- Show Date: 11/11/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Elaine Turnbull Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Midland Dobermann Club
I would like to thank the committee for asking me to judge at this show, the exhibitors who came under me and showed extreme sportsmanship to one another, and to my stewards who kept everything running smoothly. I had a most enjoyable day because of this.
The dog judge, Mrs Janet Forsahaw, and I were in full agreement that that my CC winner JONES. CHKORIFEY TREASURE JW Sh CM, should win BEST IN SHOW. We both decided that the BEST DOG winner was to go RESERVE BEST IN SHOW & BEST OPPOISTE SEX, REID. CH KORIFEY BRAVE AI JW. I judged him when he was only 7 months old and said then that he was one to watch in the future.
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW was the Dog Puppy EVANS . KITADO’S VEGEANCE IS MINE. BEST VETERAN IN SHOW was the Bitch. INGRAM CH TRONJHEIM BELLADONA FROM JOJAVIK JW Sh CM, who in 2012, I gave the CC and made her up.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (12) 4Abs
The first four in this class were of all different types, but, will all change as they grow. (1) MYCROFT. SUSPETA’S PUT A SPELL ON YOU, who will hopefully live up to her name. A very pretty head and expression with a nice eye shape. With correct head planes and nice reach of neck into shoulders, ample depth of chest to elbow for one so young. A good firm topline and good turn of stifle with nice clean hindquarters moved well covering the ground. BEST PUPPY BITCH
(2) RODGERS. KORIFEY BLACK SWAN AT NOLATRI. Elegant in outline with a very feminine head, dark eye of correct shape with parallel planes, flowing into neck and correct shoulders and firm topline. Good clean front ample depth of chest to elbow, firm muscled hindquarters, moved well. (3) EVANS & BUTLER. AMAZON EKATERINA.
PUPPY BITCH (5) 1Abs
INGRAM. JOJAVIK DEVILS IVY. Elegant bitch with a lovely head of correct shape and pleasing expression, lovely dark eye of correct almond shape, good reach of neck with correct shoulders and spring of rib down to elbows. Correct front and rear angulations, stood on good legs and nice cat like feet. I would however like to see a little more drive in the rear, but this will come with maturity.
(2) MYCROFT. SANT KREAL JEWEL FOR SUSPETA (Imp Rus). Brown, pleasing head of correct structure and good shape eye, sufficient reach of neck into shoulders. Ample spring of rib,with a good firm clean topline, croup and tailset, with a good turn of stifle.
(3) BROCK. SUSPETA’S WILD AT HEART WITH TRUVEL.
JUNIOR BITCH (7) 2Abs
(1) EVERLEY. MANZART VOGUE JW. Beautiful bitch in outline, elegant overall with a feminine expression which is not over done. Good head with correct planes and medium stop, good almond shape eye with well filled out cheeks. Lovely arched neck into shoulders and upper arm, elbows tight under the body with a good clean front. Excellent firm topline, croup and tailset , well muscled hindquarters with straight hocks moved with drive, was pleased to award her the RCC . I am sure that she will not have to wait long to get her crown
(2) TYLER. NYX ASTORI WOT A THRILLER (Imp Fra). Feminine bitch of super quality with correct head plans parallel, nice dark eye almond shape and nice small ears which were held correctly, good clean neck in shoulders and upper arm with ample chest to elbows. Good front confirmation, firm topline and croup. Nice clean hindquarters, well muscled and moved with drive coming and going.
(3) CAFFEL. DOBERWAY REPEAT AFTER ME.
(1) FISHER. JOJAVIK MODESTY BLAISE. Lovely in outline, another quality bitch, elegant but not over done in any way, correct proportion for head with a good stop, nice eye shape and colour. Lovely reach of neck with a good front confirmation, good spring of rib to elbows and nice tight elbows, good topline and tuck up with clean hindquarters, moved with drive.
(2) BILLINGTON. SUSPETA’S DONATELLA VERSACE YRIEIX. Larger than (1) but has pleasing head and eye. A good rich tan, sufficient reach of neck into shoulders, nice clean front with good spring of rib to elbows, good strong legs and cat like feet. Good hindquarters with straight hocks.
NOVICE (6) 4Abs
(1) RODGERS. KORIFEY BLACK SWAN AT NOLATRI. Was second in minor puppy bitch.
(2) BILLINGTON. ONLY THE BRAVE WOT A THRILLER AVEC YRIEIX (Imp Fra). 8month old lovely rich chocolate, just a little too big for me, but has a pleasing feminine head with a dark eye. Adequate reach of neck into shoulders, good depth chest down to elbows, with a good clean hindquarters and straight hocks.
(1) SHAW. GRACELAND CHOCOALTE DROP. 20 month old beautiful rich brown in colour. Pleasing head with correct plains and eye, adequate reach of neck into correct shoulders, with good clean front and spring of rib, chest down to tight elbows good length of upper arm. Nice firm topline and tailset, good turn of stifle, moved with easy covering the ground.
