- Date: 27/12/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Tina Williamson Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Stourbridge & District Canine Society
Thank you to the committee for the opportunity to judge ‘Goldens’ at this well-run show, to my 2 stewards George & Catherine, and to the exhibitors for bringing their dogs along on the day. Although a numerically small entry I was pleased with the quality of the exhibits and as would be expected temperament was excellent. I was delighted with my Best of Breed and Best Puppy - it was unfortunate that neither were able to stay for the group judging. I wish them all the best for the future and will watch their progress with interest
1. Price’s Palton Up Up and Away. Lovely 10 months bitch shown in gleaming deep golden coat. Feminine head with excellent pigment. She is well off for bone and has well-padded cat-like feet. Good spring to ribs for one so young. She is short coupled with correct angles fore and aft. Moved & handled well. Best Puppy.
2. Matthew’s Mavistan Pandora. A lot to like about this 10 months bitch shown in well-presented mid gold coat. Feminine head with gentle expression and good pigment. She has a clean outline and well angulated front and rear. Not the maturity of body as 1 at the moment. Moved straight & true. Sympathetically handled.
3. Martins’ Shannonstyle Precious Girl
Junior (3, 1abs)
1. List’s Haydengold Rumour Has It. Eye-catching bitch of 15 months presenting a very balanced & clean outline. She has a distinctly feminine head with soft expression and dark pigment. Excellent reach of neck into well laid shoulders and correct return of upper arm. Good bend of stifle and strong level topline held on the move with tail straight off the back. Not in full coat but could not deny her BOB sealed by her precise movement. Pleased to learn this win gave her the final point for JW.
2. Bufton & Riley’s Wylloh Anastasia. 13 months bitch. Longer cast than 1. Presented in mid gold coat in nice condition. Dark pigment and head of correct proportions. She has a well angulated front and rear assembly though not the overall balance of 1. Moved & handled well.
1. Price’s Palton Call Me Madam. 3 year old compact feminine bitch. Nice head and expression with good pigment. She is short-coupled, has a good depth of forechest and has well sprung ribs. Her mid gold coat was a little lacking in condition and feathering. Nice angles front and rear but movement a little erratic.
Postgraduate (2, 1 abs)
1. Price’s Palton Call Me Madam
Open (5, 3 abs)
1. Nicholls’ Largymore You’re My World. 4 year old dog shown in well-presented coat and in hard condition. Masculine head with good pigment. Well-padded catlike feet. He has a balanced outline in profile, is short coupled and holds his topline on the move. He excels in front and rear angulation and moves straight and true fore and aft. Would have liked to see him displaying a more relaxed attitude today.
2. Whitfield’s Amberdella Miracle Dancer. 2 year old mid gold bitch. Nice head and good pigment. Adequate bone and has good angles front and rear. Carrying too much weight for me and this was reflected in her movement today. Would prefer a more level topline.
Judge - Tina Williamson (Sandti)