- Date: 15/09/2018
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Kelly Lee Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Exeter & County Canine Society
Exeter & County Canine Society – Open Show – Saturday 15th September 2018
Judge – Mrs Kelly Lee (Kelrick)
I would like to thank the committee of Exeter & County Canine Society for inviting me to judge at their open show, my stewards Colin Wills and Caitlin Tree who organised the ring efficiently for me and the exhibitors for their attendance and sporting attitudes. I was delighted with the large entry and very pleased to see Cavaliers with such lovely happy temperaments in the ring. This show was very well run and the exhibitors were extremely friendly and welcoming.
Breed – CKCS
P: (8) 1. Lewis’ Carleeto Satine. 10 month old black & tan bitch. Well presented raven black silky coat with tan markings. Sweet head and expression, dark eyes, correct earset and dentition. Lovely size for a toy spaniel and very happy temperament. Moved with good reach and drive with proud head carriage, maintaining a level topline on the move. Pleased to award her BP and lovely to hear that she went on to get PG2.
2. Hawkins’ Lexody’s Apocalyptic. 7 month old Blenheim bitch. Well broken markings with rich chestnut on a pearly white background. Lovely head with melting expression. Dark eyes, good pigmentation, well set ears and correct dentition. Moved well once settled. A very promising puppy.
J: (5,2) 1. Webster’s Culverwood I had a Dream. 15 month old Blenheim dog. Well balanced overall. Presented in immaculate condition. Lovely head with large dark eyes, good pigmentation and melting expression. Well broken markings and plenty of coat for his age. Good angulation which he used to his advantage on the move.
2. Lewis’ Carleeto French Fancy. 9 month old black & tan bitch. Beautifully presented with silky raven black coat with tan markings. Nice size and well balanced. Happy outgoing temperament. Moved well maintaining her topline at all times.
PG: (11,3) 1. Knapp & Blackie’s Cridensa Conrad. 23 month old ruby dog. Immaculately presented with plenty of silky rich red coat. Stunning head with large, round dark eyes and the desired melting expression. Good pigmentation and correct dentition. Well balanced overall and held his topline at all times. Good bone and good turn of stifle. Moved with grace and elegance around the ring. Delighted to award him BOB.
2. Coole’s Jolainey Frederick JW. 2 year old Blenheim dog. Lovely head with round, dark eyes, good pigmentation and correct dentition. Good cushioning under eyes which gave a melting expression. Correct angulation which he used to good effect on the move, holding a level topline.
L: (5,2) 1. Walton’s Underknoll Kiki. 2 year old Blenheim bitch. Well broken markings. Well constructed and well balanced. Sweet expression with round dark eyes, good pigmentation and enough cushioning. Moved well with good reach and drive, maintaining a level topline at all times.
2. Franks’ Cathmead Solid Gold. 21 month old Blenheim bitch with spot. Well broken markings. Good angulation throughout. Pretty head with sweet expression. Good pigmentation and correct dentition. Nice compact size. Moved well.
OD: (8,2) 1. Thompson’s Karaime’s Dream Believer for Culverwood. 3 year old Blenheim dog with spot, presented in excellent condition. Rich chestnut markings on a well broken coat. Masculine head with correct earset and good pigmentation. Good bone and good turn of stifle. Moved well with reach and drive. RBOB
2. Cox’s Featherfalls Rising Sun for Fujairah. 4 year old Blenheim dog. Beautifully presented with rich chestnut markings on a well broken pearly white coat. Good angulation and good turn of stifle. Sweet expression, good pigmentation and correct dentition. Moved well.
OB: (6) 1. Walton’s Underknoll Rudbeckia. 5 year old ruby bitch. Well presented with rich red silky coat. Pretty feminine head with large, round, dark eyes and good pigmentation. Well set ears with plenty of feathering. Short coupled with good angulation throughout. Moved well, holding a level topline.
2. Coles’ Twyforde Kharis. 2 year old Blenheim bitch. Well broken markings. Nice size and good angulation. Sweet expression, lovely round dark eyes and correct earset with almost flat skull between. Moved well with good reach and drive.