- Date: 04/02/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Hazel Fitzgibbon Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/05/2018
Japanese Shiba Inu Club Of Great Britain
Japanese Shiba Inu club of Great Britain – 30th Anniversary Show
Many thanks to the Club, Committee and Officers for the honour of being able to judge this special show. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and the exhibitors were free with their applause and most sporting. The rosettes and special awards deserve a mention; they were very special indeed and worthy of being awarded at an Anniversary show.
The dogs were without exception of good temperament and all presented in good show condition. There was the odd one going thick through the loin but generally all were at correct weight. Coats were trying their hardest to stay in but this was obviously failing on occasion.
Type varied greatly, now even more than in the past, as did colour. Soundness was generally good with no hopping or lameness on view today. Some bites could have been tighter but there were no wry, level or undershot dogs on show.
1. Best-Rawlings; Trixwood Vision for Bothways
What a splendid start to the day. Well grown with a quality coat and good bone throughout. Very smart lad with excellent front, needs to tighten a little at the rear. A sickle tail and defined urajiro. Liked him very much.
1. Dunhill-Hall; Vormund Sinister
Elegant B/T. Well marked with a big ‘bow tie’. Moderate for bone and angles. Very striking profile with well set tail. Moving like he is built, with great balance in all directions. BPD
Junior Dog (3,1)
1. Black/Black Bunce; Casakura Harly Heritage for Zaandam
Lighter colour than for preference but movement and overall balance won him this class. Big lad with bone to match and with quality textured double coat. Good feet. Without doubt a Male and absolutely sound.
2. Dunhill-Hall; Aga No Shouijji Go Sapporo Kagasou Vormund (Imp Jpn)
Appealing on the stack and at the other end of the spectrum from the previous dog. Most lovely colour with a pretty face. Good coat and excellent tail set.
Mid Limit Dog (2)
1. Watson; Calicelesti Casanova
On the lighter side colour-wise, but a good headed dog with well developed cheeks. Excellent neck and crest. Well set tail. Balanced angles. In excellent coat. A smart lad who despite defying his owner managed to put on a good show of moving. Lovely to see there is still some character in the breed! Res DCC and Res BIS
2. Marriott; Shika Shino Black Rox at Jarshimar
Pretty headed dog with well set eye and ears. Feet and pasterns could be better and would prefer more angles throughout.
Limit Dog (4)
1. Dunhill; Vormund James Bond
Scoring here in balanced movement. Most lovely head and eye on this lad. Good body breadth and depth. Very good overall picture showing a good neck and tail set. Moderate but defined angles throughout.
2. Shika Shino Black Roks at Jarshimar
3. Goudie; Pearlbefree Sos Gran Design
4. Watson; Calicelesti Reaper Man
Open Dog (3,1)
1. Cooper/Dunhill-Hall; Vormund Health Cliff
Very appealing male presented in the best of conditions. Moving out freely and soundly. From his excellent colour and coat, lovely headpiece with an oriental outlook and his very thick tail, he was my star of the day. Glowed with health! DCC, BOB and BIS
2. Craig/Jones; Almoka Dennis the Menace
Heavier build of dog than one but going over him is a joy with the muscle quantity and tone a testament to much correct exercise. Good coat quality and lovely small ears
Veteran Dog (4,1)
1. Black/Black-Bunce; Trixwood Another Hero among Zaandam
An eight year old, showing no years at all, being in fine fettle. Lovely head shape with well developed cheeks and well set small ears. Tail could be higher but sits well on the move. Very ilght mover. Res BVIS
2. Clews; Mymsin Kentaro
Fabulous coloured lad with very clearly defined urajiro. Masculine head without any coarseness. Excellent tail set. Moving freely.
3. Marriott Hoshiko Dream with Melaves
Minor Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Shutt; Jaidev Conspiracy Theory with Tapena
Pretty 8 months old with most appealing head piece. Built on feminine lines and moving out lightly and freely. Good colour.
2. Best-Rawlings; Trixwood It’s a Kind of Magic to Zaandam
Another quality bitch but built on heavier lines. Wouldn’t want her any bigger. Excellent for head type. Moving freely
Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Dunhill-Hall; Vormund Famous Last Words
Loved this youngster. Sturdy to go over and well developed throughout. Well shaped head. Oriental eye and small ears. Excellent tail set. Moving out very soundly being true and balanced in all directions. BPB and BPiS
2. Mothersdale; Amivike’s Affair of the Heart
B/T Lighter frame than 1 but still a quality puppy. Good neck, topline and tail. Profile is good.
Junior Bitch (6,2)
1. Ellershaw; Shiamaru Benisa among Galshan (imp Rus)
Lovely style of bitch with many good breed points. Light free mover and beautiful head type. Colour could be denser.
2. Marriott; Amivike’s Mia Magic at Jarshimar
Good body, tailset and feet on this youngster.
3. Amivike’s Affair of the Heart
4. Smeaton; Shibabies Here I Come
Yearling Bitch (2)
1. Black/Black-Bunce; Trixwood Be Any’s Dream of Me to Zaandam
B/T with correct colour of undercoat. Good neck, body shape and true front. Scores on the move
2. Amivike’s Mia Magic at Jarshimar
Post Graduate Bitch (5, 2)
1. Mothersdale; Amivike’s With a Touch of Ink
Stocky girl and solid to go over. Lovely picture on the stack with excellent neck and outline. Good tail set.
2. Shiamaru Benisa among Galshan (imp Rus)
3. Brans; Marilouvales Queen of Hearts
Mid Limit Bitch (2)
1. Craig/Jones; Almolka Titchy Strider
Petite bitch but balanced both on the stack and on the move. Lovely to go over with exceptional muscle quality. Lively mover.
2. Bryans; Marilouvales Queen Elsa
Mature outlook and well presented, a very different type to 1. Well presented.
Limit Bitch (4,2)
1. Dunhill-Hall; Vormund Rio Caipiroska
Striking bitch, beautifully presented. In excellent coat. Lovely head and expression with correct eye set. Moderate angles but balanced throughout. Moving with absolute precision. Quality girl, well presented.
2. Mothersdale; Amivikes Super Minx
Clean head and eye with well developed cheeks. Well boned throughout. Coat colour could be better.
Open Bitch (5, 2)
1. Dunhill-Hall; Ch Vormund Eva Green
Top quality bitch who oozed type. Loved her from her classic head type to her well set tail. Presented a typical Shiba on the stack and moved out truly. Res CC
2. Goudie; Ch Pearlbefree Oso Fab U’lass
Another lovely champion. Very good for type and substance. Good double coat. Colour could be denser. Excellent tail set. Preferred head type of 1.
3. Amivikes Super Minx
Open Black and Tan Bitch (1)
1. Trixwood Be Amy’s Dream of Me
Standing alone here and enjoying her day. Wouldn’t like her any bigger
Open Sesame Bitch (1)
1. Mothersdale; Amivikes Cos I’m Special ShCM
At 10 ½ she is in fabulous shape. Lovely profile excellent neck and angles. Excellent tail set. Moving soundly.
Veteran Bitch (3)
1. Best Rawlings; Ch Ir CH Trixwood Addicted to Love
Very lovely bitch who shows the lasting qualities of the breed without going coarse or loosing type in any way. Excellent conformation with short strong loin holding her frame together. Moving out with ease and grace, covering ground with no effort. BCC and BOS.
2. Amivikes Cos I’m Special ShCM
3. Cooper; Vormund I’m Luella at Pervale
Judge; Hazel Fitzgibbon (Mrs) February 2018