- Date: 25/08/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Helen Layton Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Scottish Kennel Club
The Scottish Kennel Club 26th August 2018
I would like to thank the officers and committee for inviting me to judge at their show, also a big thank you to all the exhibitors for taking the time to make the long journey.
Minor Puppy Dog: (1)
1) Mr D S Iley: Rossvale Dress For Success. 7 ½ month Gold/White, Beautiful shape and balance with lovely head and expression, nice wide jaw with perfect dentition. Was a very happy and lively puppy - BPD
Puppy Dog: (1)
1) Mr & Mrs Grugan: Warathwaite King Int North De Jardhu. 10 month old Gold/White, Good mouth and dentition with a pleasing head, level topline and good balance. Well presented.
Junior Dog: (5, Ab 1)
1) Mr & Mr Russell & Evans: Ta Maria Black Edition At Matsuba (Imp). Black/White very masculine boy, lovely head piece and broad skull with a nice dark eye, excellent dentition. Well bodied with good ribbing, good construction front and rear allowing him to reach and drive around the ring. In beautiful coat and condition. Was pleased to award him the Res CC.
2) Mr T Crossland: Chaela Ralphish. Another nice young boy with a lot of lovely qualities, I just preferred the head and expression of the winner, well constructed with good body and width of chest. In excellent coat and condition.
Post Graduate Dog: (5, Ab 1)
1) Mr, Mrs & Miss Rudham: Thaisu Huggy Bear. Solid Gold, Pleasing head with a nice dark eye and good width of jaw, had a level topline on the move, had really good muscle tone and well constructed.
2) J Sullivan: Jacquinta Lets Go Andy JW. Gold/White, slightly bigger boy than winner but still has lots of qualities. Moved around the ring with attitude and determination. Well coated.
Limit Dog: (3)
1) Mr & Mrs Brown: Rossvale All About The Boy. Gold/White male with a gorgeous head and expression, excellent mouth and melting large dark eyes. Nice length of neck leading into well constructed shoulders, lovely width of chest and well bodied. Carried his tail well and moved well coming and going. Was very pleased to award him the CC.
2) Mr, Mrs & Miss Rudham: Jazala Austentatious ShCM. Another lovely boy to go over but very different in type for me but carried good body and substance. Very sound coming and going and very well presented.
Open Dog: (2)
1) Mr T Crossland: Chaela Ralphish – Placed second in junior dog.
2) Mr & Mrs Grugan: Jardhu Yenroc William Of Orange. Gold/White. Just preferred the type of winner, but still has excellent body and good width of chest, Sound dog but would like a bit more get up and go.
Veteran Dog: (1)
1) Mr & Mrs Grugan: Ch Jardhu Like Arte Made JW ShCM. This boy is 14 ½ years old and moved round the ring like a youngster! Pleasing head with dark eyes and good pigment, well bodied and level topline. Well balanced stood and on the move.
Minor Puppy Bitch: (1)
1) Mr D Iley: Rossvale All Dressed Up. Litter sister to BPD, very happy and lively girl with lots of attitude. Lovely head and eyes, good construction and very well balanced.
Puppy Bitch: (3)
1) Mr & Mrs Stevens: Peekin Miss Jive-Bunny-Tu. Gold/White girl in excellent coat. She put on a good performance for her owner moving round the ring with attitude. Lovely tail carriage on the move and stood, always held a lovely topline. Well ribbed with enough substance. Was pleased to award her BPIB and later took puppy Gp 4.
2) Mrs Y Forbes: Paliden Bucks Fizz To Ekland. Solid Gold. Nice size but still has plenty of bone and substance, Good dark eye and pigment. Nice lay of shoulder and moved with purpose. In good coat and condition.
Junior Bitch: (3)
1) Mr & Mr Russell & Evans: Ta Maria Royal Fantasy At Matsuba (Imp). Gold/White, very pretty head and expression with a lovely dark eye and good width of jaw. Good constructed in front and rear, moves well but is a beautiful picture stood. In excellent coat and condition.
2) Mrs Y Forbes: Paliden Bucks Fizz To Elkand – 2nd in Puppy Bitch.
Post Graduate Bitch: (3)
1) Mrs S McMillan: Isishouse Princess Tiye For Yazhi. Nice size Gold/White girl with a pretty head and expression, good width of jaw. Lovely go over with everything in the right place, needs to mature in coat and just wanted a little bit more get up and go from her on the move.
2) Mr & Mrs Stevens. Peekin Miss Souza-Tu. Very similar to winner but she was not a 100% happy on the day.
Limit Bitch: (2)
1) Mr & Mrs Shaw: Shorestar Hocus Pocus. Solid Black with so many wonderful qualities, lovely head piece with a melting expression, nice broad jaw and correct dentition. Lovely length of neck flowing into a level topline. Good depth of chest and level topline, kept her balance on the move and stood. In beautiful coat and condition. Was pleased to award her the Res CC.
2) Mrs M Hatten: Thaisu Vampire Kisses For Marbo. Solid Gold, slightly taller than winner but still a very pretty expression, well constructed with good body. Lovely tail carriage held at all times.
Open Bitch: (3, Ab 1)
1) Mr & Mrs Brown: Ch Rossvale Secret Obsessions. You can definitely understand why she has won so much, she is a show girl through and through always giving her owner a hundred and ten percent! Lovely arrogant expression with melting large dark eyes, excellent construction front and rear allowing her to motor around the ring. Nice width of chest carrying enough body and holding a level topline at all times. Well balanced beautifully presented. Was pleased to award her the CC & BOB and later watched her get shortlisted in a strong Utility Group.
2) Mr & Ms Casentieri: Popeye’s Crème De La Crème JW (Imp Swe). Very unfortunate to meet winner. Lovely head and expression with dark eyes and good pigmentation, Lovely shape and size, really well bodied and moved well in profile. In excellent coat and groomed to perfection.
Veteran Bitch: (1)
1) Mrs S Longstaff: Shihmali Mum’s The Word. Similar type to open – pretty head and expression, nice uptilt nose with good pigmentation and dark eyes. Well put together and held herself well stood and on the move. Sound mover coming and going. BVIB and Gp 3.
Miss H L Howard