- Date: 16/06/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Linda King Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Taunton & District Canine Association
1. Waycott, Waybully Andromeda JW ShCM, 3yrs white male, plenty of strength and substance in this symmetric lad, pleasing masculine head with strong jaw and good ear set, muscular arched neck, straight and broad in front ,excellent bone, powerful body, well contoured quarters, good tail carriage and action. Moved soundly displaying good forward reach. BOB
2. Britnell, Pie ‘n Mash Queen, 2 yr old white b, needs maturity in body ,slightly short in neck and not the drive in movement or the eye of 1.
Retriever ( Curly Coated)
1. Edworthy Sh Ch Maycourt Chase The Ace, 7 years upstanding Liver D of quality, lovely wedge head, great pigmentation, excellent level top line, well angulated fore and aft, moved soundly with power and drive.BOB.
2. Courtier, Maycourt Crimson Moon, almost 2 years Black B, close up to 1 but has a lot of maturing to do, attractive wedge shaped head with firm top line, moved soundly, in good condition.
3. Courtier, Maycourt Hunky Dory JW ShCM.
Retriever (Flat Coated)
1. Simons, Rainesgift Royal Mint I Coedylan, 17 mths Black B, feminine head with correct planes and good finish to foreface, lovely body and clean, firm outline, pleasing tail set and carriage, moved soundly and confidently displaying great forward reach and drive, well handled. BOB .
2. Hayman, Tikkidui Showmans Dream, 12 mths Black D, much taller and more upright, losing out on maturity to 1, once he settled movement was sound.
Post Graduate (4,1)
1. Rainesgift Royal Mint I Coedylan.
2. Legg, Clandrift Dark Lady, 3 yrs Black B, very attractive head and expression, straight in front, standing on good limbs with wide powerful quarters, mature in body but not the outline or movement of 1.
3. Gale, Willowswind Nette Lark JW.
1. Hayman, Lussac Thorin, powerfully made 5 yrs Black D, standing on good limbs and feet, pleasing head and outline, just preferred the movement of the younger B today.
1. Harvey-Major, Linjor Rigbsy, 7 mths Yellow D headed a very nice class, real quality boy, beautifully shaped masculine head with pleasing expression and good pigmentation, excellent outline and otter tail, broad and powerful throughout, shown in very good condition, moved extremely well fore and aft, such a confident little lad, Best Puppy and pushed very hard for BOB...!!
2. Mutter, Incantator Brizo, 6 mths Black b, very nice, attractive head, strong body and well angulated throughout, moved well but not the maturity and power of 1.
3. Wilcox, Donamick Kira.
1. Kennett, Magnavalleys Cornishman, 19 mths black d, broad and powerful, good outline with excellent neck and quarters, straight front, very pleasing head and expression, shown in good condition. Playful temperament.
2. Wilcox, Donamick Prince Buster, 6 mths Black D, well made and sturdy throughout, with good outline, shown in good nick, moved well for a baby, lost on maturity.
3. Jeffries , Tiaja Love from Kimmy.
1. Moody, Trendlewood Mr Blue Sky, 3 yrs Yellow D, pleasing head, powerful neck and great depth to body, decent angulation throughout , moved soundly, shown in good condition, preferred his topline.
2. Farrar , Henissy All That Jazz JW, 4 yrs Black D, attractive head and expression, strong neck ,good tail and carriage, moved soundly, close up to 1 but a little longer cast than I prefer.
3. Evans, Radigan Iris of Tara, B.
1. Harvey-Major & Robin, My Linjor Des Landes D’Eole (Imp Fra), 2 yrs very typical Chocolate D, strong and broad throughout, good outline and clean neck, masculine head of good proportions, pleasing tail and decent angulation, moved really soundly with power and drive. Fought off a strong challenge from his younger kennel mate to win BOB.
Retriever (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling)
Post Graduate (7,2)
1. Dee, Melanitta Carelinus, 3 yrs D, soundly made throughout, powerfully built, pleasing level topline, shown in super coat and condition, good head and expression, alert and confident, excellent reachy front movement and strong driving from the rear.
2. Palfrey, Flushpoint What A Accident for Melanitta, 7 yrs B, beautiful b with excellent outline, super mover, in excellent condition, later learned mother of 1, hence they were so close to split in my reckoning.!
3. Morgan, Redaurora Comet’s Christmas of Deltandamba.
1. Morgan, Erikachen O’Ruadh for Deltandamba JW ShCM, well marked 3 yrs d of quality, with all to like about him, in excellent coat and condition, great tail carriage and powerful reaching and driving movement, attractive head and expression, pleasing compact shape good topline and size. BOB.
