months on the day, typical from this kennel, Good head propor5ons with a mel5ng expression. Good angles to the front assembly and matching at rear. Good bone and she stood on the best of feet. Just preferred the freer movement of the 1st.
3. Kew’s Lujesa Dolly Daydream at Wylyeview
4. Cooper’s Galibar Over To You with Newcheshire
5. Whiteley’s Triveka Ginny Weasley
ASCiS/T – Special Novice (5-1)
1. Shapland’s Deracor Dream Time - Black with the best of heads and sweetest expression. Correct shoulder placement and return of forearm. Good ribbing, short in loin, best of feet and stood four square. Although not the biggest she has a big a[tude and moved with a level top line and ever wagging tail.
2. Whiteley’s Triveka Ginny Weasley – Black and Tan (B&T) 7months old, pleasing head with a so` expression. Well balanced, adequate substance, short in loin, level top line. Was well muscled which assisted in good driving ac5on.
3. Glenndinning’s Plaiglen Hide ‘N Seek
4. Bri2on’s Tylully Fairy Dust
ASCiS/T – Special Graduate (4-1)
1. Shapland’s Deracor Dream Time
2. Lockwood’s Zakova Fire Dancer - 4yr old red, pleasing head and eye. Matching angles fore and a`. Good width to front and deep bodied with good spring of rib. Good substance and has wide quarters which were well-muscled.
3. Wright’s Chazbaz Glam Girl
ASCiS/T – Special Open (4-1)
1. Reijnveld & Van Empel’s Hello Dolly Z Vejminku – Black with the best of head propor5ons, divine expression, good width to muzzle. Good width to front and the required chest depth, well sprung ribs. Best of angles all through. Good feet with adequate substance, correct shoulder placement. Short in loin and held her top line when moving.
2. Van Guyse Apers & Horvat’s Wigglings Pleased To Meet You – Black with pleasing head, eye and expression. Moderate angles all through, well off for bone and good thickly padded feet. Free flowing movement but did not put her tail to good use. Preferred the freer movement of 1st.
3. Wright’s Chazbaz Black Lace
Any Other Colour (AOC) – Special Puppy (4-0)
1. Driver’s Annilann Miss Magicstar to Beckaby – 10mth old blue with a pre2y head and so` appealing expression. Matching angles all through, good width to front and deep bodied, super short in loin. Well let down hocks which helped her move with drive and purpose.
2. Kidd’s Freestone Chances Are – 9.5 month old, pleasant head propor5ons and kind dark eyes. Supersmallfeet,plentyofheartroomali2lelongercastthan1st.. Wellmuscledand level top line when moving.
3. Provost’s Troubles In Paradise Shirley Templebar
AOC – Special Novice (4-0)
1. Gorka’s Shansart Mary Poppins – Loved this young blue for over-all breed type. Would have preferred a tad more weight on her. That said, really good angles all through, super neck into fine well laid shoulders. Cobby and stood for square, really well-muscled, which helped herflowfreelyaroundtheringwithleveltoplineandgreatfrontextension. Consideredfor the RCC.
2. Corcoran’s Troverothway Water Colour – Blue Roan & Tan who scored for overall make and shape. Not the biggest but has a beau5ful head and kind dark expression. Great heart room and matching angles fore and a`. Short in loin with good width to quarters and short let down hocks. Moved out well and true and well presented.
3. Driver’s Annilann Miss Magicstar to Beckaby
4. Tompkins Clavaire Poetry In Mo5on
AOC – Special Graduate (6 – 2)
1. Hill’s Princehill Shining Star – Black & White with great head propor5ons and scored on width of muzzle. Plenty of heart room and good spring of rib, good substance, super muscle tone. Well balanced when moving, held top line and moved with drive and purpose. Used her tail to advantage.
2. Crisp’s Challowdown Loopy Lou with Genavieve – A lovely blue with pleasing head and expression. Correct angles all through, short in loin and good quarters. Moved OK but did not have the anima5on of the 1st when moving.
