- Date: 21/07/2019
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Dawn Rose Contact Judge
- Published Date: 27/07/2019
Golden Retriever Club
GRC Championship Show 21/07/19
I would firstly like to thank the members for voting for me on the ballot and the committee for the invite and support to undertake the appointment. Thanks to Mary Neil for her support and help during the day and to Paula Edwards my co judge in the making of our joint decisions for the top awards.
The entry was full of quality and I was spoilt for choice in many classes. I was pleased with my top three in every class and some super bitches went cardless today although they were worthy. Thank you for entering and giving me the opportunity to judge your dogs.
I was looking for a balanced bitch which could move and was in good physical condition capable of doing a days work. A number of very good bitches lost out on higher honours due to carrying too much weight.
Veteran Bitch (7 years +) (10,1a)
1. Scott and Briggs’ Sh Ch Largymore Lingaigh JW In super coat and condition, this bitch is slightly longer cast but balanced throughout. Well angled front and rear giving her long striding movement when viewed from the side and true movement coming and going. Super feminine head, good reach of neck, well laid back shoulders, level topline which she kept on the move, good width of brisket and deep through the chest. Super tight catlike feet.
2. Coles Sh Ch Rooksbury Fuzzy Felts JW Close up to the first but was pipped on movement. Short coupled, level topline and good tailset, in excellent coat and condition. Balanced, in great coat and condition.
3. Angells Sh Ch Millanza Bedtime Story. Another longer cast but balanced bitch who has an excellent length of neck and front angulation. Topline not quite so firm on the move. In excellent coat and condition.
Special Veteran Bitch (9 years +) (10, 1a)
1. Dunbars Sh Ch Linirgor Braidwynn Je T’Aime JW Best Veteran Bitch and Best Veteran in Show. Although not in her best coat this bitch has a super outline and moves well with excellent reach in front and drive from the rear. Super feminine head, good length of neck, well laid back shoulders, deep well sprung ribs, level topline and good angles front and rear. In good hard condition.
2. Furbanks Ch Kayzelle Krystal Maze JW. This bitch can show some youngsters how to move, she covers the ground with a long even stride when viewed from the side. In excellent coat she is well angled front and rear and has a level topline which she keeps on the move. Close up to first.
3. Pounds-Longhursts Sh Ch Mossburn Eva Mindfool JW ShCM Good neck and shoulders, well angulated front and well bent stifle. Would prefer a darker eye. Moved well.
Minor Puppy Bitch (11, 5a)
1. Whelans Sandseers Pettirosso seven month old bitch, super outline, balanced and just right for age. Feminine head, excellent reach of neck, level topline and good tailset. Forelegs straight and elbows close fitting with good angles front and rear. Well let down hocks and excellent tight feet. Shown to advantage with wagging tail and personality which shines. Look forward to seeing her progress through her showing career.
2. Strachans Glenrioch Galston Gal. Close up to first but just lost out on movement. In super coat and condition, super angles front and rear, well let down hocks. Good width of stifle. Balanced all through.
3. Catterall & Jacksons Golmas Goodness Gracious. Another super puppy, not so mature as first two but excellent angles front and rear, level topline and moved well.
Puppy Bitch (15, 3a)
1. Bell’s Hoaaloha Moana BPB and Best Puppy in show Balanced bitch in super coat and hard condition. Super feminine head properties, excellent reach of neck, good front angulation placing her feet well under her. Forelegs straight with good bone and close fitting elbows. Level topline and good tailset. Well angulated rear with well let downs hocks. Moved well coming and going and excellent reach and drive when viewed from the side.
2. Dickson’s Tonara Penny Lane at Glynafton Another super puppy with many of the same attributes but she didn’t perform to exhance her attributes today. When she co-operated with her hander she moved well and has good angles front and rear, level topline and good feet.
3. Muncey’s Kennelridge Jena Not in such good coat as the previous two and slightly longer cast but still balanced. Super head, well let down hocks and good angulation front and rear. Moved well.
Junior Bitch (25, 8a)
Super class where I was spoilt for choice. The first three bitches were so good I was really splitting hairs in the decisions.
