- Date: 18/05/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Sue Dykes Contact Judge
- Published Date: 05/11/2018
Scottish Kennel Club
I was looking forward to judging my breed after a gap of six years, and thank the exhibitors for their entry. I was concerned to find several exhibits who, while maintaining a square outline, were short in rib & long in loin. Please remember that this is not a cosmetic issue, the breed standard is clear what is required. Fronts are still a problem in our breed, and I was disappointed to find several exhibits with incorrect feet, these are a breed feature, and we should not ignore them. I may be accused of colour bias with my principle winners, however they merited their places by their breed type and attributes, nothing else.
Minor Puppy Dog (1/1)
1. Low’s ROUTENBURN CHASING STATUS Stylish pup with good layback of shoulder and hind angulation. Correct size. Correct tail set & carriage. Front & rear movement unsettled at present.
Puppy Dog (6/5)
1. Skaboullos’s FABULOUS TEDDY'S PATH FINDER TO CLOUDBUSTER (IMP FIN) Square exhibit of correct shape & size. Balanced head. Would prefer more angulation either end to complete the picture. Correct feet. Good tail set & carriage. Steady and balanced overall. Best Puppy
2. Thornton’s PERFECT CHOICE TIBETAN GOLDIES This boy was placed second due to being well constructed and the correct shape. He has good feet, as well as the correct tail set. Free moving, but I would have preferred less of him.
3. McKenzie’s ROUTENBURN AGAMEMNON
Junior Dog (1/1)
1. Marley & Thirlwell’s MYRLEA UNDER THE SPELL Correct head with good eye. Reasonable angulation either end. Correct feet. Well presented in good coat. Was full of bounce on the move.
Post Graduate Dog (2/2)
1. Wilson’s DJANKAY STAR ECLIPSE Stylish boy of correct shape & size. Correct feet. Good rear angulation with low hock. Correct tail set & carriage. Good well presented coat. Would prefer a little more layback of shoulder and forward reach to complete the picture.
2. Lonsdale’s OZZONE'S OH MY GIDDY GOSH Correct shape & size with good coat texture. Balanced head. Correct feet. Unsettled rear movement.
Limit Dog (2/1)
1. Marley & Thirlwell’s MYRLEA MOSTLY GHOSTLY Lovely shape & size. Balanced throughout. Correct head with good eye. Correct feet. Short coupled body. Correct tail set & carriage. Good coat texture & presentation. Well presented & free moving. CC
Open Dog (9/8)
1. Stutchbury’s INCALUX PERCHANCE TO DREAM ABOUT KUTULA JW SHCM Smart boy of correct shape & size. Balanced head. Correct feet. Good coat of correct texture. Sound & free moving. Headed one of the strongest classes of the day and pushed hard for top honours RCC
2. Bateman’s BALTORO KNOWING YOU This boy also epitomises the correct breed type. Balanced head, correct feet. Good body of correct shape & size. Correct well presented coat. Correct tail set & carriage. I just preferred the construction and movement of 1
3. Cherry’s LYNCES WHATEVER YOU WANT SHCM
Veteran Dog (5/3)
1. Smeall’s THEMILL SAMSON OF DRUMBATHIE SHCM Correct size boy in excellent coat of correct texture. Reasonable angulation either end. Balanced head. Carrying too much weight, but clearly enjoying his day.
2. Stutchbury’s NEFERTARI LIFE ON MARS AT KUTULA Large boy in excellent coat & condition. Correct feet. Rear movement unsettled
3. Ward’s ANJIMALSEA GOLDEN BROWN SHCM
Minor Puppy Bitch (5/4)
1. Cooper & Purslow’s WHELL MEET AGAIN This baby was the best constructed of the class. Lovely shape & size. Pretty head with correct bite. Good depth of rib. Free moving. I liked her a lot, however she was not at her happiest and did not carry her tail as well as she could of.
2. Low’s ROUTENBURN GOT IT FLAUNT IT Stylish girl of correct shape. Correct eye. Good hind angulation with low hocks. Would have preferred a bit more forward reach. Good tail set & carriage.
3. Ward’s PIPPALATA I'VE GOT RYTHAM
Puppy Bitch (7/7)
1. McLean’s ROUTENBURN THIS IS THE ONE AT GLENCOUL Very smart girl who was well presented in excellent coat & condition. Correct feet. Reasonable angulation either end. Good tail set & carriage. Balanced on the move. Best Bitch Puppy and pushed hard for best puppy.
2. Norman Wilson’s ARAKI PHANTASY YANKEE LUVA Square baby of correct size. Good coat texture. Correct tail set & carriage. Would prefer a bit more angulation to give her more freedom of movement. Not quite the finish of 1
3. Smeall’s DRUMBATHIE DIAMOND FOR ME
Junior Bitch (9/7)
1. Marley & Thirlwell’s PINROW MIDNIGHT ECLIPSE OVER MYRLEA This youngster was one of the best constructed exhibits of the day. Balanced head. Square shape, short coupled, correct size. Good layback of shoulder & hind angulation. Good coat of correct texture. Sound & free moving. One to watch.
2. Coupland & Buckley’s PIPPALATA GO GETTER Another very promising youngster, unlucky to meet winner today. Good head with correct eye. Correct body shape & size. Balanced and sound, just not as free moving as 1, but a lot to like.
3. Thornton’s LONGCOAT BE MY PETAL
Post Graduate Bitch (11/9)
1. Honey’s KHYIBRANG QUEEN OF THE STRAITS JW Very smart youngster of correct shape & size. Pretty head with correct bite. Correct tail set & carriage. Balanced on move & standing. Eye catching girl who although still maturing, will have her day. RCC
2. Underwood’s ARAKI QUEEN LATIFAH Smart bitch of different type to 1. Good angulation either end. Good head with correct bite. Correct feet. Correct tail set & carriage. Sound and steady on the move. Good well presented coat. Just preferred the overall outline of 1.
3. Rae’s ALILAH HUMBUG
Limit Bitch (8/7)
1. Honey’s ALILAH CARMEL CIRO AT KYHIBRANG Lovely girl, feminine with pretty head. Correct eye & bite. Reasonable angulation either end & free moving. Correct feet. Good tail set & carriage. Correct coat texture. Balanced throughout.
2. Cherry’s LYNCES MADE IN HEAVEN Very pretty bitch of correct shape & size, although would prefer her to be shorter in loin. Balanced. Steady on the move, just not as free moving as 1. Correct feet.
3. Cooper’s ARAKI FROZEN ASSETTS
Open Bitch (8/6)
1. Tempest’s SHADEACRE FLY THE FLAG FOR ALILAH (IMP SWE) This girl exudes breed type. Lovely head with correct eye. Correct feet. Correct shape and size. Short coupled. Well angulated either end and balanced throughout. Free moving. Stylish & sound. In excellent coat of correct texture. CC & BOB.
2. Honey’s KYHIBRANG ST CARMENS ROSE Attractive bitch of correct shape & size. Correct head. Good rear angulation. Not quite as free moving as 1, but a lot to like about her. Good well presented coat.
3. Cooper & Purslow’s CH ARAKI QUEST FOR FAME
Veteran Bitch (4/2)
1. Taylor’s MIKUDI SUGAR N` SPICE CW16 Pretty girl in excellent coat & condition. Correct shape & size. Correct feet, good tail set & carriage. Well presented.
2. Armstrong & Hogg’s COLJI LITIL DEVIL 10 yr old in good coat. Correct size. Good feet. Would prefer higher tail set.