3. Terry’s Shaggylands That’s Life
4. Tompkins Clavaire Poetry In Mo5on
AOC – Special Open (7 – 2)
1. Bavin & Aus5n’s Royjoys Chase The Dream J.W. ShCM RCC– This blue headed a quality class and I was nit picking in the final placements. Really pleasing balanced head with kind dark eye. Best of angles fore and a`, plenty of heart room and good spring of rib. Good substance and neat 5ght feet. Ample heart room and plenty of depth to chest. Where this girl really scores is front extension when moving and her width to rear and driving ac5on. Well presented.
2. Provost’s Troubles In Paradise Poulnabrone – Orange with the sweetest of heads and dark eye, providing a biddable expression. Correct length of neck flowing in correct shoulders, short in loin, well of for bone. Good width to quarters and well-muscled, short hocks, moved with drive and purpose. Just preferred the outline of 1st when moving.
3. Amos-Jones Cassom Margot Fonteyn
4. Van Guys-Apers-Horvat’s Wigglings Quite A Nice Surprise
5. Anslow’s Shansart Wind In The Willows
Veteran (5 – 1)
1. Ward’s Wensum Some Like It Hot JW (BV) – 7yr old black, lovely head with a kind dark eye and square muzzle. Adequate neck set into correct shoulders with matching return of forearm and correct length. Plenty of heart room with good width, best of ribs and short in loin. Moved well holing her top line.
2. Robinson & Price’s Sh Ch Molkara Anastasia With Jozelah – Different type to 1st, built on more elegant lines, a worthy Sh Ch, put down in first class order moved out well. Just preferred the cobbiness of 1st.
3. Davies’ Annaside Moonbeam
4. Quigley’s Bitcon Free For All
Minor Puppy (12 – 2)
1. Anslow’s Shansart Giselle (BMPB, BPB, BMPIS and BPIS) – 1st 2nd & 4th all by the same sire who is certainly stamping his type. Loved this young lady for her confidence, posi5ve balanced movement, plus, that much loved cocker trait, ever wagging tail. Beau5ful balanced headpiece with kind dark intelligent eye. Correct matching angles all through, plenty of substance with the best of feet. Moved out well with a level top line and presented in 5p top order. Good width to quarters which provided the rear driving ac5on I was looking for.
2. Davies’ Annaside Sugar Moon – Typical cocker head and expression with good width to muzzle. Plenty of width and depth to front, good substance and cracking small feet, moved well using her tail, did not have the maturity in body of 1st.
3. Whiteley’s Triveka Ginny Weasley
4. Bond’s Olibond Santa Barbara
5. White’s Charmwen Diamond Lady at Granrose
Puppy (11 – 1)
1. Thomas’ Claramand Rose Gold – See Previous
2. Ke2le’s Lujesa Daydream Believer – See Previous
3. Parker’s Annilann Miss Sweetheart at Weyhill
4. Becquet & Derby’s Pearkim Prunella Dargess
5. Selwood’s Vaiana Cocking
Junior (13– 2)
1. Gorka’s Shansart Mary Poppins – See Previous
2. Craig’s Alisma Amiable – Dark blue who on handling impressed in this strong junior class. Balancedheadpiece,kinddarkeyeandastrongmuzzle. Goodlengthtoneck,setinto correct shoulders, with matching return of forearm. Good width and depth to brisket, well off for substance and small 5ght feet. Plenty of spring to rib and short in loin. Moved out well with level top line.
3. Thomas’ Claramand Angel Delight
4. Whitehead’s Ryallcourt Minnehaha
5. Vranckaert’s Kenwad Now Voyager B J CH
Yearling (7 – 3)
1. Pearce-Gudger ‘s Nulea Enchanted – Lovely typey blue, who 5cked all the right boxes. Correct matching angles all through. Great width and depth of chest, good substance and the best of feet. Loved her front construc5on, short in loin and stood four square and excelled in rump. When she gets more animated on the move she will be up with the best.
2. Vranckaert’s Kenwad Now Voyager B J CH – A very pre2y head to this young lady with an appealing expression. Moderate length to neck, good shoulder placement, correct angles all through. Good spring of rib with matching depth, short in loin, level top line, good tail set.