1. Porter’s Shearstone Muck Fe. Smaller bitch but what a cracker. She is so balanced, with no excesses and everything in the right place and correct proportions. She has a feminine head, super flow of neck, correct well laid back shoulders, good upperarm, placing her legs well under her, forelegs straight with close fitting elbows, short coupled, excellent rear angulation with well let down hocks, excellent feet. She moves straight and true with excellent reach and drive when viewed from the side.
2. Price’s Paltons Up Up and Away. Another super bitch, close up to first, slightly larger framed all over but again everything in proportion. Well angulated front and rear, well laid back shoulders, short coupled, in rich golden coat. Just preferred the movement of first.
3. Grady’s Glenrioch Coyoteugly Another super bitch. Longer cast than other two but balanced in good coat, super front angulation and moved well.
Yearling Bitch (18, 10)
1. Gebhard’s Calacarey Ragamuffin Rose Well made bitch in super dark golden coat in excellent hard condition. Pretty feminine head, good reach of neck, well angulated front and rear, deep well sprung ribs, covered the ground with long purposeful strides. Deep through the body, level topline, good tailset and catlike feet. Moved true coming and going and stands foursquare with excellent topline.
2. Simms’ Messano Remember Me for StVincent Balanced bitch with good angulation. In good coat and condition and just preferred the movement of the first. Excellent catlike feet, level topline, good reach of neck, well laid back shoulders, good width of stifle.
3. Kipps’ Willowlawn Orient Express to Wheatcroft JW Not in her best coat today which placed her behind the other two but presented a nice outline and moved well with drive from her well let down hocks.
Novice Bitch (19, 2a)
1. Bell’s Hoaaloha Moana
2. Dickson’s Tonara Penny Lane at Gylnafton
3. Linfield’s Rosgar Esperanza at Tonara Compact balanced bitch in excellent coat and condition. Good length of neck, level topline, good angles front and rear moved well.
Undergraduate Bitch (13, 1a)
1. Prices’ Palton Up Up and Away
2. Bell’s Hoaaloha Moana
3. Gebhard’s Calacarey Ragamuffin Rose
Graduate Bitch (14, 3a)
1. Robbins and Rowark’s Quakerhall Lady Bountiful by Brekswood JW Balanced bitch in super coat and condition. Super feminine head with excellent reach of neck. Good length of upper arm, straight front, deep through the chest, level topline and good tailset. Well angled rear with good width of stifle and well let down hocks. Moved well with drive covering the ground with long even stride.
2. Foster’s Mockingjay vd Corner Brook JW, another super bitch who has excellent front construction with front legs placed well under the body, matching rear angulation gives her driving ground covering movement showing a super outline on the move. Deep well sprung ribs. Preferred the overall substance of the winner but there is lots to like about this bitch.
3. Douthwaite and Wharfe’s Gracewood Mackenzie, a bitch I have admired from the ringside and doesn’t disappoint close up. Super angulation front and rear, feminine head, moves well with drive but today lost out on coat.
Post Graduate Bitch (18, 3a)
1. Smith’s Goldmarker Luminara Dark coated bitch with feminine head, good reach of neck, well laid back shoulders and level topline. Deep well sprung ribs. Good front assembly which is complimented by matching rear angles, giving excellent long striding, driving movement when viewed from the side. Straight and true when viewed from the front. Well bent stifles and well let down hocks.
2. Gargan’s Siagar Final Edition. Paler bitch with excellent front and rear assembly giving super balanced outline. Feminine head and reachy neck, well laid back shoulders, deep through the heart and well sprung ribs, level topline and well let down hocks. Not quite as positive on the move as first.
3. McGeoch’s Nedlezah Moonlight Mist JW Balanced bitch in excellent coat and condition, Just preferred the front angulation of the first two but there is much to like about this bitch from her pretty head, good reach of neck and level topline. Moved well.
