- Date: 08/04/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Samantha Webster Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Welsh Beagle Club
A massive thank you to the Welsh Beagle Club for this appointment which I thoroughly enjoyed and to all the exhibitors for allowing me to go over your lovely hounds. I found all exhibits to be in good condition and of even temperament. Although not a big turnout there were some difficult decisions to make.
Minor Puppy Dog (4 entries, 2 absent)
1) Taylor’s Deaconfield Kingcraft – A lovely start to the day by going over this cracking tri baby. Just 6 months old but already showing a lot of potential. Compact and smart outline in outline. Lovely head with a soft expression and dark eyes. Well placed shoulders, forelegs straight and neat feet. Topline firm and level. Good rear angulation with parallel hocks. He moved soundly in all directions and really held his own against the mature adults today. Pleased to award him BD, BPD & BPIS.
2) Warren & Thomas’s Ospreagle Stop the Press at Hilbeaglin – Another smart tri boy, 7 months old. I liked his overall shape and substance. Good length of neck and well ribbed. Short coupled and a correct tailset. He also moved well but preferred the head and expression of 1.
Puppy Dog (2 entries, 1 absent)
1) Peterson’s Troopersway Prince George – Dark tri male. 9 months old and has great substance for his age. An appealing expression although would just prefer a cleaner head to complete the picture. Correct bite and well-set leathers. Good forehand construction and tidy feet. Deep chest and strong loins. Pasterns short and hocks firm. In great condition and muscle. RBPD
Junior Dog (0 entries)
Novice Dog (5 entries, 4 absent)
1) Peterson’s Troopersway Prince George – see puppy dog
Graduate Dog (3 entries, 2 absent)
1) Bradley & Richmond’s Dufosee Yardbird at Candowindra – A spirited Tan & White boy of nearly 2 years. Presents a good outline and he is nicely put together. Well laid shoulders and elbows firm. Good depth of chest and spring of rib. Great rear angulation which powered him around the ring with drive, however would just prefer cleaner movement going away.
Post Graduate Dog (2 entries, 0 absent)
1) Holland’s Eardley Walk the Talk at Tagahound – Tan & White male who has just turned 3 years old. Really like his compact shape and he has a lovely head and expression. Forelegs straight, pasterns short and neat feet. Nicely laid shoulders and short coupled. Stifles well bent and correct tailset. He really excels in movement with great reach and drive.
2) Warren & Thomas’s Ospreagle Ottoff The Press at Hilbeaglin – 4-year-old tri male. Dark eyes, correct bite and set on of leathers. Good length of neck leading into a well-made forehand. Topline firm and nicely muscled throughout. Well bent stifles and good tailset. Just out-moved by 1 today.
Limit Dog (4 entries, 1 absent)
1) May’s Janfrey Bosley – 1 ½ year old dark tri boy. Handsome headpiece with an alert but appealing expression. Smart outline and presented himself very well being free shown. Great length of neck and lay of shoulder. Pasterns short, tidy feet well ribbed. Topline level and firm. He had good reach and used his well-angulated hindquarters to drive him around the ring. RBD
2) Peterson’s Troopersway Gladiator JW – All male tri of 2 years. He has great substance like his half-brother, winner of PD. and an appealing outline. Soft head and expression with good length of leathers. Straight forelegs and topline. Chest deep, stifles well bent and hocks firm. Correct tailset held when stood and on the move. Just felt 1 had better reach in front today.
Open Dog (1 entry, 1 absent)
Veteran Dog (3 entries, 2 absent)
1) Roderick’s Barterhound Garrison – 7 ½ year old Tan and White male. I liked his head, nicely proportioned with a kind expression and dark eyes. Correct bite and well-set leathers. Elbows firm, pasterns short and tidy feet. Topline straight and level. In good muscle and condition. Moved soundly carrying his stern well. BVD
Minor Puppy Bitch (4 entries, 1 absent)
1) Taylor’s Deaconfield Keepsake – Tan & White girl of 6 months and litter sister to MPD winner. Not as well behaved as her brother at this stage but just pulled out the stops to win this class. She’s also got a lot to like with similar attributes. Compactly built and a firm topline. Well angulated fore and aft with good bone and ribbing. When cooperating she moved soundly. RBPB
2) Holland’s Marada Lolola At Tagahound – Very sweet 7-month-old tri. Soft expression, correct bite and great length of neck. Well-developed chest and ribbing for her age. Forelegs straight and tidy feet. Hocks firm and parallel. She moves well in profile but just felt 1 was sounder coming towards me.
Puppy Bitch (6 entries, 1 absent)
1) Evan’s Bellvalley Delmelza – Pretty tri of 10 months who has a lot to like. Clean head, correct ear set and length. Well placed shoulders leading into a firm topline. Good depth of chest, hocks well let down and tidy feet. Felt she was the best mover in this class, really flowed with drive.
