- Date: 04/11/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Simon O'Gorman Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
East Kent Canine Society
Thank you to the Exhibitors for the entry and to the Committee for organising a great show. We had a fantastic large outside ring and the weather was mild for the time of year. This allowed the 2 Retriever breeds to show movement to the fullest, which was shown by both Best of Breeds.FLATCOATED RETRIEVER
PUPPY DOG/BITCH (5, 1a)
1. Taite’s Gamerights Troyte Well shaped head and eye, excellent bone, good angulation and superb driving action. Level top line and fantastic temperament, dense coat, fine in texture and good quality. Balanced and very promising puppy, and one to watch for the future. BPIB and was delighted to hear he also won Puppy Group 1.
2. Mr & Mrs Bell’s Rotherfield Just For Show Another eye-catching youngster with an intelligent expression. Moderate bend of stifle with hocks well let down, showing power on the move, moved well but preferred movement of 1st .
3. Swan’s Swantonwood Gold Leaf
JUNIOR DOG/BITCH (2, 0a)
1. Swan’s Swantonwood Gold Leaf Good movement, nice head and expression, dark eyes, good depth and length to his ribcage and a good quality coat.
2. Sutton’s Danluda Adventurous Adam Kind expression and good bone and feet, lovely straight quality coat. Not holding his outline as well as 1st on the move due to being distracted.
POST GRADUATE DOG/BITCH (3, 0a)
1. Delamere’s Gamerights Deep River Blues Attractive head shape and good overall construction which allowed her to move positively. Presented in great condition. Her level top line and her free flowing movement caught my eye. RBOB
2. Mrs & Mr Hutchinson’s Quills Mint Julep With Waverton JW (AI) (IMP SWE) Good head shape, correct front and rear angulation. Movement on the day was not as sound as 1st .
3. Bell’s Shadowstream Fly The Flag
OPEN DOG/BITCH (3, 1a)
1. Bell’s Rotherfield Black Illusion Great head and correct shaped dark eyes. Good reach of
neck and well laid-back shoulders. Good angles, both, front and rear, good depth of chest. Well driven & he held his topline level on the move, keeping an ever wagging tail. His effortless movement and happy attitude allowed me to award him the BOB.
2. Taite’s Gayplume Bowled Over ShCM Correct shaped head & eye. Moderate angles both front and rear. Moved out well. Happy, outgoing temperament. Preferred the overall balance of 1st.