3. Hill’s Princehill Shining Star
4. Miller’s Eddeswarren Temptress
Maiden (3 – 0)
1. Beswick’s Cachel Maidens Request – A nicely made blue with one of the best heads of the day with a so` mel5ng expression. Good length to neck, set in to fine shoulders, correct front angles with matching at the rear. Good spring of rib with great width and depth to
forechest, super bone and best of feet. Great width to quarters and width of rear. Would have preferred a li2le more tail ac5on.
2. Taylor’s Tryveka Moaning Myrtle – Black with good make shape and type. Balanced head with a so` mel5ng expression. Matching angles front and rear, good substance and good spring of rib. Moved out well and held her top line,
3. Ray & Challand’s Annilann Miss Mellow
1. Pearce-Gudger ‘s Nulea Enchanted – See Previous
Undergraduate (8 – 3)
1. Terry’s Shaggylands That’s Life - Blue built on slightly bigger lines, that said impressed on handling. Won this class on her free movement, correct front extension and rear driving ac5on. Pleasing head and good depth and width to forechest, ample ribbing and short in loin. Well-muscled and good width to rump.
2. Dicker’s Dykere Meant To Be – B&W with a pleasing head and kind dark eye, angles in good order, good substance and small feet. Correct ribbing, short in loin, well let down hocks and good rear driving ac5on. Would have preferred a bit more anima5on when moving.
3. Tompkin’s Clavaire Poetry In Mo5on
4. Wright’s Chazbaz Glam Girl
Post Graduate (13 – 3)
1. Master’s & Do2’s Manchela Lady Million CC and RBIS – B&W who impressed for overall breed type, true cocker movement and ever wagging tail. Balanced head piece with so` mel5ng expression. Ample width and depth to forechest, copious amount of substance and the best of feet. Good spring and length of rib, short in loin. Best of quarters and well- muscled in first and second thigh, best of tail sets. Short hock’s and loved her rear driving movement. Handled sympathe5cally and presenta5on A1.
2. Morris’ Riondel Caribbean Blu – A sound honest blue with the sweetest of heads with everything in good order. Big ribs, plenty of substance, small feet, good depth and width to chest. Short in loin and moved out well and was well muscled.
3. Ward’s Pearkim Persephone at Wensum
4. West’s Sheigra Simply A Star
5. Birkenshaw’s Gilcar Rumour Has It
Special Beginners (10 – 1)
1. Sinclair’s Casadeperros Octubre at Duclarus – Red of good type with everything in modera5on. Sweet head with kind dark eye, good width to muzzle. Ample heart room, correct shoulder placement, good substance and small feet. Short in loin, well-muscled and wide rump. When moving she held her top line with good front extension. Presenta5on A1.
2. Driver’s Annilann Miss Magicstar at Beckaby – See previous
3. Whiteley’s Triveka Ginny Weasley
4. Tompkin’s Clavaire Poetry In Mo5on
5. Wells’ Annaside Over The Moon
Limit (11 – 3)
1. Bavin & Aus5n’s Royjoys Chase The Dream J.W. ShCM RCC – See Previous
2. Davies’ Kerriglow Honesty J.W. – Black bitch with the best of heads and mel5ng expression. Good depth to ribs and correct substance and lovely small feet. Good length of neck set in to fine correct shoulders. Moved out well and true, good width to rump and wide quarters.
3. Shinkfield’s Que2adene Touch The Starts JW
4. West’s Sheigra Stars In Her Eyes JW
5. Whitehead’s Ryallcourt Pearl Bu2on
1. Ke2le’s Sh Ch Lujesa Jean Genie JW – Worthy Sh Ch with everything in fine fe2le. Black with the sweetest of heads and appealing expression. Good width and depth to forechest, best of feet. Correct shoulders and return of forearm. Well sprung ribs and short in loin, moved out well and true with short let down hocks with excellent drive. Good width to rear and presented in 5p top order.
2. West’s Sheigra Super Special JW – Super make and shape to this black. Pre2y head and kind dark eye. Good angles to front and rear, well sprung ribs and correct depth and width to forechest. Short in loin and move out well and true with correct front extension, just preferred the more posi5ve rear ac5on of 1st.
3. Daniel’s Starbourne Calibrachoa
4. White’s Granrose Golden Ruby Sands