2) May’s Janfrey Dotty – 11-month-old tri girl. A fairly similar mould to 1 and she also has a lot to like. Would just prefer a slightly darker eye to finish an otherwise lovely head. Scores in neck and shoulders. Forelegs straight and a good spring of rib. Good rear angulation and correct tailset. Moved soundly reaching out well.
Junior Bitch (3 entries, 1 absent)
1) Warren & Thomas’s Emorlen Gypsey Tango at Hilbeaglin – This 17-month-old dark tri girl presents such a lovely outline. Great length of neck and depth of chest with good angulation up front. Level topline, good bone and muscle. Hocks firm and parallel. Moved well with reach and drive.
2) Richmond’s Canowindra Fair Eva – Sweet Tan & white of 14 months. A smaller build than 1. She has a soft expression and dark eyes. Straight forelegs, firm elbows and good ribbing. Great rear angulation with well bent stifles giving her good drive. Just felt one had better reach today on the move but pushed for 1st.
Novice Bitch (5 entries, 3 absent)
1) Taylor’s Deaconfield Jasmine – A 10-month-old tri girl. I really liked her head properties and forehand construction. Correct bite and ear set. Good depth of chest and pasterns short. She didn’t present the best picture when stacked today but comes into her own on the move with a sound gait.
2) Peterson’s Trooperway Princess Peggy – Feminine 9-month-old Tan & White. She free shows well and has a compact outline. Sweetest expression with dark eyes. Well ribbed, short coupled and carries her stern correctly. Unfortunately, she didn’t move as well as her competition today.
Graduate Bitch (7 entries, 2 absent)
1) Howell’s Emorlen Cha Cha Cha – Compact 17-month-old tri. Kind expression and good length of leathers. Great depth of chest, forelegs strong and well underneath her. Topline level, good bend of stifle and firm hocks. She moved out well covering the ground.
2) Cornell’s Bellvalley Annabell from Bronlly’s – Tan & white girl, nearly 3 years old. I liked her head and neck length. Well angulated forequarters and tidy feet. Well ribbed and a firm topline. She also moved well and but just preferred the more compact outline of 1.
Post Graduate Bitch (7 entries, 2 absent)
1) Brown’s Raimex Reed Bunting – This 2-year-old open marked tri has the most appealing of expressions. Well-made forehand with nicely laid shoulders. Firm topline, good depth of chest and ribbing. Great muscle and strong loins. Good bend of stifle, hocks firm and parallel. She moved soundly in all directions.
2) Bradley’s Dufosee Starshine – 3-year-old tri girl. Soft head and expression with correct ear set. Great length of neck and lay of shoulder. Forelegs straight and pasterns short. Topline straight and level. She moved out well but felt 1 had better angulation in the rear.
Limit Bitch (4 entries, 2 absent)
1) Tanner’s Felinoak Bailey’s ‘N’ Ice – Lovely tri girl of nearly 2 years. She just commands attention. She presents the loveliest of outlines and going over her doesn’t disappoint. A nicely proportioned head and great length of neck. Well-made forehand with a good layback of shoulder and equal upper arm. She has great muscle with strong loins and a well angulated rear all of which she uses to move effortlessly around the ring. Not just a pretty picture but a hound I believe could work with no trouble. Delighted to award her BIS.
2) Cornell’s Bellvalley Pearl from Bronllys ShCM – 5-year-old dark tri. Great head and expression. Dark eyes and correct bite. Well placed shoulders and straight forelegs set well underneath her. Topline firm and good tailset. She also covered the ground well and unlucky to meet 1 in such form.
Open Bitch (6 entries, 1 absent)
1) Bradley’s Dufosee Northern Star – Really liked this 4-year-old tri girl. She is balanced and feminine. Great length of neck and forehand construction with equal upper arm. Forelegs straight and pasterns short. Topline firm and correct tailset. Hocks well let down and parallel. She moved with ease. RBB
2) Davies Davricard Hollyhock for Barrvale – Tan & white girl of 3 years. Sweet head and expression. Correct bite and set of leathers. Elbows firm, good depth of chest and well ribbed. Topline level and short coupled. Stifles well bent and carried her stern well. Just felt 1 had better forehand angulation.
Veteran Bitch (6 entries, 1 absent)
A lovely class of Veterans, they could have changed places on another day.
1) Brown’s Raimex Rowanberry JW – Nearly 9-year-old open marked tri. Like her granddaughter, winner of PGB, she has such a lovely head and expression. Although longer cast she is still balanced. Good length of neck and well laid shoulders. Straight forelegs and topline. Hocks firm and great rear angulation giving her drive on the move. BVB & BVIS
2) Roderick’s Barterhound Razzle – This 9 ½ year old tri girl certainly doesn’t show her age and is still showing herself off well. She has a kind expression and good length of leathers. Well angulated forequarters and tidy feet. Great depth of chest and muscle. Good bend of stifle and tidy feet. She moved soundly, covering the ground well.
Samantha Webster (Houndscoast)