Mid Limit Bitch (17, 6a)
1. Santinon’s Rizonhills Loles Leon Balanced darker gold bitch. Excellent front angulation placing her feet well under her, deep through the chest, short coupled. Level topline and good tailset, well angled rear with well let down hocks and neat feet. Moved well coming and going and covered the ground with long free strides when viewed from the side.
2. Clunie’s Warrentor Maple Moon another super balanced bitch, just preferred the length of upper arm of first. In excellent coat and condition, attractive head with good reach of neck, well angulated front and rear, level topline and well let down hocks. Moved with drive, presenting a lovely picture when viewed from the side.
3. Jackson-Haines’ Leighsham In the Summer Time. Longer cast bitch in good coat and condition. Balanced all through and moves with long ground covering stride. Excellent reach of neck, good topline and tailset.
Limit Bitch (18, 7a)
1. Taylor’s Pandreft Harmony for Hattie – Super bitch who presents the most beautiful outline. Very attractive feminine head, super neck and front angulation, elbows close fitting, deep well sprung ribs. Level topline and tailset, deep through the heart, good rear angulation with good width of stifle and well let down hocks. Covered the ground with ease and was close up for top honours.
2. Santinon’s Rizonhills Loles Leon
3. Jackson-Haines’ Leighsham Society Spice, another super bitch from this kennel shown to perfection. Super head and excellent angulation front and rear, moves with drive from well let down hocks.
Open Bitch (11, 2a)
Super class of quality bitches
1. Monteverde’s It/Int Sh Ch Primevera in Anticipo Della Val D’Aveto BCC and Best in Show. For me this bitch epitomises everything I want from a Golden Retriever. She fits the standard from her attractive feminine head to the tip of her perfectly set tail. She moves with drive and pace and covers the ground with ease because she is so well put together. Her front and rear angulation are equal and the length to height are of the correct ratio. She is presented perfectly and in excellent coat and condition and has such a rapport with her owner she stands out as the ultimate showgirl. Loved the flow of her neck into well laid back shoulders, a level topline, well sprung ribs, deep through the heart, short coupled, good second thigh, and well let down hocks.
2. Hill and Smith’s Sh Ch Megarvey Once Upon a Time JW. This super bitch just gets better and better and was seriously considered for the RCC. She is balanced and has excellent substance, good angulation front and rear, in excellent coat and presented to perfection. She covers the ground well, driving from well let down hocks and has good reach in front. She has well sprung ribs, deep through the heart and a level topline.
3. McGeoch’s Sh Ch Nedlezah Hey Jude JW Another super bitch full of quality. Super outline and in excellent coat and condition. Attractive head, good neck and level topline. Moved well with good length of stride.
Field Trial Bitch (1)
1. Palk’s Tallygold Michigan Blue. Stood alone but deserved her first. A four year old bitch with a good reach of neck, level topline and in excellent coat and condition. Moved well in what is an unnatural arena for her. She could obviously work all day and it was lovely to see the Working side of the breed represented.
Special Show Gundog/Working Gundog Certificate Bitch (3)
1. Clarkson’s Ch Drumkilty Hibernia JW. RCC Best Special Show Gundog/Working Gundog Certificate in Show A favourite of mine who again fits the standard so well from her attractive head, excellent reach of neck, well laid back shoulders. Front legs straight and elbows close fitting. Super angulation on front and rear, well sprung ribs, short coupled, level topline and good tailset. Well let down hocks and good bend of stifle which she uses to advantage on the move.
2. Morss’ Desiderio Pasa Doble. Bitch with excellent substance and size, good reach of neck and level topline. Neat feet and well let down hocks. Well sprung ribs and deep through the chest. Moved well.
3. Ch Tashsheen Martinique JW Smaller bitch but totally balanced, Shown to advantage with an ever wagging tail. Good reach of neck, level topline, well angulated front and rear, good spring of rib and short coupled. Would prefer a darker eye.
Special Working Bitch (1)
1. Pounds-Longhursts Brodene Tempestivity To Mossburn 11 year old bitch who has a superb attitude to life. She is in great condition and shows herself off with ever wagging tail. Good reach of neck and matching angles front and rear. Moves well for her age and has a super topline which she keeps on the move.