- Date: 08/12/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Luke Johnston Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
South Yorkshire Hound Society
South Yorkshire Hound Society
Saturday 8th December 2018
I was delighted with my first entry of judging this breed, which consisted of multiple Champions. Unfortunately, due to spell in kennel cough, many were unable to attend, which was disappointing from a selfish perspective, but very understandable.
1. Launder & Preston’s Barbelka Aurora Nights. Bitch of good size and substance. Good head; broad skull, small ears set on high and oval eyes. I would have preferred more length of length and straighter forelegs. Lovely temperament. Moved soundly with good carriage.
2. Jaram & Metcalf’s Kestos Casey. Up to size but everything in proportion, particularly admired his length of leg. Unfortunately, he was far too exuberant to truly assess him today.
1. Middleton’s Ch Graythor Norwegian Lights ShCM. I was delighted to be presented with this super bitch! She was square and compact, with enough length of leg to give her the correct proportions. Gorgeous head with ears set on high and alert at all times. Great confirmation throughout and solid in body. She moved so soundly and with great carriage at all times. My pleasure to award her BOB, thank you for bringing her. Thrilled to see her go BVIS later in the day, under a breed specialist.
2. 1st in Limit.
1. Kerry’s Kireton Beau Diddley. Black and tan masculine dog. Long, masculine head with good eyes and ears. Plenty forechest and good return of upper arm. Good spring of rib and carried well back. Would have preferred better shoulders and croup. Moved OK. BOB.
Dachshund (Miniature Smooth-Haired)
1. Fossett’s Lokmadi Peggy Sue for Brysdax. 9 month bitch. Pleasing, feminine bitch with plenty of ground clearance. Pretty head and good eye, neck of good length which runs smoothly into well placed shoulders. Level topline and also held on the move. Super little mover with a great temperament.
2. Mason’s Teckeltown You’re The One. 6 month old. Another lovely little bitch and a super mover. Could have done with much less weight, which would have enhanced her neck and outline, and she could have done much better.
Post Graduate (6,1abs)
1. Mason’s Teckeltown Something Magic. 6 month old up to size dog. A smart dog with good overall construction. Good head and intelligent expression. Well angulated fore and aft. Good forechest, spring of rib and ribs carried well back. Presents a good outline with plenty neck, and holds it superbly on the move. Decent feet. Moved absolutely true and sound in all directions, in a defiant manner, with which he claimed BOB and BP.
2. Hambling’s Sunlux Leeloo (IMP RUS). Black and tan bitch with lots of style. Long head of good proportions, lovely neck into good shoulders. A little long but admired her ground clearance. Balanced fore and aft and therefore moved soundly in all directions. RBOB.
1. Mason’s Ayla Starlight from Teckeltown. Well-made bitch of good proportions and balance. Very much all of a piece and a sound mover. Could not match her kennelmate on movement and carriage for BOB.
2. Shutt’s Donnadoon Dreamdust. A little too long in proportions but good balance in angulation fore and aft. Good forechest and ribbing. Would prefer firmer pasterns and tighter feet. Moved well in profile keeping topline.