(2) SWAIN. ACKLEYPARK HARMONY AT LIASON. Lovely expression with a very feminine head and eye, pleasing soft expression with good reach of neck into shoulders and topline. Ample depth of chest, with a clean front. The only thing I would suggest is the handler not to wear black, as she blended in with her dog and I found it difficult to correctly see the dog’s topline.
(3)GROVES. LATEAGAIN FALLING FOR YOU.
POST GRAGUATE (11) 2Abs
(1) EVERLEY. MANZART VOODOO MAGIC JW. Litter sister to my reserve CC winner. Again, another beautiful bitch in outline, elegant in profile, with correct head plains that are parallel, nice dark eye. Ample reach of neck flowing into correct shoulders and a good clean front, elbow tight under the body with a good tuck up and firm topline, nice firm muscled hindquarters, moved well.
(2) WEBB. SHALISSA’S SIRIUSLY STUNIN AI JW. Very smart bitch with a lot of substance but still elegant. Lovely outline with a pleasing head, nice dark eye of correct shape, lovely arched neck into clean shoulders and good front construction. Stood on good legs and feet. Well spring chest, good firm topline and good croup.
(3) HOPKINSON. OTAGO SOLITAIRE.
LIMIT (12) 3Abs
This was lovely class with some high quality bitches.
(1 )REID. DOBSHANGRILA REBELLION JW. Lovely in outline, with correct head and eye. Was so nice to see the old finger print marking on the face. Ample reach of neck into shoulders, good length of upper arm and tight elbows, well sprung chest and deep brisket. Good firm topline, covered the ground with ease when moving.
(2) INGRAM. JOJAVIK FORGET ME NOT JW SH CM. Another quality bitch, very smart in outline, head of good proportions with a well shaped eye, arched neck into shoulders and good front confirmation. Elbow tight under body, good strong topline and croup, well muscled hindquarters, moved well with drive and balance.
(3) CATTERMORE. SUSPETA’S PHOENIX FOR KALVADENE JW SH CM.
OPEN(7) 2 Abs
(1) EVANS & PITTENDRIGH. AMAZON LET ME LOVE YOU JW. Beautiful in outline, a very elegant bitch with correct head planes and nice eye with a pleasing expression. Ample reach of neck flowing into correct shoulders, lovely clean front with spring of rib down to elbows. Stood on good legs and feet, good turn of stifle and straight hock, nice to watch move.
(2) LAINCHBURY. ASHLAIN TRYPITI JW SH CM. Smart square bitch, with a pleasing expression and good head with correct parallel planes, correct shape almond eye. Also has a thumb print on face, which is lovely to see. Sufficient reach of neck into correct shoulders with a clean front and firm topline. Ample depth of chest down to elbow, stood on good legs and feet. Very sound on the move.
(3) BALSHAW. REMESCA’S VIDA LOCA JW SH CM.
CHAMPION BITCH (7)
(1) JONES. CH. KORIFEY TREASURE JW SH CM. This is a exquisite bitch that is very striking in outline and character. Beautiful dark chocolate brown with lovely shaped head. Correct parallel planes, almond shape eye of dark colour, beautiful arched neck into correct shoulders and upper arm. Lovely clean front with good spring of rib, tight elbows under chest, good bone and stands on good legs and cat like feet. Strong firm topline and tailset, nice clean tuck up, excellent hindquarters well muscled but not over done. Standing with straight hock, moves with drive covering the ground with ease, pleased to award her the CC and BEST IN SHOW.
(2) INGRAM. CH. JOJAVIK PENELOPE PITSTOP JW SH CM. Another worthy champion, lovely head and expression with correct shape head and nice dark eye and ears. Good reach of neck into correct shoulders and good length of upper arm, ample depth of chest with a well sprung ribs down to tight elbows. Strong firm topline with good croup and tailset, moved with good reach and drive.
(3) INGRAM. UK/IR CH JOJAVIK POISON IVY JW SH CM.
VETERAN BITCH (2)
(1)INGRAM. CH TRONJHEIM BELLADONA FROM JOJAVIK JW SH CM. Now 9 years old, she is a real credit to her owners as she is so fit. She is beautifully elegant in outline with a great expression, head of correct proportions and nice dark almond shaped eye. Ample reach of neck flowing into correct shoulders and good length of upper arm. Good clean front ample depth of chest to elbows and still has a good tuck up moved with drive covering the ground with ease. It was not until the end that I recognized her and realised that I gave her, her crown back when she was a young lady. BEST VETERAN IN SHOW
(2) ADAMS. OUROUSE MISS MONEYPENNI JW. 8 years young with a pleasing head and eye, again nice to see the thumb print on face, good reach of neck into shoulder, good clean front stood on good legs and feet. Ample depth of chest and good hindquarters, she was enjoying her day out so much that she was playing her handler up and not moved to her full ability.