- Show Date: 26/05/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judged by: Samantha Webster Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Tyne Wear & Tees Hound Association
Puppy Dog or Bitch (3,0abs)
1. Goldberg’s Newlin Perth at Molesend – 10-month-old tri male. A promising youngster with a correct head and expression. Good length of neck and well laid shoulders. Forelegs straight and pasterns strong. Lovely bone and depth of chest. He is in good muscle and condition. Topline level, hocks firm and well let down. He moved soundly with drive. BOS & BP
2. MacDonald & Gray’s Davricard Hopscotch – Very sweet 11-month old bitch. Soft expression with correct bite and earset. I liked her fore angulation and she has tidy feet. Well ribbed and short coupled. Good bend of stifle and held her stern well. She still has some maturing to do but should come with time.
Junior Dog or Bitch (4,0abs)
1. Foster & Jones Stormpasture Nightcap – Smart 12 month old tri girl. Longer cast but balanced. Dark eye, good set and length of leathers. Good length of neck, nicely laid shoulders and equal upper arm. Forelegs set well underneath her and she has good ribbing. Stifles well bent and hocks parallel. She covers the ground well on the move.
2. Powell’s Hayapark Feather – 13 month old tan & white bitch. She has a very appealing expression, correct bite and a well-made forehand. Topline firm, chest deep and short coupled. Pasterns short, tidy feet and correct tailset. She moves well in profile but just felt 1 was sounder moving away.
Post Graduate Dog or Bitch (4,1abs)
1. Goldberg’s Broadshore Abbracci at Molesend – 2 year old mottled tri bitch. She certainly shows the merry temperament of our breed. I really liked her head, soft and appealing. Well laid shoulders, elbows firm and a level topline. Good bone and spring of rib. She moves very soundly in all directions.
2. Jones Newlin Preston to Clairedale – 10-month-old tri male. He shares similar attributes to his brother (winner of Puppy) with a lovely head and expression. Great length of neck and fore-hand construction. Forelegs straight and chest deep with good ribbing. Good bend of stifle and set of stern. He moves out well but just needs to firm up in topline, hopefully this will come with age.
Limit Dog or Bitch (2,0abs)
1. Goldberg’s Molesend Secret JW – Feminine tan & white girl of nearly 2 years. She presents a lovely outline and has the sweetest of expressions. Great length of neck, well laid shoulders and equal upper arm. Forelegs straight, chest deep and short coupled. Stifles well bent, hocks firm and parallel. A joy to watch on the move, she strides out with good reach and drives well from behind. Pleased to award her BOB and delighted to hear she took Best in Show!
2. Butters & Theobald’s Brigam Lace Stockings of Breskar – Tan & white bitch, nearly 7 years old. She has a soft expression and nicely proportioned head. Correct bite and ear set. Long neck and good lay of shoulder. Topline firm and level. Well angulated quarters and carries her stern well on the move. Unlucky to meet 1 today.
Open Dog (2,1abs)
1. Foster & Jones Dufosee Canowindra Eye of The Storm – Masculine tri male of 18 months. Would prefer him more compact. Well set leathers, dark eye and a correct bite. Great length of neck and good fore-hand angulation. Pasterns short, good depth of chest and well bent stifles. A sound mover coming and going.
Open Bitch (3,0abs)
1. Jones Clairedale Willowmena ShCM – 8 year old tri girl, not showing her age at all. Compact in outline and has a pretty head and expression. Well laid shoulders but would just prefer a little more upper arm. Forelegs straight and tidy feet. Good depth of chest, topline firm and short coupled. Stifles well bent, hocks firm and parallel. Moves soundly with drive.
2. Parkin’s Molesend Query – Sweet 3 year old tri bitch with an appealing expression. Would prefer a slightly longer muzzle to complete her head proportions. Good length of neck and fore-angulation. Forelegs well underneath her, great bone and ribbing. She is in great muscle and condition. Carries herself freely on the move striding out well.
Special Yearling Dog or Bitch (3,0abs)
1. Hirst, Melbourne & Walker’s Diheath Really Cosmic at Kejana – Masculine open marked tri male of 10 months, showing great maturity for his age. I liked his head and expression. Correct bite, great forehand construction, chest deep and elbows sitting well. Good ribbing, bone and very well-muscled. He’s a sound mover and drives well from behind. BP
2. Robinson’s Bushoby A New Moon – Feminine 14 month old tri bitch with correctly shaped and dark eyes. Ears set low and of good length. Well laid shoulders and strong forelegs. Topline firm, strong loins and well ribbed. She moves well in profile but just felt 1 was sounder moving away.
Post Graduate Dog or Bitch (1,0abs)
1. Melbourne & Hudson’s Diheath Bob – 9 month old red & white girl. Very sweet young lady. She has good head planes and a long, muscular neck. I liked her forehand assembly. Well laid shoulders and equal upper arm. Good bone and well-muscled throughout. Hocks firm and strong. Held her topline and stern well on the move.
Open Dog or Bitch (2,0abs)
1. Melbourne & Murray’s Diheath Wreckless Eric – A 2-year-old dark tri male. Just loved this happy chap! Very nice expression, correct eye shape and bite with good head proportions. Great length of neck and well laid shoulders. Topline level and broad. Just the right bend of stifle and hocks firm. Nothing excessive and he is a very sound mover in all directions. Pleased to award BOB.
2. Robinson’s Bushoby The Architect – Red & white male of nearly 3 years. Another nice male with a lot to like. Masculine head, dark eyes and correct bite. Long, well set ears. Neck well arched and muscular leading into a firm and level topline. Chest deep, good ribbing and well-muscled hindquarters giving him drive. He was just slightly out-moved by 1 today.
Samantha Webster (Houndscoast)