- Date: 11/08/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Tricia Bentley Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Bournemouth Canine Association
Bournemouth Canine Association
General Championship Show - 11th August 2018
Spaniel (Cocker) – Judge: Tricia Bentley
I'm sorry to have kept you all outside in the persistent drizzle, but knowing that the long grass in the wet weather tent was not really suitable for showing Cockers, I ploughed on regardless, only giving up for BCC and BoB. The presentation of almost every exhibit was good and a little rain didn't spoil the picture.
SPECIAL BEGINNERS DOG/BITCH – 3 (A0)
1 CASSIDY'S MANCHELA HUGO BOSS JW SH CM. I was surprised to see such a quality dog in this class. Blue, well-presented and handled. Good head, neck, strong legs and feet, sound on the move, well-developed middle piece.
2 WARD'S DYKERE CITY GENTLEMAN. Very light blue, handsome head. Generally well-made, but lacked the compact appearance of the first and not as strong in front, but one to have a lot of fun with.
3. BROTHWELL'S WILANORAH SOUL SISTER AT WISSANT.
MINOR PUPPY DOG – 3 (A0)
1.PRETTY'S JOALDY BEST MATE. Lovely-headed blue, straight front, but feet need to tighten. Well-ribbed for age, correct hind-quarters and moved well. At only 7 months looking rather raw, but with maturity could look good. BPD.
2. WHITE'S MERRYSPRINGS MAGIC STAR. Dark blue 7 month old, well-grown. Head needs plenty of time to develop, but overall generally well-constructed and moved well.
3. GRIST'S KASORDON FIREPOWER.
PUPPY DOG – 1 (A1)
JUNIOR DOG – 6 (A1)
1. ROBERTSON'S KASTRIAN AFFECTION JW. 14 month old black. Very attractive head, good neck and shoulders, well-boned with good legs and feet. Very well-ribbed, strong hind-quarters which he used to advantage on the move. Would look better on the move if he were encouraged to carry his head higher. I had him in mind for RCC, but hind movement a little erratic in the challenge.
2. DAVIES AND PRETTY'S KERRIGLOW GAME OF THRONES. 17 month old black. An attractive head, although I preferred the head of the first. Well-ribbed and little between these two very promising black dogs. If he can be persuaded not to pull so hard on the lead it would be an improvement.
3.SHAPLAND' DERACOR DISTINCTION.
YEARLING DOG – 5 (1A)
1.COLLINS KING OF HEARTS AT CANDYKE JW. Strongly-made dark blue. Liked his head, neck, shoulders.. Well-pronounced ribs, good legs and tidy feet. Very compact youngster and moved well.
2. WARD'S DYKERE CITY GENTLEMAN.
3. BAYLISS'S WILANORAH ROCK 'N 'ROLL
NOVICE DOG – 4
3.SHAPLAND' DERACOR DISTINCTION.17 Month old black, third behind the two super blacks in Junior, and although I'd prefer a bit more of him, he's a very short compact dog, with good movement. Coat not his fortune.
2. BLACKLEY'S COOLEELA OPERATION DYNAMO WIGHTROCHE. Another nice young black beautifully presented. Good legs and feet, well-ribbed, well made all round, moved well, but with high tail carriage.
3. WARD'S DYKERE CITY GENTLEMAN.
GRADUATE DOG - 1
DAVIES AND PRETTY'S KERRIGLOW GAME OF THRONES
POSTGRADUATE DOG – 4 (2A)
1. KEW'S LUJESA STARMAN AT WYLEVIEW. Excellent 2 year old black, eye-catching head, neck, shoulders, ribs. Well-made hind-quarters, presented a superb outline. Moved well. Well presented. RCC
2. HOOPER'S SPENDLES SPIN IN SILVER. Top quality 20 month old light blue. A good Cocker from head to toe, very well ribbed, clean outline. Moved well and well presented.
LIMIT DOG – 3 (1A)
1. BAYLISS'S WILANORAH ROCK 'N 'ROLL. Nice type of dark blue, good head, well-ribbed, short and compact. Moved well, in lovely condition.
2. DE CARTERET'S BITCON SPY FOR DERRINDEE. Well-grown dark blue, whose owner had difficulty in handling him. However he moved well and was of a good type.
OPEN DOG – 5 (1A)
1. HACKETT'S SH CH LINDRIDGE DIAMOND GEEZA. I judged this blue dog three years ago, when I forecast a bright future for him. He carried his tail a bit low today in this class, but apart from this, I consider him to be one of the best blue dogs I've ever handled. He really is a handsome dog, from his head, strong, straight front with deep tight feet, through his well-developed middle piece to his well-angulated broad back-end. A very square strong dog. I awarded him his 5th CC today and later, when he entered the wet-weather tent, he started jumping about, tail up and wagging and thoroughly enjoying his day. I didn't hesitate to award him BoB.
2. CRAIG'S ALISMA ZACHARIUS JW. Anther quality blue, good head and well-made all through. Good coat in shining condition, but not as clean in outline as the first. Sound and merry on the move.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH – 3 (1A)
1. HOOPER'S SPENDLES SILVER ROSE. Six month old blue, showing good promise for her age. Head needs to develop, but good legs and feet, well-ribbed, correct in hind-quarters. Moved and showed well.