2. Ward, Flushpoint What A Aristocrat at Melanitta, 7yrs D, slightly longer cast than 1, very attractive head and expression, moved really well displaying great forward reach.
3. Palfrey, Foxdown Bertie Allsorts ShCM.
AV Special Veteran 7 – 9 years (Pastoral,Working,Utility & Toy) (10,1)
1. Price, Belroyd Pemcader Menna , 9 years Br/W Welsh Corgi (Cardigan) B, headed a really lovely class of Veterans, Excellent head and ear carriage, super neck, topline and rear angulation, moved powerfully covering the ring well, shown in great condition, excellent weatherproof coat.
2. Sharrock, We-Sedso Enjoy for Narocka 7 years Japanese Shiba Inu D, beautiful boy, shown in excellent coat and condition, well marked, good outline and tail carriage, moved soundly with drive.
3. Goodyear, Potterdale Blue Pearl at Dajue, 7 years Bearded Collie B.
AV Special Veteran 10 + Years (Pastoral,Working,Utility & Toy) (6,2)
1. Alder & Haste, Jacanshe Harvest Time with Aussiame ShCM, 10 years Australian Shepherd D, in excellent coat and condition, beautifully made throughout, excellent body properties, good outline, pleasing head and expression, correct angulation fore and aft, standing on sound sturdy limbs and excellent feet, all topped off by powerful and sound movement. Best Special Veteran and later delighted to make him Best Veteran in Show.
2. McShane , Milesend Drama Queen, 12 years Shetland Sheepdog B, well marked, with alert expression, good size and proportions, in good coat and condition, sound steady mover.
3. Mitchell & Fiddock, Belthorne Echo of Grace at Lowenek, 11 years Shetland Sheepdog B.
1. Smith, Snowshoes Telmarine King, 11 mths D, powerfully built with excellent outline, straight and strong in front, sturdy limbs and feet, lovely broad, masculine head and expression, moved soundly and rhythmically with strength and purpose, good tail and carriage, super showman, Best Puppy, BOB , Working Group 3 , Working Puppy Group and later delighted to award him Best Puppy in Show.
2. Barnes & Sexton Muzoku Lildevil, 15 mths B, excellent headpiece and in lovely coat, moved soundly with style and purpose, close up, but just not quite the front of 1.
3. Smith, Snowshoes The White Witch.
1. Muzoku Lildevil.
1. Hepworth, Kaotik Pole Position, 10 mths D, well made throughout with pleasing headpiece, good overall outline, but has a lot of maturing to do yet. Sound driving movement. Best Puppy.
1. Davey, Diceulon Indiana for Kitwe,15 mths B with a beautiful head, well made throughout, lovely outline, straight front, deep brisket, well angulated fore and aft, moved soundly with style.
1. Cowell, Sandexe Red Hot Fever, 3yrs D, powerful and balanced head, well marked, straight in front with correct length of neck fitting cleanly in to shoulders .Good top line, tail carriage and rear angulation, moved with strength, style and drive covering plenty of ground. Not quite in his best bib and tucker, but could not be ignored for sheer power, soundness and showmanship. BOB, Working Group and Res Best In Show.
1. Groves, Lateagain Gold Dust JW, 2 yrs Black B, super top line and clean outline, great body and rear angulation, settled and sound on the move displaying good forward reach and drive from the hocks.
2. Edyveane, Jojavik Victor Rizzi at Kateamead, 10 mths Brown D, giving away a lot in age here, upstanding lad with excellent head and expression, great strength in neck and fore chest, strong and powerful throughout, needs to mature and drop into his quarters a little more, moved with drive. Best Puppy and Working Puppy Group 3.
1. Pilgrim, Woodbriar Fix Up Look SharpJW ShCM, 2 yrs Black D, headed a very nice class, stylish with superb outline, straight in front with great depth of body and good angulation fore and aft. Standing on sound limbs with good feet, excellent tan, moved soundly with great propulsion and panache. BOB. Working Group 4.
2. Groves Lateagain Heart of Gold, 3 years Black B, excellent outline with pleasing head and expression, great angulation fore and aft and moved well, very close up, just preferred the front of 1.
3. Groves & Stafford, Lateagain Satisfaction JW.
1. Newton, Bycosdycos Summer Time at Schlarra ShCM, quality 3years Fawn B, beautiful balanced and feminine head with elegant neck ,correct outline and depth of chest, strong arched loin and pleasing angulation throughout, moved soundly and with style, covering plenty of ground with ease. BOB and Working Group 2.
