- Date: 06/05/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Peter Bakewell Contact Judge
- Published Date: 05/11/2018
Welsh Terrier Association
WELSH TERRIER ASSOCIATION
I would like to thank the Officers and committee for inviting and giving me the honour to judge the Club Championship Show and for the warm welcome and hospitality given to me. Not a large entry but there were some good quality exhibits to judge.
Veteran Dog No Entries
Minor Puppy Dog No Entries
Puppy Dog No Entries
Junior Dog (1)
1. Bradley, Aman The Prince Of Wales, nice size, well balanced with good outline. Nice head with strong jaw, dark eye, straight front, nice ribs and body, short back, good hindquarters, well set tail.
Special Beginners Dog No Entries
Novice Dog No Entries
Post Graduate Dog No Entries
Limit Dog (2 -1a)
1. Vickers, Eskwyre Wyart Earp, a soundly made dog, good size, well balanced with good outline, good head, eye and expression, well carried ear, nice neck and shoulders, good quarters fore and aft, deep chest, good ribs and body, short back, strong loin, good well set tail, muscular hindquarters, well presented, good coat and texture. Moved very well. Dog C.C. and Best in Show.
Open Dog (3-2a)
1. Young, Monaline Lancelot, a strongly made masculine dog, good outline and overall balance, good head, strong jaw, dark eye, good quarters, well-made body, strong loin, good tail set, moved well. Res Dog C.C.
Veteran Bitch No Entries
Minor Puppy Bitch (1)
1. Griffin, Bonnie Bach, a very playful pup enjoying her day, very typical, pleasing in outline and overall balance. Ok in ribs and body, short back. Moved ok once settled
Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Spragg, Westpenn Sugar Mama, a lovely well balanced puppy of good size and outline, feminine with good head, eye and expression, good ears, strong jaw, nice neck, soundly made quarters fore and aft, deep chest, well ribbed, short back, good hindquarters and tail set, good coat well presented and handled. Moved well. Best Puppy in Show.
2. Griffin, Bonnie Bach,
Junior Bitch (1)
1.Riley, Yonchi Splash of Ginge, nice size and overall balance, a shade finer in head and ears carriage could be better, straight front but a little wide, well-bodied, good coat, well presented.
Special Beginners Bitch (2)
1. Ball, Carmarthenshire Cariad, nice size, pleasing in outline and overall balance, nice head and ears, dark eye, well-made body, short back, good hindquarters, moved a shade wide in front.
2. Davies, Cwmmeudwy Groten Goch, good size, very typical, but heavier made bitch, ear carriage could be better, short back, a steady mover.
Novice Bitch (2)
1. Ball, Carmarthenshire Cariad,
2. Davies, Cwmmeudwy Groten Goch
Post Graduate Bitch (2)
1. Gatto-Ronchieri, Tilster High Society at Solentine, nice head, dark eye, nicely made body, good hindquarters, pleasing in outline, nice size and overall balance.
2. Watkin-Jones, Little Blossom of the Sky, up to size and shade longer cast in body, nice quarters fore and aft, nice ribs, well presented and moved well.
Limit Bitch (2 -1a)
1. Graham, Stanstead Shining Star, a soundly made bitch, up to size, but balanced with good outline, good head, eye and expression, nice neck, good quarters fore and aft, good ribs and body, strong loin, well set tail, good coat, well presented. Moved well. Bitch C.C. and Reserve Best in Show. I was pleased to hear this was crowning C.C.
Open Bitch (2 -1a)
1.Young and Potts, Kebulak She Devil, up to size, nice head and eye, a shade longer cast in body, strong loin, well set tail, muscular hindquarters. Moved well. Res. Bitch C.C.
Judge: Peter E. Bakewell