2. HUTTON-BABER'S BRYNCERI ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. 8 month old light blue, more developed in head than first but needs to strengthen all round and not the good hind angulation of the first. Moved well and merrily. One to have fun with, but could I suggest that her handler practices standing her in front of a mirror? She would look so much better with her front legs placed underneath her.
PUPPY BITCH – 10
1. WHITINGS ANNILAN MISS ZING. Nine and a half month old dark blue of excellent type. Nice head and neck, good shoulders, well ribbed, strong hind-quarters, all put together well, giving a very clean outline. BPIB and Puppy Group 2.
2. BEEVER'S DANDYJAN YOUR SO VAIN. Almost 12 month old dark blue. Really good head, well-made all through with well-pronounced ribs. Moved soundly and happily, just preferred the sharper outline of the first.
3. BAVIN AND AUSTIN'S EASTONBAVENT I HAVE A DREAM.
JUNIOR BITCH – 10 (1A)
1. CRAIG'S ALISMA ANNIVERSARY ROSE. Attractive, well-constructed 15 month old blue. Very good head, short, with big ribs, the best movement in the class and presented in excellent condition. Perhaps shorter feathering would improve the appearance further.
2. HILLIER'S COEDCERNYW CALENDAR GIRL. Impressive 13 month old golden bitch in lovely coat and condition. Preferred the expression of the first, but well made all through. Sound and merry. Should have a bright future.
3. MASTER'S AND DOTT'S MANCHELA LADY MILLION.
YEARLING BITCH – 6 (1A)
1. BARD'S WITHIFLOR FAIRY TALE JW. Another very eye-catching golden, good head, neck and shoulders, clean legs with neat feet. Good body, moved well. Should have a successful career ahead of her.
2. COWLES' CHATTIVORE SUMMER MELODY OVER SHENJELA. Almost 2 year old dark blue. Attractive head, good neck and shoulders, very well-developed middle piece. Moved and showed well, in super condition.
3. GARRARD'S CLAVAIRE BLUE IVY.
NOVICE BITCH – 7 (1A)
1. HILLIER'S COEDCERNYW CALENDAR GIRL.
2. BEVIS AND NORRIE-MILLER'S POPOCATEPETL DEJA VU. Super quality black and white, but would prefer more work in head. Lovely straight front, good feet, well-developed ribs, good quarters, moved well. In sparkling condition.
3. ROBERTSON'S KASTRAIN DECORATION.
GRADUATE BITCH – 4 (1A)
1. BEVIS AND NORRIE-MILLER'S POPOCATEPETL DEJA VU.
2. HOOPER'S SPENDLES SHE'S A DANCER. Very short, well-ribbed dark blue; not a lot of her but nice type and a sound merry mover.
3. WARD'S PEARKIM PERSEPHINE AT WENSUM.
POSTGRADUATE BITCH – 6 (2A)
1. BAVIN AND AUSTIN'S ROJOYS CHASE THE DREAM JW SH CM. Lovely-headed dark blue, good neck and shoulders, well-pronounced ribs, good hind-quarters. Moved well and well presented.
2. DE CARTERET'S KYNA SLACK ALICE WITH DERRINDEE. Not the head of the first, lacking in stop. Generally well-made but would prefer more rib. Moved well.
3. BROTHWELL'S WILANORAH CANDYPOP AT WISSANT.
LIMIT BITCH – 8 (4A)
1. DARBY'S CLASSICWAY CLAUDIA SCHIFFER. 3 year old blue roan and tan in sparkling condition. Well made all through, nice head, legs and feet, well-developed middle piece. Sound merry mover. Painted a very pretty picture.
2. ELLISON'S WITHIFLOR SCIENCE FICTION. Attractive head on this well-constructed 3 year old black. Good length of neck, short compact body, tidy legs and feet, good hind-quarters. Moved with purpose, but moving rather close in front.
3. BROTHWELLS WILANORAH CANDY POP AT WISSANT.
OPEN BITCH – 9 (2A)
1. PARKER'S WEYHILL WISHLIST. When I turned round and spotted this bitch, I immediately though I would like her in my own kennel. Very solidly-made black with good head, nice legs and feet, with plenty of bone. Strong ribs, well-made hind-quarters, sound happy mover. CC – her third.
2. DARBY'S SH CH LUJESA MAGIC TOUCH AT CLASSICWAY JW. Another quality black. Not quite the substance of the first but well-made all round. Lovely outline, well-presented and moved well. RCC.
3. MASTER'S AND DOTT'S MANCHELA WHERE THE HEART IS JW.
VETERAN BITCH – 2
1.BLACKLEY'S SH CH GLENNTREE RUBY SLIPPERS JW SH CH. 10 year old black and tan. Lovely bitch in good coat and condition. Moved well, belying her age.
2. DANIEL'S STARBOURNE GAZANIA. 7 year old orange roan still looking like a show girl. Not the substance or the coat of the first, but still moving happily, despite the deluge.
Tricia Bentley - Judge