2. Newton , Schlarra Smooth Mover, 9 mths Fawn D, masculine head with good depth to body ,moved OK ,needs to firm in topline and drop in to his quarters, at a difficult stage to assess as lacking a lot of maturity in comparison to his kennelmate, but more assured than his litter sister in 3rd place. Best Puppy.
3. McGowan, Schlarra Picture Perfect at Penmarlan.
1. Folkes, Ch Dacfolke Obie Odakota JW, 2 yrs D, excellent size and substance, good outline, great masculine head and expression, well constructed throughout with excellent depth to body , in good coat and condition, moved soundly with style.
2. Folkes, Dacfolke Karmakhameleon, 11 mths D, presenting a similar picture to 1 though obviously at a much earlier stage of development, very nice head and pleasing markings, at this stage feet and pasterns are a little slack, but it’s a giant breed and he has a lot of maturing to do. Best Puppy.
1. Crane, Dortmund Great Expectation at Starrosa, 2 years D. Upstanding with strong head, neck and frame, well defined quarters with good depth to brisket, in great condition with good topline and tail set, just a little heavy over shoulders spoiling clean outline.
2. Vick, Ava Von Der Alten Festung at Vickangels, 9 months B with real ring presence, lovely head and eye, excellent depth of body, great spring of rib, once she settled she moved with drive and style, only losing out on maturity to 1. Best Puppy, Working Puppy Group 2.
3. Jackson , Bamabel Echo, B.
1. Vick, Mia Von Der Alten Festung at Vickangels, JW Sh CM, lovely head, powerful with plenty of work in it yet feminine, straight in front with excellent rib and depth , great rear angulation, good tail set and carriage, moved really soundly with style and drive. BOB
Post Graduate (1)
1. Edwards, Cyronelle Maggie May, 8 mths St Bernard B, enchanting baby, standing on sturdy and sound limbs, nicely constructed with beautiful balanced head and clean eye, straight in front with good length to neck and well placed shoulders, unexaggerated throughout, in great coat and condition, moved soundly. Best AVNSC Puppy and Working Puppy Group 4.
1. Wood, Tamarbern Dusky Maiden, 8 years BMD B, lovely feminine head, nicely marked, straight front, good outline, shown in very good condition for her age, moved soundly. Best AVNSC Working.
1. Smith , Snowshoes The White Witch, Malamute B, 11 mths, did herself no justice in her breed class, but a different handler makes a lot of difference and here moved much better and really looked the part, little to fault on her, will watch her progress and that of her litter brother with great interest..
1. Diceulon Indiana for Kitwe, Boxer B.
2. Tamarbern Dusky Maiden BMD.
TDCA, AV Open Stakes (Pastoral /Working/Toy /Utility) (11,4)
1. Snook & James, Tonkory Quickstep with Pitcombe JW, 2 years Border Collie, lovely head and outline, good carriage, well constructed with good markings, in great condition, moved freely with grace and style.
2. Casey, Angelcrest Wild One for Shamal, 1 yr Boston Terrier D, pleasing head and expression, clean outline with good length to neck, neatly constructed and moved with precision and power ,very close up to 1.
1. Sandexe Red Hot Fever, Boxer. Never stopped showing all day, hard to fault and consequently hard to ignore.
2. Bycosdycos Summer Time at Shlarra JW ShCM, Great Dane.
3. Snowshoes Telmarine King, Alaskan Malamute.
4. Woodbriar Fix Up Look Sharp JW ShCM, Dobermann.
Puppy Working Group
1. Snowshoes Telmarine King, headed a lovely group of puppies, the more I watched this beautifully presented and powerful dog move, the better he got, a really lovely youngster .
2. Ava Von Der Alten at Vickangels, Rottweiler.
3. Jojavik Victor Rizzi at Kateamead, Dobermann.
4. Cyronell Maggie May, St Bernard.
Best in Show
From seven lovely exhibits, Moore’s Schnauzer, Odivane Mummy’s Boy at Fillipers, just edged his way to the front, beautifully symmetric, exuding power, in great condition and moved relentessly. BIS.
RBIS Cowell’s Boxer Sandexe Red Hot Fever, never gave up for a moment, close up.
Best Puppy in Show
From a lovely final line up, the beautiful Alaskan Malamute, Smith’s Snowshoes Telmarine King BPIS.
RBPIS - Pile’s Border Terrier, Heading For Home at Moleschamber, captivating and game little chap, lovely otter head, in super nick and sound as a bell.