- Date: 17/08/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Charles Bannister Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Welsh Kennel Club
WELSH KENNEL CLUB 2018
Veteran Dog (1)
1. JONES’ Ch Pengerrig Iron Duke ShCM. Rising 13 year old blue. Moderately sized dog with pleasing outline, solid bone, no sign of coarseness. Superb dark coat, crisp texture with paler furnishings Excellent head, strong teeth and punishing jaws. Correct moderate angulation throughout. Very good topline with arch over the loin leading to a correct tail set. Moved well.
Puppy Dog (1,0)
1. DAVIES’ Velvety Eye Of The Storm At Honeymist Naf Taf. Pleasing when viewed from the side. Good depth of chest. Topline good, though a little short in loin. Pear shaped head and correct bite. At 6 months old his front action is rather loose and he needs to strengthen behind. Well handled.
Post Graduate Dog (3)
1. MIDDLEBROOK’S Tcheria Tcharleston. Typical head, thin ears, well angulated front, good depth of chest, correct loin, blue coat of good texture. Moved well. Tended to play his handler up when stood, causing his topline to flatten.
2. BALDWIN’S Woolytop Golden Surprise. Liver. Strong head, good length of neck. Nice profile. Good turn of stifle. I preferred the movement of 1st.
3. MITCHELL’S Bluesmurf Semper Paratus.
Limit Dog (3)
1. OFFER’S Woolytop The Wherryman. A big dog, but well constructed. Long, strong jaw and teeth. Moderately angulated front and rear, good length with nice rise over the loin. Well developed muscles with good tone. Coat pale, but of good texture. Moved very well.
2. BOUSE’S Beaconslight Admirable Guy. Plenty of colour to coat. Good length of head, correct eyes, moderately sized ears. Correct depth of chest. Moderately angulated throughout. Topline OK. Moved well.
3. McCOURT’S Bisbee Super Trooper.
Open Dog (5,1)
1. WALTERS & MITCHELL’S Tunman Ta Dah. Up to size, strongly built, well muscled dog. Beautiful dark, linty coat with thick furnishings, Excellent pear shaped head, strong jaw and teeth, nice eyes, moderately sized ears, moderate length of neck leading to flat, sloping shoulders. Good length of loin, correct tail set. Excellent movement from all angles. CC and BOB.
2. BUTLER’S Yarbach Federers Final. Correct sized dog. Wedge shaped head. Horseshoe front. Laid back shoulders. Nice length to height ratio. Good depth of chest. Excellent topline. Moderately angulated hind quarters. Not the coat of 1st. Moved well. RCC.
3. BALDWIN’S Woolytop The One And Only JW Sh.CM.
Puppy Bitch (2)
1. WALTERS & MITCHELL’S Bisbee Blue Brocade Of Tunman. 6 months old. Dark blue linty coat. Topline OK. Front and rear angulation excellent. Needs to mature.
2. BUTLER’S Yarbach Photo Phinish. Everything in proportion with this 11 month old. Good head and topline. On the small side. Should strengthen as matures. Not the best jacket. Moved well.
Junior Bitch (3)
1. LACEY’S Bowlingbrook Makingwhoopi. Good length to height ratio and good angulation throughout. Good colour and texture of coat. Moved well.
2. PHILLIPS’ Rathsrigg Willow. Typical head. Good depth of chest. Coat OK. Moved OK. Close decision with 1st.
3. FARNWORTH’S Sharnor Kwick Kuddles For Tsantha.
Post Graduate Bitch (3)
1. MOORE & CHUDLEIGH’S Devleigh Dare To Dream. Compact, strongly built dark coated blue. Good strong jaw and teeth, but fore-face slightly short. Deep chest. Good topline, moderate length, nice arch over loin. Well angulated front and rear. Moved well.
2. WALTERS & MITCHELL’S Aireview Limelight Of Tunman. Rangier than 1st, appearing less mature. Coat lacking density, but good colour and texture. Good strong pear shaped head, ears moderate sized. Moderately angulated throughout. Moved OK.
3. BALDWIN’S Woolytop Lavender Girl.
Limit Bitch (1)
1. MIDDLEBROOK’S Poppyblu Elara. Feminine blue. Good length of head. Coat of good colour and texture. Well presented. Nice size with balanced angulation front and rear and good length of loin. Moved well when observed from the side. Slightly erratic in front.
Open Bitch (4,1)
1. MOORE & CHUDLEIGH’S Tcheria Tcheerleader At Devleigh. Nicely sized blue. Excellent head. Correct length to height ratio. Good depth of chest and topline. Moderate angulation front and rear. Coat crisp and very dark with dense furnishings. Moved with drive. Went close for Best of breed. CC.
2. PHILLIPS’ Jetsway Fleur of Rathsrigg. On the small side, but all in proportion. Good colour and texture of coat. Wedge shaped head with good length of jaw and good teeth. Flowing curves; good neck, laid back shoulders, good depth of chest. Well angulated hind quarters, correct tailset. Movement exceptional. RCC.
3. DAVIES’ Ch Honeymist Posh Dreamz.
Judge: Roger Bannister MITEYMIDGETS